How Many Genders Are There? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

How Many Genders Are There?

One
No votes
0%
Two
63%
Three
5%
Between four and ten
No votes
0%
Between eleven and twenty
2%
Twenty one or more
2%
Other
27%
Pants-of-dog wrote:1. I do not know. Nor do I see it as important.

It is important regarding your position that its not biological. If its psychological and involuntary it may be a neurosis, if it is biological and involuntary, then that brings into question the relation of gender and sex all over again. So it is important regarding the study and ramifications of the topic.

Pants-of-dog wrote:2. It would depend on cultural factors.

Please elaborate.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:It is important regarding your position that its not biological.

Didn't you write a thread on gender once? Didn't you address that sex and gender are different? And now you ask for clarity?

The difference is the state of being male and female compared to biologically being male and female. Subtle difference but that is the reason why one is subjective and the other isn't.
Last edited by B0ycey on 17 Aug 2018 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:It is important regarding your position that its not biological. If its psychological and involuntary it may be a neurosis, if it is biological and involuntary, then that brings into question the relation of gender and sex all over again. So it is important regarding the study and ramifications of the topic.

Feel free to pick an argument and support it.

Please note that I said gender roles and gender constructs are cultural. I did not say that gender identity is solely cultural.

Please elaborate.

It would depend on the culture’s history and current material conditions as to whether or not the two types of discrimination are equally problematic.
Two, everything else is just middle class people who have never had jobs fucking around for a laugh.

Also with regards to right wing pofoers taking something only done by a few middle class idiots in London and ludicrously pretending it is somehow representative of the left in general:

:roll:
One must have a dick to be a male.

One need not have one to be a dick.

Same with pussies.
SolarCross wrote:What about eunuchs?

Never heard of a female eunuch.

eu·nuch
ˈyo͞onək/Submit
noun
plural noun: eunuchs
a man who has been castrated, especially (in the past) one employed to guard the women's living areas at an oriental court.
MistyTiger wrote:Never heard of a female eunuch.

I guess that depends whether or not the castrated man identified as female, lol.

What I mean is to ask, should a castrated man, a eunuch, be considered a different gender to that of a man who still has his nuts?
SolarCross wrote:I guess that depends whether or not the castrated man identified as female, lol.

What I mean is to ask, should a castrated man, a eunuch, be considered a different gender to that of a man who still has his nuts?

Ter wrote:There are two genders.
The presence or absence of a penis determines who is what.

According to Ter, yes. The eunuch should be considered a woman according to his argument.
Pants-of-dog wrote:According to Ter, yes. The eunuch should be considered a woman according to his argument.

Of course not !
Genders are assigned immediately after birth.
(one minute after the baby can no longer be killed, even in Canada)
With penis = boy
Without penis = girl

According to this reasoning (the only method with merit), the eunuch is male (non-performing).

Next case please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So your initial criteria was incorrect, or at least, not complete. Other than the obvious error of confusing sex and gender, of course.

I suppose a lot depends on when the eunuch was made. As I understand it if the castration event happens before puberty normal testosterone driven male development is quite muted resulting in a quite androgynous looking to boyish looking adult. If the castration event happens after puberty then the eunuch won't look any different to a regular male until you check inside his underpants. We'd still use the male pronoun for a eunuch anyway.

I think @Ter is basically right then, a eunuch is a sub-type of male rather than a new type.
Things were so much simpler when there was just, Adam & Eve.

Then, along came , Adam & Steve.
"Oh what a tangled web they weave, those who set out to deceive".

Follow this Link to Brighton( Blatchington Mill School-2016),East Sussex, where some 23 questions defining 'gender identity' were targeted at 'innocent'(presumed-by the state to be so, according to their ages-until they were 'educated' that is, as young scholars)
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14236195 ... ir_gender/

See, 13. How do define your gender?

If you wonder why young people do not reproduce by following a natural lifestyle without having their minds polluted by Liberal political propaganda designed to supplant the indigenous populations of most European countries, then, this must give some food for thought.
^Right wing politics are so wrapped up in a million crippling fears that they can't even talk about a specific paranoia without bringing up 2 or three of their other bugbears.

I can't believe you only brought up mass immigration and not Islamic extremism in this thread about genders.
^Right wing politics are so wrapped up in a million crippling fears that they can't even talk about a specific paranoia without bringing up 2 or three of their other bugbears.

I can't believe you only brought up mass immigration and not Islamic extremism in this thread about genders.
SolarCross wrote:I suppose a lot depends on when the eunuch was made. As I understand it if the castration event happens before puberty normal testosterone driven male development is quite muted resulting in a quite androgynous looking to boyish looking adult. If the castration event happens after puberty then the eunuch won't look any different to a regular male until you check inside his underpants. We'd still use the male pronoun for a eunuch anyway.

I think @Ter is basically right then, a eunuch is a sub-type of male rather than a new type.

So you are arguing that Ter forgot to mention hormones as one of the criteria for determining biological sex.

@Rich Not for the dead.

"The United States last week secretly shipped[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]