Should English be the official language of the United States? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
geneviverip wrote:I am writing a research paper on whether or not English should be the official language of the United States. I have provided a link to the survey I created to record answers for my research paper. Your name will remain anonymous. Thanks! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ND82Q5Q

Of course & while we are at it why not have an official flag to match the language. the Union Jack, LOL. :O :eek: :hmm: :p :lol: :lol: ...only JOKING!
We should use our alien lizard powers to force our colonial retarded cousins to speak any language other than English.

I face it. If you didn't have the BBC you would all sound like Johnny Depp now. You consume our movies at a rate that puts your oval vowels at serious risk.

I admit that you have patience. Anyone who can play fairy baseball for 16 hours straight has got patience.

The US should have English as its official language. It serves three purposes. It makes it easy to flunk minorities in school and keep them out of the good jobs. It annoys the shit out of the English. And it keeps 1.2 billion Indian telemarketers from having to be retrained.

But make no mistake. If we did adapt Crow as the official language of Montana some Indian (dot not feather) would be calling me from Microsoft Technical Support saying his name is Gut Shot Dear within a week.
They might. I mean. I am fine with them. No problem. Live and let live I always say.

But I mean Really. They had a chief named Stu-mick-o-súcks. Come on. You try and introduce him to the Secretary of the Interior without cracking a smile. And do that before you find out that his name meant. "Buffalo Bull's Back Fat".

Yes I get the proud tradition and all that but what if he ran for president? I can hear the crowd chanting......oh never mind.
America doesn't need to declare a national language. They need to ditch ALL their dictionaries and teach from the Oxford dictionary. They need to emphasise pronunciation. I don't mean they should pick up a British accent, but it would help if they stopped saying "shtreet" for street. People from Bangladesh speak better English.

Dr Lee

It looks like there's a lot of international culture to and fro-ing. Downton Abby to Rome to Game of Thrones.
geneviverip wrote:I am writing a research paper on whether or not English should be the official language of the United States. I have provided a link to the survey I created to record answers for my research paper. Your name will remain anonymous. Thanks! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ND82Q5Q

You'd need to learn to speak it, first.

The question is wrong.
English IS de facto the official language of the USA, so the only question that can be asked is: Should English REMAIN the official language of the USA?

There was a Congressional debate and a vote concerning German language that took place back in 1795, because there were more German settlers in the USA than any other European settlers.
But Germans voted in favour of English as a common language.

But it seems that Trump is just another pathetic puppet of Globalists, he is continuing the wars on the other side of the Globe, while USA ist still unable to protect their own boarders from Spanish speaking invaders.

So the future of the USA is still uncertain, and if there will be more Spanish speakers in the USA, than English speakers, then it is obvious that Spanish will be the first language in "Mexican/Latinos occupied territories" of the former USA.
So the future of the USA is still uncertain, and if there will be more Spanish speakers in the USA, than English speakers, then it is obvious that Spanish will be the first language in "Mexican/Latinos occupied territories" of the former USA.

Even when the population of the south-western United Sates is majority Spanish-speaking (and that day is fast approaching), it's highly unlikely that it will break away from the US or wish to be re-absorbed back into Mexico. After all, given the choice of being governed from Mexico City or governed from Washington DC, which would you choose? The Gringos may be assholes, but they at least know how to govern themselves with a reasonable degree of efficiency and honesty. So long as they are allowed to live as they want to live, and speak the Spanish language among themselves, why would they wish to secede from the US? The US just has to get used to the idea that it will not be a monolingual or monocultural nation. But that is already the case, even now - the so-called "melting pot" no longer exists, and was always something of a myth anyway. Que sera sera, Papi! 8)
How do official languages work anyway? If the president signed an executive order that was written in Farsi would that carry any authority? Would a contract written in French be recognised by American courts?

It's interesting that so many Americans wish to embrace the countries status as a weak third world country that needs to protect its culture from foreign hegemonic powers.

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Again, there is a difference between in situ concr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]