Is the United States a White Supremacist Nation? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is the United States a White Supremacist Nation?

Yes
38%
No
40%
Other
21%
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you need evidence that Trump said racist things and that racist people voted for him and that he won the election, then I will assume you are either extremely ignorant or trolling.

You made the claim, so support it. Otherwise, I will dismiss it as propaganda.
Feel free.

It is well known that Trump used racism effectively in his populist campaign. And since it is only one of many points as to why the US is founded on, and benefits from, white supremacy, I do not care if one person on a forum ignores it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is well known that Trump used racism effectively in his populist campaign. And since it is only one of many points as to why the US is founded on, and benefits from, white supremacy, I do not care if one person on a forum ignores it.

This claim is dismissed as it lacks evidence or support. Thanks.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure.

This has no impact on my claim that the US was founded on white supremacy and benefits from this white supremacy.

Sure. But that claim has no bearing as to whether the United States is currently a white supremacist nation. As was demonstrated, distantly benefiting from a white supremacist in the past does not make you one presently.

That is a non-sequitur.

Likewise, under that criteria, every European nation would have to be white supremacist. Every. Single. One. Because they all have a white supremacist past and all have at least one racist or white supremacist in their nations.
Last edited by Victoribus Spolia on 01 Mar 2018 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Sure. But that claim has no bearing as to whether the United States is currently a white supremacist nation. As was demonstrated, distantly benefiting from a white supremacist in the past does not make you one presently.

That is a non-sequitur.

Likewise, under that criteria, every European nation would have to be white supremacist. Every. Single. One. Because they all have a white supremacist past and all hate at least one racist or white supremacist in their nations.

This shows the utter intellectual nullity of the Liberals in this day and age; J.S. Mill they are not. I exclude the Old Left, the Authoritarian Left from this critique, as dividing people by mutually distrusting racial groups is a hallmark of the ruling elites and this was pointed out in the past.

As I said before, if people were living in a White Supremacist Nation, they'd know it and there would be no need to ask... And you wouldn't have wealthy Non-Whites like Oprah Winfrey around the mansion, unless it was as a maid or cook, as an example.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Sure. But that claim has no bearing as to whether the United States is currently a white supremacist nation. As was demonstrated, distantly benefiting from a white supremacist in the past does not make you one presently.

That is a non-sequitur.

Likewise, under that criteria, every European nation would have to be white supremacist. Every. Single. One. Because they all have a white supremacist past and all have at least one racist or white supremacist in their nations.

It is not distant. In living memory, blacks were excluded from museums and restaurants. Today, police still shoot blacks with impunity, indigenous people are still dispossessed of their land, Hispanic labourers are still marginlaised and oppressed, and the POTUS is trying to ban Muslims.

It seems odd to argue that white supremacy is part of some distant past.

And yes, if this makes the US white supremacist (which I have not claimed but you still bring up in your replies to me for some reason), then this would also make most, perhaps all, European nations white supremacist. This does not contradict anything I have claimed.
The USA is a classic neoliberal/liberal pro banker and capitalist crapola nation. End of story.

Hee hee.

If Trump steps on the neoliberal/liberal banker class toes too often or too much or pisses off the liberal media pro stock market too much? His ass is grass politically too.

End of analysis. :D
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is not distant. In living memory, blacks were excluded from museums and restaurants. Today, police still shoot blacks with impunity, indigenous people are still dispossessed of their land, Hispanic labourers are still marginlaised and oppressed, and the POTUS is trying to ban Muslims.

It seems odd to argue that white supremacy is part of some distant past.

And yes, if this makes the US white supremacist (which I have not claimed but you still bring up in your replies to me for some reason), then this would also make most, perhaps all, European nations white supremacist. This does not contradict anything I have claimed.

Pants, why even have to explain the obvious? The posters whom you are trying to discuss this with don't care about any of that history. Noemon Edit: Rule 2 They only look after their own ethnic group's privileges. Why waste time explaining the history to them? Noemon Edit: Rule 2 They don't care about black pasts and slavery. In fact, they believe in their Noemon Edit: Rule 2 brains that is the natural state of African descent folks. If they really believe that black people are inferior? No logic about any kind of reality will penetrate. it is futile.

You can't expect that from people with that low of a level of social consciousness. It is an exercise in futility. They see not humans. They see either animals or social and economic inferiors. Totally distorted. That black person is not really human. That is where it stems from. It is freaky. But that is who they are.

Son unos cerrados permanentes. El racismo es para gente con problemas serios emocionales y mentales.

They are permanently closed. Racism is for people with serious emotional and mental problems. ;)
Last edited by noemon on 01 Mar 2018 21:25, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2 Violation: User warned
The nation is the result of a continent wide genocide where the native people were replaced by whites who then imported a slave race to build their wealth with. How could a nation be more of a white supremacist nation than the US? It's hard to image.
When I first saw this poll I thought no, but it is in danger at the moment of moving in that direction. The US obviously has a lot of people who work very hard against such things.

I have also been wondering if you are moving towards fascism and have seen that, from my reading I am not an American, as probably being more something coming from the Christian Right with the alt right and obvious white nationalists being the more obvious but not having the structures in place which the Christian Right does - particularly being in Government and has got itself well integrated into the justice system - even has its own private army. However I came upon this tonight at The Intercept

Intercepted Podcast: White Supremacy and the Church of the Second Amendment

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/28/int ... amendment/

and having listened to it all and only falling asleep occasionally, I believe you are without question a White Supremacist State and always have been. Of course you had your civil rights period in the 60's but even soon after that we were hearing in the UK that you had quite a lot of opposition to this which we did not have.

They relate your White Nationalism to the 2nd Amendment and to the NRA which they argue has been taken over from just being a hobbiest club to itself being White Nationalist. The point of American's having guns they say is so that you can kill Indians and Blacks and anyone else who is not white. That is how you were born and created and is how you have lived your entire life - either at home or fighting others abroad. They believe Trump has just allowed people to let loose with what they always felt/thought anyway...though I would say this has been going on longer than Trump. I think it started about ten years or so ago - from noticing people on forums. Began with just philosophical comments on PC and has moved bit by bit so that people feel no embarrassment in showing themselves to be just that, white Supremacists. They argue that you use your Constitution as your White Nationalist Charter....and I just see the almighty change though of course the people who genuinely did not agree with racism continue not to - it was not PC for them.

In the US you of course also have the reality that 'whites' will soon not be the majority. People have done studies on what attracts people to authoritarian regimes trying to work out how Hitler made it. I'm trying to remember what it was, a period of crises I think where the sort of things one could take for granted like for a White working class American the ability to have a job and an increasingly good standard of living are gone. Add to that the complete exaggeration you make of terrorism fears and that along with having an authoritarian personality to begin with makes one likely to be attracted to authoritarian people.

I think it is all there in the States now and you have been trying to export it to Europe now for a couple of decades with some success - but yes it is White Supremacy or White Nationalism and I see it more and more on forums. Ah the final thing....they also mention the reality that people frequently fail to notice that that is what they are. So you have the minority White Nationalism of the alt right and Stormfont people and other people sort of go along with them becoming that without actually being aware of it.

Your constitution did not give the same rights to non white people and up till '65 you use to try and have white immigrants and are people not screaming about that now.

We are reacting to the recession and other problems like refugees since 2008 in exactly the same way as they did in the 30's - I definitely see it as a possibility in the not too distant future though I also know many American's are aware of this possibility and doing everything they can to make sure it is not so.

The Intercept piece is well worth a listen/read.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/28/int ... amendment/
Pants-of-dog wrote:The US owes its entire land base to genocide of indigenous people.

Untrue. Indigenous people still exit in the U.S.A.

Pants-of-dog wrote:A high proportion of its infrastructure was built by black slaves, oppessed Chinese workers, and marginalised Hispanic labourers.

Another false statement. Blacks picking cotton in the south is not building infrastructure. The Chinese and Hispanics may have been employed as laborers by those that did build the infrastructure in the U.S.A.

Pants-of-dog wrote:There are still large and widespread elements of racism in US culture as shown by Trump’s ability to turn his racist comments into votes.

It is not Trump's fault that we still have racism. But Trump reached out to the Blacks to get votes.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/19/politics ... index.html

Pants-of-dog wrote:Lynchings and other forms of state violence against blacks have existed in US history and still exist to this day.

There are no lynchings or other forms of state violence against law abiding blacks today.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, it would be correct to say that the US has elements which are either white supremacist or supportive of white supremacism. Whether or not this makes the US white supremacist is a matter of debate.

There may be a few groups that exhibit some form of white supremacists against the black power groups, but the great majority of the U.S.A. is not supportive of white supremacists and the government is definitely not supportive of white supremacist.
Hindsite wrote:

There are no lynchings or other forms of state violence against law abiding blacks today.

You are condoning extra judicial killing of blacks provided someone suggests they were not law abiding.

Hindsite wrote:

There may be a few groups that exhibit some form of white supremacists against the black power groups, but the great majority of the U.S.A. is not supportive of white supremacists and the government is definitely not supportive of white supremacist.

The US is currently at its most racist since before the civil rights movement though this has been repackage in a way which presents them as being the victim and I would agree that most of the new racists would deny that that is what they are. Many appear to be genuinely unaware.

The US is most likely to bring fascism in through the Christian Right who share most of the views of white nationalists/ alt right. Old White Nationalists still have Jews as the number one hate. New alt right which comes in many shades has people who usually support Israel to various degrees. Most of them are antisemetic but they do support Israel given that it too believes in ethnic nationalism. Yesterday I was noting an Old White Nationalist on another forum trying to get new white nationalists, who deny that is what they are, to admit Jews in Palestine are just as bad because according to him Israel is doing to the Palestinians what blacks are doing to whites in South Africa.

Infiltration by white nationalists into ordinary society, forum boards and so on has been going on for some time now as they try to make the most of the current vulnerability of some American white working class to get them on side.
Last edited by alethea on 06 Mar 2018 08:14, edited 2 times in total.
Hindsite wrote:Untrue. Indigenous people still exit in the U.S.A.
:roll: The Holocaust was a genocide, and yet Jews still exist. I don't think you know the meaning of the word.

Genocide
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

I hope that helps.
Godstud wrote::roll: The Holocaust was a genocide, and yet Jews still exist. I don't think you know the meaning of the word.

Genocide
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

I hope that helps.

According to that definition, the American Civil War would be genocide. Here is the correct definition:

genocide

noun
1. the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/genocide

Notice the word "extermination" and look it up in a real dictionary.

verb (used with object), exterminated, exterminating.

1. to get rid of by destroying; destroy totally; extirpate

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/extermination?s=t
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]