Should English be the official language of the United States? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
If there are enough people in an area that you need to set up signs in more than one language, then that's fine. It's pretty obvious, when you travel, what the "official language" is. You don't need to make a law or rule, regarding this.

Businesses can set up their signs in any language they want, but they take a risk of having people not know what their business is, unless they put it in the main language of the area.
I think Navajo should be the official language of the USA. Then people who speak real English would not have to deal with the mistakes made by our yankee friends any more. Truck instead of lorry, hood instead of bonnet, shooting range instead of school etc. The US would be far less annoying if nobody else could actually understand any of the shit that comes out of it.
The US would be far less annoying if nobody else could actually understand any of the shit that comes out of it.

Amen. We should use our alien lizard powers to force our colonial retarded cousins to speak any language other than English. That way, we could just ignore the annoying cunts, the same way we ignore everyone else who doesn't speak English. One of the problems with the Dutch too is that most of them can speak fluent English. The fact that we can understand what they are actually saying inspires only loathing and contempt for them in every fibre of our being. So long as they could only grunt and ook in their native swamp people language, we got along fine with them. What do you think ignited the Anglo-Dutch Wars of the 17th century? Some idiot published a Dutch-English dictionary, that's what. :roll:

Besides, the USA doesn't have an official language, any more than the UK does. The whole premise of the OP is therefore nonsensical.
Nope.

If there's to be an official language to my region, it should be Chinook Wawa. We'd all be speaking English anyway.

Beyond that, I don't want to solidify the idea that I have to legally identify with a bunch of fucking limies. The language is insidious enough anyway, do we have to rubber-stamp it?

Finally this issue is just another in a long line of endless examples where rightwingers pretend to be victims under siege--as if the English language was in any danger in North America.

Rightwingers love to pretend that they're against government intervention. Unless it's something like regulating what you do in the bedroom and how you communicate with other people.
I've said it before Potemkin and I will say it again, it is a shame the Spanish Empire did not succeed in wiping out the windmill N***** when they had the chance. God knows they tried, but they didn't try hard enough!

Indeed, Decky. Fortunately, the French picked up the torch which the Spanish had dropped, and tried again in 1672. Almost every major European power rallied to them (including England) and attempted to rid the European continent of this scourge once and for all. Little did we suspect that the swamp people care as little for their own people as they do for everyone else. They opened the dykes and flooded their own country, which made it impossible for our armies of righteousness to finish them off. Still, at least it brought an end to their so-called 'Golden Age', so it wasn't a total waste. :)
Texas is part of Mexico. A few thieves are occupying it at the moment but once they are kicked out or outbred it will revert to the people who owned it before the squatters moved in. The reconquista will happen and the world will be better off to only have to deal with a smaller weaker more dived US. If they are busy killing one another they won't be killing people in the rest of the world.
Texans should go back home to Mexico. The sacrifice of the Polish, German, Irish, and even French and British Catholics to oppose imperialism and with their Mexican brothers is inspiring.

It is pathetic that in their never ending quest to feel like victims rightwingers have tried to appropriate these heroes as whites that must destroy their own proud and unique histories so rightwingers can claim it and blubber; as if they made the sacrifice instead of committed the slaughter.

Your characterization of the Russian invasion of […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]