How come Americans dislike communism so much? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Why do Americans despise Communism?

It always or almost always leads to dictatorship
22%
Capitalism is too ingrained in American Society
9%
Cold War Era Mentality
26%
Fear of reduced progress
5%
They benefit from Capitalism
10%
Misconceptions
17%
Other
10%
Pants-of-dog wrote:So, no evidence. You are probably wrong.

And if you believe something wrong like that, it is probably due to some propaganda.

Are you drunk. Is this your method of arguing, distort the point to where nobody has any clue what you are talking about. I rather chew tinfoil on my filling than do this dance with you and your completely lame attempt to turn this around on me. You posted I was wrong because you :Pants of Dog are the authority on this subject. Stop this nonsense and and post something. Ask the historians not me (my op on page 7 in the 20th century as a result of communism estimated 90 million deaths) I don't make up history ask the historians. Again since I'm supposedly wrong and you are the expert prove me wrong.

start with discredit these article link https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ho ... th+century
One Degree wrote:Nice post.

:eh:

Personally, if killing 6 billion individuals would save the earth for future generations, then I would support it. Our current lives should not be so important that we deny a future to others.

So you'd deny the future to 6 billion current individuals instead?

Does that mean that current lives have less value than future lives? If so, why?

(NB: I don't believe a rational answer to a rational question will fix an irrational premise, but hey...)
@Finfinder Most of the top search results refer to the Black Book of Communism, a source that is thoroughly anti-communist and has been discredited by historians in both the west and east. For example it claims that only 25 million died due to Fascism. Someone forgot about WWII
MememyselfandIJK wrote:@Finfinder Most of the top search results refer to the Black Book of Communism, a source that is thoroughly anti-communist and has been discredited by historians in both the west and east. For example it claims that only 25 million died due to Fascism. Someone forgot about WWII

Ok so no deaths due to communism? Did you check with POD on this? :D
MememyselfandIJK wrote:@Finfinder there are deaths under any system. It just happens that the deaths under communism get blamed on the state and get exaggerated.

yet you were real quick to post up a hard number of deaths due to "The Great Depression"

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, no evidence. You are probably wrong.

And if you believe something wrong like that, it is probably due to some propaganda.

:lol:
Last edited by Finfinder on 12 Jul 2017 21:13, edited 2 times in total.
anna wrote::eh:

So you'd deny the future to 6 billion current individuals instead?

Does that mean that current lives have less value than future lives? If so, why?

(NB: I don't believe a rational answer to a rational question will fix an irrational premise, but hey...)

I believe if humans have a reason for existence, then it must be in our future as a species. I prefer to believe there is some reason or at least great accomplishment in the future. Individual lives are amazingly short and therefore basically unimportant in the larger picture. If our current population levels threaten our ability to pursue the future, then we should be willing to sacrifice ourselves for it. This willingness, by itself, would greatly enhance the meaning of our short lives. As we get closer to our end, We wonder what we have accomplished. We realize our personal success was only important if it will benefit others. Humans need something larger than themselves and doing something that will benefit future generations is the best we can hope for. Obviously, I would prefer we never have to make the choice for 6 billion people to die, but if forced to make the choice between them and a future for our species, then I would have no problem deciding.
Finfinder wrote:Are you drunk. Is this your method of arguing, distort the point to where nobody has any clue what you are talking about. I rather chew tinfoil on my filling than do this dance with you and your completely lame attempt to turn this around on me. You posted I was wrong because you :Pants of Dog are the authority on this subject. Stop this nonsense and and post something. Ask the historians not me (my op on page 7 in the 20th century as a result of communism estimated 90 million deaths) I don't make up history ask the historians. Again since I'm supposedly wrong and you are the expert prove me wrong.

start with discredit these article link https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ho ... th+century

No need to get so emotional.

You made a claim.

In debate forums, such as this one, the person who makes the claim has to support the claim with evidence.

In this case, that is you.

You have not done so.

So, I am not going to believe your claim. It is that simple.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No need to get so emotional.

You made a claim.

In debate forums, such as this one, the person who makes the claim has to support the claim with evidence.

In this case, that is you.

You have not done so.

So, I am not going to believe your claim. It is that simple.

So clever of you but you need to get better bait for your trolling methods . Have you ever heard of Alvin and the Chipmunks ? Try re-reading my posts in your best chipmunk voice and then it won't hurt your snowflake feeling so terribly. I have posted links and said its not my opinion you are acting like a petulant child holding hands over his ears crying and kicking. Then again you have a good history and reputation of doing this I shouldn't be shocked.
Last edited by Finfinder on 12 Jul 2017 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Finfinder wrote:So clever of you but you need to get better bait for your trolling methods . Have you ever heard of Alvin and the Chipmunks ? Try re-reading my posts in your best chipmunk voice and then it won't hurt your snowflake feeling so terribly. I have posted links and said its not my opinion you are acting like a petulant child holding hands over his ears crying and kicking. Then again you have a good history and reputation of doing this I shouldn't be shocked.

You really suck at debating.

Where did you post a link?
@Finfinder Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and average your answers with what I find. Give me a list of communist leaders and what you think the death tolls were and ill find my sources.

Even with your estimate of 100 million, capitalism kills the same amount of people in 5 years as communism did in 100.
MememyselfandIJK wrote:@Finfinder Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and average your answers with what I find. Give me a list of communist leaders and what you think the death tolls were and ill find my sources.

Even with your estimate of 100 million, capitalism kills the same amount of people in 5 years as communism did in 100.

Last I checked we didn't have labor camps in the USA or mass killings and executions of non-combatant citizens.
Finfinder wrote:Last I checked we didn't have labor camps in the USA

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_l ... ted_States

or mass killings and executions of non-combatant citizens.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _massacres

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching

Now, do you have any evidence at all for your claim about deaths under communism? You have not provided a link to such evidence in this thread.
Pants-of-dog wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_labor_in_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _massacres

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching

Now, do you have any evidence at all for your claim about deaths under communism? You have not provided a link to such evidence in this thread.

Hello my new Canadian friend. Talk about lame debater you bring up prisoners making license plates, the KKK, and Indians wars starting in 1325. :lol: Obtuse much ?

As far as your question you are correct Zero people died from communism in the 20th century. History books and thousands of historians have it wrong and you are correct. Maybe some day this forum can be so honored to hear your corrections of history.
@Finfinder I'm giving you a chance to give me a precise value for each regime, which we can discuss. Also, there are plenty of ways to die (which are combatted under communism) besides labor camps or mass killings. Besides, According to Russian archives, less then half a million peopled died in gulags during Stalin's regime (unlike the 12 million the black book of communism claims). Furthermore, more than half of these deaths occurred between 1941-1943 when the USSR was invaded by the Nazis. Destruction of Soviet resources resulted in a spike of deaths in gulags from starvation. Its not much of a leap to say the Nazis killed more Soviets in gulags than the Soviets themselves.
Finfinder wrote:Hello my new Canadian friend. Talk about lame debater you bring up prisoners making license plates, the KKK, and Indians wars starting in 1325. :lol: Obtuse much ?

As far as your question you are correct Zero people died from communism in the 20th century. History books and thousands of historians have it wrong and you are correct. Maybe some day this forum can be so honored to hear your corrections of history.

So, no evidence.

It is safe to assume that this number is probably made up.
Finfinder wrote: Ask the historians not me (my op on page 7 in the 20th century as a result of communism estimated 90 million deaths) I don't make up history ask the historians. Again since I'm supposedly wrong and you are the expert prove me wrong.

Is it not interesting that all these people who have the Chutzpah to point the moral finger at you and call you a "hater", are trying to whitewash the most devastating genocide in human history and are admirers of the most sadistic people who killed millions and millions in the most sadistic way imaginable?

Why am I not surprised!

Let them expose themselves and show their real face!

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]