Are You an Individual? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Are You an Individual?

1. Yes I am an individual
38%
2. No I am not an individual
15%
3. Sometimes I am an individual
23%
4. Other
23%
By SolarCross
Are you an individual?

Definition: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/individual

1a : a particular being or thing as distinguished from a class, species, or collection: such as

(1) : a single human being as contrasted with a social group or institution a teacher who works with individuals

(2) : a single organism as distinguished from a group

b : a particular person are you the individual I spoke with on the telephone?

Discuss.
Beren wrote:How about retarded questions now, @SolarCross? :lol:

It is as good a thing to talk about as anything. If you have something better to do then good for you, see you later.
Other: Cosmologically, I'm not an individual. Biochemically/genetically, my individuality is a permutation of everything else. Culturally, I abstract my identity from social constructs and assume a role in civilization.

"Individuality is only possible if it unfolds from wholeness."

We're vibratory formations passing through everything else. A complex community of gut flora exist within you, is a micro-organism an individual? See, it's relative to where you are in the motion of everything. Being present is an information bias. Being an individual is an interpretation of the present information.
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 24 Sep 2018 16:42, edited 2 times in total.
By Beren
SolarCross wrote:It is as good a thing to talk about as anything. If you have something better to do then good for you, see you later.

I'm sure many will join and it will be a meaningful discussion. I was referring to your legendary disdain for retarded questions. ;)
Fuck.... Existential crisis just hit me like a flying brick wall falling as debris during superhero battles.. This question is too deep.
Beren wrote:I'm sure many will join and it will be a meaningful discussion. I was referring to your legendary disdain for retarded questions. ;)

It's a simple question but it has deep potential.
SolarCross wrote:It's a simple question but it has deep potential.
It's called nuance, and existential context. You are an individual and you're not an individual. That which is deep is simultaneously shallow, it's a matter of perspective.
SolarCross wrote:Are you bankrupt yet? ;)
Perhaps spiritually, he's bankrupt.
SolarCross wrote:Are you bankrupt yet? ;)

I never got this bankrupt thing. Do you think people need income only if they're bankrupt?

@RhetoricThug wrote:Perhaps spiritually, he's bankrupt.

If this is you, then you must be bankrupt mentally, which your posts also suggest.
Beren wrote:If this is you, then you must be bankrupt mentally, which your posts also suggest.
Be sure to LIKE subscribe and don't forget to click that bell! ;)

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]