What ideology is the United States? Please vote non-Americans! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What ideology is the United States

Far left authoritarian
No votes
0%
Far left libertarian
3%
Left
No votes
0%
Center-left
No votes
0%
Center
7%
Center-right
28%
Right
45%
Far-right authoritarian/fascist
3%
Far-right libertarian
No votes
0%
Other
14%
Potemkin wrote:Indeed. What the poll is actually asking us is where we think the USA falls on the left-right political spectrum. This has little to do with ideology as such - after all, anarchists and communists have very different ideological beliefs, yet they are both classified as 'left wing'; likewise, monarchists and libertarians are both classified as 'right-wing', yet they have very different ideologies. And so on and so forth. Personally, I've never found the left-right spectrum to be useful when actually thinking about politics - it's basically just the retard's version of ideology. Once they've pinned someone onto a particular point of the left-right spectrum, like pinning the tail on the donkey, they think they 'understand' their position, whereas in fact they have simply used labelling as a substitute for thinking.

Having said that, I voted 'centre-right'. Ideologically speaking, however, America is clearly a (classical) liberal society.

QFT

I voted Other meaning - classical liberal

Whether that is left or right is a matter of subjective silliness. By the original use of this spatial metaphor the US was, and has always been since the Founder's treachery, left wing because left wing meant republicanism to Carlyle. By the use of this metaphor during the cold war the US would be right wing because right wing meant "freedom" even while it remains a self-affirming republic. Nowadays whether the US is left or right will depend on where the US falls on state subsidies for sex change operations.

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]