Is It Okay To Be Stupid - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is It Okay To Be Stupid

Yes, It is okay to be stupid
46%
No, It is not okay to be stupid
33%
Other
21%
In light of the petty wave of stupidity surrounding PoFo's opinion poll, "Its Okay To Be White." I am curious, is it okay to be stupid? It seems that this idea is controversial and that seems concerning.
It's not just okay to be stupid in the Trump-Brexit Era, it's actually desirable. The more things you're stupid about the trendier you are. You have to go full retard on issues such as immigration, refugees, Muslims, globalisation, the EU, race, feminism & women, and the ESTABLISHMENT (the Clintons especially) to comply with the zeitgeist. Political stupidity means to be a challenge to political correctness, PS vs PC, by the way.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:define "stupid."

@Beren did. lol. It was a weird definition and a self-serving one given his agenda.

Basically "stupid" is whatever doesn't serve Beren's agenda.
@SolarCross,

I agree with evolutionary anthropologist Satoshi Kanazawa's distinction between intelligence (as defined by I.Q. tests) and smartness (aptitude for survival both personal and for the species), which are often contrary, and tend to view those who are stupid as those who lack both.

Interestingly enough, the left is more often intelligent and the right is more often smart, the leftists thrive in our current modern society which would have been alien to our ancestors, but if their personal habits were followed it would likely lead to the extinction of our species; whereas, right-winger types struggle more to prosper in our current era, but would likely survive cataclysmic scenarios......

AS my old man would say, "you don't have to be a rocket scientist (or in the case an evolutionary anthropologist) to know that."

Though I value intelligence and learning (the two are not the same btw), in the end, I treasure my common-sense (smartness) far more, for at the end of the day, I wouldn't have been able to do what I have done in my short life without it.
By Beren
SolarCross wrote:@Beren did. lol. It was a weird definition and a self-serving one given his agenda.

Basically "stupid" is whatever doesn't serve Beren's agenda.

Stupidity is just one of the few things that don't serve my agenda, it may be the most significant one though. I didn't define it anyways, I just found out it must be one of the strongest driving forces causing tectonic movements in contemporary world politics. I really tried to find another way to understand the zeitgeist but failed. :hmm:
By Rich
Beren wrote:You have to go full retard on issues such as immigration, refugees, Muslims,

Immigration means more people same amount of land. Immigration makes a people poorer, a lot of immigration makes people a lot poorer. What about this do lefties find so hard to understand? As well as rocketing housing costs, immigration strains already over stretched infrastructure, consumes scarce resources like water and adds to pollution. Of course immigration doesn't cause problems for privileged, patronising progressives like Mark Zuckerberg in their gated communities. Soaring land prices only make them richer.

As to flooding your country with millions of Muslims. I'll leave it up to others to answer. See if they can imagine some reasons why that might not be a good idea.
@Rich

No, Rich, it isn't and I am not going to crack out Economics 101 to explain what immigration is.

Yes because Muslims certainly aren't just some poor human beings capable of human emotions and the ability to sympathize and understand others. No, all Muslims are robots created by Rome to stop the spread of Christianity because the Anti-Christ of the Illuminati was going to destroy them all through the powers of aliens who created the pyramids and who were also Aryans who created all civilization until it was stolen by the inferior communist races who were also Muslim because they were.
By Beren
Rich wrote:Immigration means more people same amount of land. Immigration makes a people poorer, a lot of immigration makes people a lot poorer. What about this do lefties find so hard to understand? As well as rocketing housing costs, immigration strains already over stretched infrastructure, consumes scarce resources like water and adds to pollution. Of course immigration doesn't cause problems for privileged, patronising progressives like Mark Zuckerberg in their gated communities. Soaring land prices only make them richer.

As to flooding your country with millions of Muslims. I'll leave it up to others to answer. See if they can imagine some reasons why that might not be a good idea.

Would you go full retard on the rest too, please? I want to understand the zeitgeist completely. :excited:
Some people aren’t that bright. They can’t help it. So of course it is ok.

But what we are really talking about is that those who disagree with our beliefs must be stupid. How about a new poll: ‘ Is it OK to be arrogant?’.
By Beren
foxdemon wrote:But what we are really talking about is that those who disagree with our beliefs must be stupid. How about a new poll: ‘ Is it OK to be arrogant?’.

No, that's not what we're talking about here, what we're talking about here is that being stupid is trendy. Also, if you go full retard it's trendier to do it arrogantly and claiming intellectual superiority.
Beren wrote:..... Also, if you go full retard it's trendier to do it arrogantly and claiming intellectual superiority.

That, and a huge inherited fortune, will get you the Presidency.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:define "stupid."

Actually, I believe this is a legitimate question to ask. We humans are very intelligent creatures. Most can think, communicate, calculate, write, draw etc. We all excel at something. Perhaps not everyone is highly educated or perform well at school, but I will always show you something that anyone can perform well at. Maybe it's mechanics, decorating, cleaning or operating - whatever it is, perhaps the people we deem stupid are in fact better than educated people at the skills we assume are basic.

I suppose my point is this. We are all both stupid and intelligent. We all will do things that are stupid when we should know better. It might be that we carry more than we should and end up dropping everything, take unnecessary risks to save time, take advice that we know is wrong, not listen when we should, lie to cover up a mistake, stick a knife in to get a slice of toast out of a live toaster etc etc. Whatever it is, we will all be stupid at some point in the future and have been stupid in the past. And being stupid is not ok. It causes mistakes. But it is unfortunately something that we humans are prone to do from time to time. Brexit and Trump are actually two very good examples of stupidity actually. I think most people acknowledge that there will be no overall benefits from either, but the voters of both are justifying their actions to send a message to the world about a grievance they have. That in itself isn't stupid, but when if effects your living standards and the money in your pocket, perhaps that minor grievance you had might not seem so bad after all, but you are no longer in a position to do something about it. And that is stupid.
Beren wrote:Trump's just playing full retard to make full retards vote for him.

I used to think this. Trump-of-Olden-Times was much more sane, coherent, and articulate. Fast-forward thirty years and we have someone with a notoriously short attention span, childish behavior, apparent senility, prone to being easily (emotionally) manipulated by anyone around him, and even worse crippling narcissism than ever before. He does understand show business, so I can't help but still believe some of his behavior, exaggerated as it is, is the result of him purposefully playing into his role as a dramatic showman. However, his stupidity, narcissism, and adolescent behavior seems truly genuine.

What's interesting is reading an article by the man who wrote Trump's book, The Art of the Deal, where he discusses how much of Trump's personality and behavior, as vapid, soulless, and utterly devoid of any depth it seems to be is, in fact, not part of the show.
We all have a bit of stupid in us. We do not know everything there is to know in life.

If by stupid you mean ignorant, intentionally remaining stupid about something in our life...then that is not okay.
Bulaba Jones wrote:I used to think this. Trump-of-Olden-Times was much more sane, coherent, and articulate. Fast-forward thirty years and we have someone with a notoriously short attention span, childish behavior, apparent senility, prone to being easily (emotionally) manipulated by anyone around him, and even worse crippling narcissism than ever before.

Yes, Trump is definitely unfit for office, but the full retard thing is still just an act. He's not really pushing for the wall, Dreamers won't be deported, there is no trade war with China, and despite all the tough rhetoric he's not about to start a potentially nuclear war on the Korean Peninsula actually. The only full retard thing he's done so far was the travel ban perhaps.
Beren wrote:Yes, Trump is definitely unfit for office, but the full retard thing is still just an act. He's not really pushing for the wall, Dreamers won't be deported, there is no trade war with China, and despite all the tough rhetoric he's not about to start a potentially nuclear war on the Korean Peninsula actually. The only full retard thing he's done so far was the travel ban perhaps.

The so-called travel ban was Trump being patriotic. He was attempting to keep American citizens safe from Islamic terrorists. Praise the Lord.
By Beren
Hindsite wrote:The so-called travel ban was Trump being patriotic.

Patriotism is what the full retard mode is always supposed to suggest. Anytime we see someone go full retard we can be sure we have a true patriot representing/serving/protecting the people. If someone never goes full retard, then the opposite is true and he must be a traitor to his people, or race, or class, or all.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]