Hunters, Poachers, or Thrill Killers ? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How would you classify these guys ?

Legitimate Hunters ( Good Citizen)
No votes
0%
Unlicensed Poachers (Meat and Sport)
No votes
0%
Thrill Killers (Blood sport)
29%
Psychos (Mental Aberration)
29%
Other (Don't know, Don't care)
43%
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/18/more-than-hundred-charges-filed-against-alleged-poachers-in-demented-social-club.html?cmpid=prn_msn

More than a hundred charges filed against alleged poachers in 'demented social club'
By Benjamin Brown | Fox News

Authorities in Oregon this week announced charges against 11 people accused of participating in a 'kind of demented social club' that would kill animals "for the thrill."

The alleged poachers were hit with more than more than 100 misdemeanor charges on Tuesday by the Wasco County District Attorney’s office, The Seattle Times reported.

The investigation was launched in November 2016. Authorities were investigating why deer were being found without heads. (see the URL for full story)

I'm interested in what you think of these guys. How would you feel about living next door to one of them? Are they dangerous ?

Zam 8)
I'm from another part of Oregon, and this sort of thing is pretty common. On the one hand, you have people who are somewhat lowlifes who think they are hunters but are really poachers. On the other hand, you have the rangers and fish and games officers who get really pissed about this sort of thing and enforce strict penalties and sensationalize the events. But actually its necessary to enforce the law strictly because the rate of apprehension is fairly low, so they need to put the screws to people when they are caught to have an effect.

This is just ammosexuals being ammosexuals. I don't see it as anything extraordinary. But I don't really like it when the woods are crowded with these sorts. It is discomforting.
There a lot that is unclear about this story. Were these people unlicensed? Did they hunt animals who are open to be hunted on?

I'm personally of an opinion that hunting without purpose is not hunting. If you are not killing an animal for meat, fur or some sort of use then you are just killing it for the sake of killing, this should be prohibited by law.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls General Election Summary 2022 Date[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]