Is It Okay To Be Stupid - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is It Okay To Be Stupid

Yes, It is okay to be stupid
46%
No, It is not okay to be stupid
33%
Other
21%
LehmanB wrote:Education is just a method, that could actually advocate stupidity.
:eh: I'm sorry, but that's a pretty stupid statement. The whole point of education is so that you won't BE stupid.
Godstud wrote::eh: I'm sorry, but that's a pretty stupid statement. The whole point of education is so that you won't BE stupid.

Education is a tool, that can be over used and isolate you from real life. I was refering for the effort we all do against stupidity, and wanted to avoid a conversation on education specificaly.
By Drlee
Education is just a method, that could actually advocate stupidity. Definetely if you are deprived from gaming and real interactions. I am not necessarily pro over education. My argument is just that in the real sense of struggle in life we put an effort to become wiser, so we do not accept stupidity for us. Again, you shift it to another subject, is it fine for stupidity to exist in nature- sure; yet each of those who said stupidity is ok, acts the opposite in his personal life. So its not ok..

Is it possible that you are conflating education with intelligence? Then you mention wisdom as well. Those are three different things in my opinion.

I believe that "stupidity" can exist in very smart people. I also believe that not so smart people can be very wise. (By the way age is how old you are and maturity is how wise you are.)

So earlier you asked me if I would accept stupid in my daughter. IF you mean a lack of intelligence, then I would have no choice but to accept it. It can't be changed. All I could do is attempt to prepare her for life using the abilities that she has. I could put her in better learning situations and understand that some things might take her longer. But.

If by stupid you mean of average or above intelligence but behaving in an unwise way that is different. I could attempt to impart wisdom to her. I could teach her to think through issues rather than acting superficially. I could associate her with people I deem as wise and attempt to limit her exposure to people I deem unwise.

You like education for the process and I agree. My (hypothetical) daughter might benefit from exposure to a liberal arts education. Perhaps a private or parochial school might be in order if the public school is not filling her needs. I am unsure of what you mean by "over education". I am disinclined to believe in such a thing. People do not go to the store any buy education. They acquire it in a process. If a student is happily educating him/herself then this education is enhancing their life. Of course they may achieve more education than is called for by their chosen career field but that is of no concern. Knowing more is, in my opinion like having more arrows in one's quiver. You need not shoot them but they are there if you should need them.

I would like to think that I would have been an involved parent. Certainly not all parents are. More is the pity. If they were we would have a much better education system.
Drlee wrote:Is it possible that you are conflating education with intelligence? Then you mention wisdom as well. Those are three different things in my opinion.

I believe that "stupidity" can exist in very smart people. I also believe that not so smart people can be very wise. (By the way age is how old you are and maturity is how wise you are.)

So earlier you asked me if I would accept stupid in my daughter. IF you mean a lack of intelligence, then I would have no choice but to accept it. It can't be changed. All I could do is attempt to prepare her for life using the abilities that she has. I could put her in better learning situations and understand that some things might take her longer. But.

If by stupid you mean of average or above intelligence but behaving in an unwise way that is different. I could attempt to impart wisdom to her. I could teach her to think through issues rather than acting superficially. I could associate her with people I deem as wise and attempt to limit her exposure to people I deem unwise.

You like education for the process and I agree. My (hypothetical) daughter might benefit from exposure to a liberal arts education. Perhaps a private or parochial school might be in order if the public school is not filling her needs. I am unsure of what you mean by "over education". I am disinclined to believe in such a thing. People do not go to the store any buy education. They acquire it in a process. If a student is happily educating him/herself then this education is enhancing their life. Of course they may achieve more education than is called for by their chosen career field but that is of no concern. Knowing more is, in my opinion like having more arrows in one's quiver. You need not shoot them but they are there if you should need them.

I would like to think that I would have been an involved parent. Certainly not all parents are. More is the pity. If they were we would have a much better education system.

Alright, being smart, intelligent, wise, emotionaly intelligent etc- is being "smart", not stupid. Whatever you define as unstupidity, is what you struggle to acheive for yourself and your hypothetical offsprings. So you can accept it to be elsewhere, but you define it as the "negative" side of being.
I think intelligence should probably be limited to that which can be measured by I.Q. Tests, in a scientific manner. Being Intelligent and being knowledgeable (via education) are often correlated, but are not the same thing. I.Q. predisposes you to education, but is not a guarantee of it. Being smart has to do with common-sense actions that are beneficial for the survival and perpetuation of the species at a basic level. Intelligent people often do not make smart choices because they have been shown to struggle with common-sense activities and basic values that are necessary for the survival of the species. Intelligent people do tend to be more successful in our current modern society. This distinction is helpful and as I said in an earlier post, has been advanced by Satoshi Kanazawa in his book "The Intelligence Paradox."

https://www.amazon.com/Intelligence-Par ... ce+paradox

LehmanB wrote:Education is just a method, that could actually advocate stupidity.
Let me clarify- education occurs simply by 'being' present. The information environment is your education. Formal education, compulsory education, or structured education- is a program designed around classification and intellectual osmosis. The traditional classroom is not necessarily the only way people learn how to be cultured or educated people. In-fact, today's classroom is a side-effect of Gutenberg technology and bureaucratic infrastructure. There is not one method, but many. Scholasticism and monks relied on the Trivium and Quadrivium (Liberating Arts still in use today, as a solid foundation, by private schools, catholic schools, and home schools) before modern science compartmentalized the study of nature. Before scholasticism and Gutenberg, intellectual property didn't exist, and oral cultures studied life and nature... So you see, you're focusing on one method, the method you're familiar with. If it advocates stupidity, I suppose your environment must need stupidity in some fashion (Capitalism is a form of socioeconomic organization, and stupidity is profitable. Capitalist societies want people watching info-commercials, playing angry birds, gambling life saving, etc). Again, formal education is not for everyone, and compulsory education is a militant and legal form of psycho-social indoctrination.

Definetely if you are deprived from gaming and real interactions. I am not necessarily pro over education.
I don't know what you're getting at here. Again, education is environmental and the total environment is an information field.
My argument is just that in the real sense of struggle in life we put an effort to become wiser, so we do not accept stupidity for us. Again, you shift it to another subject, is it fine for stupidity to exist in nature- sure; yet each of those who said stupidity is ok, acts the opposite in his personal life. So its not ok..
This is text talk, we're exiting the age of the phonetic alphabet and moving toward telepathic systems of communication. Knowledge will not be seen as individual subjects, or compartmentalized vertical pillars of interest, knowledge will become a sphere of information/influence- The noopshere. The internet is an early technological representation of the noosphere. Sure, it uses typography, but typography used oral languages, and oral languages compressed existential experience. The internet as a hyperspace augments our environment and adds new layers of sensation and interplay. We must use systems thinking instead of signs and symptoms thinking. Case specific knowledge will be working parts of a broad-spectrum information diet. The physical environment will become an educational experience.

The feedback-loop
Lost tribes in the Amazon are in an information loop with the jungle and the jungle appears before them as the truth, the jungle is a medium channeling their energy and conscious activity, and humans abstract a meaningful message from living phenomena in order to survive.

Signals
Signal transmitted
Message received
Reaction making impact
Invisibly
Elemental telepathy
Exchange of energy
Reaction making contact
Mysteriously
Eye to I
Reaction burning hotter
Two to one
Reflection on the water
H to O
No flow without the other
Oh but how
Do they make contact
With one another?

-Rush

Also, I know genetics impact potential.
As for the political implication, the ink of scholars outweigh the blood of martyrs.
They should rename the thread ,,,,How To troll -Up A Bunch Butt Hurt Snow Flakes. At some point maybe you all will get over the election or seek help. Until then, thanks for the entertainment. :lol:
By RhetoricThug
Information diet (thoughts as a subtle form of matter), you're what you eat- psychologically, physically, spiritually, etc.

Nearly half of U.S. cancer deaths blamed on unhealthy behavior
A new look at cancer in the U.S. finds that nearly half of cancer deaths are caused by smoking, poor diet and other unhealthy behaviors.

That's less than commonly-cited estimates from more than 35 years ago, a result of new research methods and changes in American society. Smoking rates have plummeted, for example, while obesity rates have risen dramatically.

The study found that 45 percent of cancer deaths and 42 percent of diagnosed cancer cases could be attributed to what the authors call "modifiable" risk factors. These are risks that are not inherited, and mostly the result of behavior that can be changed, like exposure to sun, not eating enough fruits and vegetables, drinking alcohol and, most importantly, smoking.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nearly-hal ... -behavior/

The environment as an educational program conditions our behavioral habits. Culture as a medium reshapes societal expression. Hence why smoking can be popular one day and unpopular the next. Asking people to value education over ignorance will never solve the fundamental problem of stupidity. Stupidity is a two-fold feature, partly genetic and partly epi-genetic, stacking side-effects conditioned by our milieu. We must intelligently structure the environment to promote education. Teaching the masses how to wield their WILL would be far more difficult than modifying the WILL of the environment. As long as folks have the option of being stupid, they'll be stupid. In other words, stupidity, like cancer, is not a desirable attribute, cancer and stupidity are consequences of a total information field. In order to eliminate stupidity, we must be smarter than stupidity. We can't fix stupid, but we can incrementally breed it out of society.

Since we're bio-chemical creatures, All forms of information produce side-effects.

Attempted suicides, drug overdoses, cutting and other types of self-injury have increased substantially in U.S. girls, a 15-year study of emergency room visits found.

It’s unclear why, but some mental health experts think cyberbullying, substance abuse and economic stress from the recent recession might be contributing.

http://time.com/5035201/suicide-self-ha ... age-girls/

Can we tell suicidal people to stop being suicidal, or should we restructure/reprocess the information program that produces such suicidal tendencies? This is why systems thinking is the future (and the future is NOW). The increase in suicidal behavior is a sign/symptom or side-effect of the total information environment. We shouldn't patch individual glitches, we should debug the code inside the program. Once the noosphere overlaps/augments our physical environment, we will have access to a real-time system of awareness, a network of thought, that can be nudged and modified through a cloud of conduct.

Thank you for your time and attention.
Finfinder wrote:They should rename the thread ,,,,How To troll -Up A Bunch Butt Hurt Snow Flakes. At some point maybe you all will get over the election or seek help. Until then, thanks for the entertainment
What the fuck does that have to do with the topic... unless you are assuming we're talking about your idiotic President. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, that's you reading too much into it.! :knife:
Godstud wrote::eh: I'm sorry, but that's a pretty stupid statement. The whole point of education is so that you won't BE stupid.

LehmanB must have been referring to liberal education.

Godstud wrote:What the fuck does that have to do with the topic... unless you are assuming we're talking about your idiotic President.

That is were the liberal education comes in. Calling the President names, if he disagrees with the liberal interpretation , is part of that special liberal education.
Hindsite wrote:LehmanB must have been referring to liberal education.
:lol: There is no such thing as liberal education. Troll harder. It's a thing like cultural marxism. :knife:

Hindsite wrote:That is were the liberal education comes in. Calling the President names, if he disagrees with the liberal interpretation , is part of that special liberal education.
:lol: This being taught by Trump, not by anyone else. People don't like Trump because he's a liar. He's an egocentric braggart, and a blowhard. He demeans veterans. He calls for, and incites, violence. He talks about sexually molesting women. He's showign you all exactly what he is and some people are just too stupid to realize it.

Trump's giving everyone an education on what a piece of shit he is, but some people are incapable of being educated, and continue to support this asshole. Sad.
Godstud wrote:There is no such thing as liberal education.

I guess I should have been more specific and called it "left-wing education."

Headlines about left-wing college students engaging in radical, sometimes racially charged protests are becoming all too common.

In October 2016, students at University of California, Berkeley created a human chain in an attempt to block white students from going to class.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/10/ ... ldren.html

Godstud wrote:Trump's giving everyone an education on what a piece of shit he is, but some people are incapable of being educated, and continue to support this asshole. Sad.

How can we not support the Trump of God? Praise the Lord. HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:In October 2016, students at University of California, Berkeley created a human chain in an attempt to block white students from going to class.
:lol: That's not liberal education. This is not representative of the school's curriculum.

Hindsite wrote:How can we not support the Trump of God? Praise the Lord. HalleluYah
You could try THINKING, with the head that your God supposedly gave to you.
Godstud wrote::lol: That's not liberal education. This is not representative of the school's curriculum.

Perhaps you know it as "progressive" education.
Just because it happens AT a school doesn't mean the school promotes, it or the teachers do. Your claim is utterly without basis in reality.
Godstud wrote:Just because it happens AT a school doesn't mean the school promotes, it or the teachers do. Your claim is utterly without basis in reality.

It happens, so that is reality. HalleluYah
No, 1 hour a week of sunday school is fucking shit education that teaches you nothing important. You even putting any value to it shows how out of touch with reality you truly are.

How to be stupid? Think Sunday school is proper education.
Godstud wrote:No, 1 hour a week of sunday school is fucking shit education that teaches you nothing important. You even putting any value to it shows how out of touch with reality you truly are.

How to be stupid? Think Sunday school is proper education.

Well it taught me that Darwin's theory of evolution is mostly bullshit and not science. HalleluYah
So you UN-learned science, in favour of religious dogma. Got it.

So far, your religion is only showing us how to become stupid.
Godstud wrote:So you UN-learned science, in favour of religious dogma. Got it.

So far, your religion is only showing us how to become stupid.

I learned science, like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. I also learned the scientific method, which evolutionists ignore when they speculate on the age of things in the past in order to make their crazy evolution theory believable to the gullible.

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]

That is interesting why do you think that is? It[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You already have enough problems with reality. :[…]

Should schools have books on phrenology, astrolog[…]