Do you think Assad's regime used chemical weapons? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Who used chemical weapons in syria?

The Assad regime definitely did it.
10%
The Assad regime probably did it but it could have been someone else.
20%
Its as likely to have been Assad's regime or someone else.
No votes
0%
Someone else probably did it but it could have been Assad regime.
22%
It was definitely not the Assad regime.
37%
other
12%
Settle down Godstud, liberalism is shit.

Sivad wrote:You want to pretend that the establishment isn't a lying, thieving, murdering syndicate of psychopathic bullshit artists then be prepared for jeers and sneers.

Indeed.

As predicted, mike is going through the 'just curious' routine. :lol:
I agree, Godstud. :D

mikema63 wrote:At the end of the day it doesn't matter who did or didn't do it since I'm against intervention anyway. I happen to think that someone in the regime did it and think that intervention is an exercise in pointless brutality at the same time.

And this displays how ignorant you are about this issue, since the US has been involved in "intervention" in Syria for years before the war went official in the MSM in 2011/12.

The war on Syria was a US/NATO/GCC war on Syria, never a "revolution" and the chemical weapons attack in KS was a false flag.
Skinster wrote:The war on Syria was a US/NATO/GCC war on Syria, never a "revolution" and the chemical weapons attack in KS was a false flag.
That is 100% correct. It was painted as such to conceal the Wests's complicity in the war. Funding and weapon shipments from the west fueled the Syrian "revolution"(which is nothing of the kind).
Godstud wrote:You statements are ignorant,arrogant, and completely bullshit.

Because I don't give people who are blatantly lying, thieving, and murdering the benefit of the doubt? A lot of people are too close to the culture to see it for it what it is. When we look back on British Imperialism it's obvious that the fuckers running that system were bloody vicious monsters, but you're average 19th century middle class Englishman held them all in high regard as honorable gentlemen and felt that on the whole the system was right and proper. Nobody thinks they're complicit global savagery, but through out history most middle class people have been.
The problem, Sivad, is that you seek to paint all "liberalism" as this, when that's clearly not the case. I, like you, am against Imperialism. I am a liberal, but not the SJW hipster type who have no common sense.
No, but if you generalize about a person when talking to them, you are actually making it personal, especially when you include them within that definition.
skinster wrote:The war on Syria was a US/NATO/GCC war on Syria, never a "revolution"

:lol: Really, so somehow a tiny minority of CIA /Mossad recruited psychos equipped with small arms and a smattering of few anti tank and anti aircraft missiles were able to take on one of the biggest militaries in the world equipped with large numbers of tanks, trucks, artillery, bombers, and helicopters and capture three quarters of the country despite the fact that 90% of the Syrian people loved their leader Bashar Assad.
It seems Rich thinks we think every single Islamist in Syria has a CIA handler and every single one was trained by the ghost of Dulles himself. Rich is a very smart guy so I can see why he came to that reasonable conclusion.
If you want to say that western politicians have been hypocritical moralisers, who have aided some very unsavoury people, and have happily cuddled up to extremely nasty regimes when it suited their purposes I have no dispute.

But many leftists (together with quite a few Conservatives and centrists) are saying that much, much more. That we are somehow responsible for destabilising these Muslim societies. That everything would have been lovely if we hadn't spoilt it with our interventions. This is nonsense. Iraq, Syria, Libya were all bitterly divided societies whose regimes were only maintained by the most brutal police terror. These regimes were pompous, dishonest, corrupt, inefficient. Wise or Foolish the Arab Spring was a mass popular movement of the Arab people.

Never forget that King Bashar's claim to the Syrian throne is totally based on his paternity. His father stood shoulder to shoulder with America in Desert Storm. Hafez Assad had no problem with Western intervention in 1991 as Saddam had no problem with western interventions when he was chumming it up with Donald Rumsfield. No we'll take no lectures from Baathists on western intervention.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]

A gentle tongue speaks many languages.. :lol:[…]