Will The Democrats Win The Mid-Terms? A Poll. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How Will The Democrats Do This Midterm Season?

1. There Will Be A Blue Wave: Democrats Will Take The House and Senate.
9%
2. There Will Be A Red Wall: Republicans Will Retain The House and Senate.
32%
3. The Democrats Will Take The House, But Not The Senate.
45%
4. Other (Not Sure, Don't Care, Etc).
14%
Decky wrote:In political terms with was 8 more years of Bush style republican government. It's charming how Americans think their parties are meaningfully different. The would have a stroke if they had to move to somewhere like continental Europe and looked at the choice of parties there. :lol:
Oh I know . I actually learned of the range of political views represented by political parties in other countries which have more than just two or three major parties , in a high school political elective coarse . For instance , I was shown pictures of Communists marching in a rally , such as for just some examples these Italians Image , and these French Image . They might not be relatively all that numerous , but I imagine that if American tourists were to unexpectedly encounter them , they would be taken back . :lol: Not only are Communists allowed to march in rallies , but also people are permitted to vote for Communist candidates . Even in as far away as Japan this is true . https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/red-star-rising-with-global-capitalism-on-ropes-communism-gains-in-japan , https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3218944/Japans-young-turn-to-Communist-Party-as-they-decide-capitalism-has-let-them-down.html . It will remain to be seen if this red wave abroad might translate into a blue wave here in the United States . ( The final sentence was simply to tie this post to the original topic )
There Will Be A Blue Wave: Democrats Will Take The House and Senate.

Trump admin has created a vast silent majority of independents and democrats voters favoring democrats. The polls believed Moore would win, they were wrong. The polls believe Hillary would win they were wrong. The polls believe alot of safe republican places would still be republican, they were wrong. The one thing trump did good is that he's so separated from the republican establishment. It means the voters have the conscience to separate trump from the republican politicians.
Libertarian353 wrote:@Decky

You know what, why not visit a republican state and a democratic state and then really truly see if that's accurate in domestic.

I have no idea what that means.
Red_Army wrote:The Dems would win big if they weren't soulless cowards who pander to moron racists instead of fighting for real policy. They are soulless cowards however, so I think they'll barely survive.

You think they're aren't aware of this. They just don't care, that's worse than republicans. They refuse to play hardball when the people want them to do it. Worse thing is, there's no getting out of it. Majority of voters aren't aware of third party and won't vote third party cause it's a wasted vote. But even with all that, the republicans are that stupidity evil, that the dems might, MIGHT win both house and senate.
Liberals are a bunch of spineless pussies with no real agenda. They don't want to commit to the ideals of their base (universal healthcare, abolishing ICE, etc) but they still need to present some sort of opposition to Trump so they just endlessly bitch about Russia and how Trump says mean things. They refuse to become a legitimate opposition after failing spectacularly in 2016 and ridiculously imagine that they can appeal to the yokel morons who voted for Trump instead of the 30% of the electorate who didn't vote. I can't wait for 2020 when they find a new Clinton (or perhaps even her again) to bore the fuck out of America with restrained politeness in opposition to Trump.
Red_Army wrote:The Democratic party has actively sabotaged burgeoning 3rd party competition whenever it rears its head. Its not impossible, but its not easy when both parties have a vested interest in the two-party system.

The biggest problem is that they're not one coherent block, they're fragmented and impossible to target as a whole, and most of them or at least half of them wouldn't even care to vote anyway.
I can tell you that campaigning with Hillary "Charisma Drain" Clinton on a platform of "Putin is bad" is not going to beat Trump. If the Democrats adopted really leftist politics they could at least have some new excited voters. At this stage they will only get people who have been rabidly following Russiagate on facebook.
Red_Army wrote:I can tell you that campaigning with Hillary "Charisma Drain" Clinton on a platform of "Putin is bad" is not going to beat Trump. If the Democrats adopted really leftist politics they could at least have some new excited voters. At this stage they will only get people who have been rabidly following Russiagate on facebook.

It's up to the people if they support leftist politics.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won in New York. Now her allies are taking on the Midwest.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I think this analysis is all correct and I think there is a big chance that the two-party system will evaporate into a fractured system of several serious parties more like you see in Europe.

Unlikely to happen given the electoral system (FPTP) and the amounts of money involved in national politics.

European countries have mostly proportional representation. France doesn't, but it has a two-round system, government-financed campaigns and strict media laws (equal airtime etc.).
Reichstraten wrote:@Victoribus Spolia,
What do you think about this?
Social Democracy Comes to America

Excellent, one of the best articles I've read in a long time and it is definitely true. Indeed, a realignment would look eerily similar to the one I gave for a new "four party" system; however, if the Democrat party does not fracture, that would essentially mean that the Democratic party IS the social democrat compromise this author suggests, of course, none of this discussion of Europe have discussed what a Tory-Whig unified front would look like, which is basically what the Republican party is right now; however, like I said, if things were to fracture, we would basically have all four "European style parties" in the U.S.

Great Read.

Thanks.
Reichstraten wrote:What do you think about this?
Social Democracy Comes to America

What an idiotic article.

There are hardly any politically illiberal (i.e. anti-democratic) parties in Europe, let alone parties that want to reinstate the "feudal order" :lol:. There are economically illiberal parties (usually the left) and socially illiberal parties (usually the the right). To various degrees.
Rugoz wrote:What an idiotic article.

There are hardly any politically illiberal (i.e. anti-democratic) parties in Europe, let alone parties that want to reinstate the "feudal order" :lol:. There are economically illiberal parties (usually the left) and socially illiberal parties (usually the the right). To various degrees.

Well, it said the ´Historical Political Landscape in Europe´.
Things have changed a bit, that´s true, but some radical populists are now filling the void on the right.
Reichstraten wrote:Well, it said the ´Historical Political Landscape in Europe´.

No it doesn't, it talks about the current political landscape in Western Europe. Read the text.

Reichstraten wrote:Things have changed a bit, that´s true, but some radical populists are now filling the void on the right.

Most populists in Western Europe want to extend political rights, not reduce them. No doubt this is largely driven by self-interest, since they often find themselves in the opposition.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]