Globalist vs Nationalist, which are you? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Globalist vs Nationalist, which are you?

1. I am a Globalist
24%
2. I am a Nationalist
32%
3. Undecided
No votes
0%
4. Other
43%
I hear people talk about globalists but who are they and what is their agenda? Who speaks for them? Are you for or against? The pivotal issue that seems to set globalists in contradiction to common garden variety nationalists is border control as seen in Europe but also in the US. What about the far east do they have globalists too?
----
I think AnCaps transcend this distinction, under certain conditions I would be supportive of unmitigated free-trade and open borders into any region on earth. This is a goal under my position as private property owners should have the sole discretion and right to invite or prohibit any person or product they so choose.

I oppose immigration right now because I do not have the right to discriminate in my business dealings and I am forced by the state to pay taxes which are allocated to a welfare state, if both of these were abolished (the welfare state and anti-discrimination laws) I would likely have little problem with open borders.

Likewise, regarding free-trade, Regulations already impact what I am permitted to purchase and the price of domestic goods; if we had zero state imposed regulations (environmental or otherwise) or restrictions of what we may purchase from abroad, I would support international free-trade without question, as I should be the one (as a property owner) who decides what to buy and from where. Simple as that.

In spite of my views on maintaining my heritage, traditions, faith, and ethnic community, given the above considerations, I selected "Other."

I support nationalist regimes at present for purely pragmatic reasons and because they are no so statists as the current globalists who are progressive statists that seek to use globalism as a means of crushing the values I do hold to.

This is the mistake of minarchist conservatives in the U.S. (tea party types); who oppose Trump on the grounds that anti-immigration laws and tariffs are inconsistent with libertarian views of capitalism; they are only technically correct, for so long as progressives aim to use immigration and free-trade to destroy conservatism, the right-libertarians in congress would be foolish to support such policies, as they are being use against them by a weaponized super-state.

None of these policies we are discussing exist in a vacuum and must be considered in their context and under what conditions they are made.
Rugoz wrote:It's a false dichotomy. National sovereignty cannot exist in the absence of a global order, unless you are a superpower.

Nationalists are not necessarily opposed to international collaboration and globalists are not necessarily for order. Order is the product of control but globalists oppose border control which is a pro disorder position to take.
SolarCross wrote:Order is the product of control but globalists oppose border control which is a pro disorder position to take.

Not necessarily, you can have open borders without disorder; our current system promotes disorder because the welfare state incentivizes mass migrations and political turmoil in the host nations.

Under a system of private property absolutism, inter-regional migration would be balanced and orderly and multiculturalism would not be thrust on property owners as they are the main agents of consent for the villages and towns under their own proprietorship.
SolarCross wrote:Nationalists are not necessarily opposed to international collaboration and globalists are not necessarily for order. Order is the product of control but globalists oppose border control which is a pro disorder position to take.

Nation states today need free trade in goods/services and free flow of information to survive, they don't necessarily need free flow of capital or free movement of people.

And border controls are needed no matter what.
I think it's a false dichotomy. I'd probably be classified as a nationalist but I'm also an expat. There's globalization, trade and so-on which is not necessarily the same as globalism, which lately refers to an idea that every place must become the same (although realistically if you get outside of the west, it might become clear that globalism is a euphemism for mass immigration into the west, the rest of the world has no interest in that kind of thing).
Godstud wrote:You cannot claim to be a Free Market Capitalist and not be a Globalist.

I claim to be a nationalist and a free market capitalist! :p
Open borders is not globalization. When you are talking about economic systems, Globalization is closely linked to Capitalism.

Globalization:
the process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale.

I know very few peoples(even liberals) who want open/freer borders. The natural globalization from immigration is natural given how the richer countries prey on the poorer ones.
Godstud wrote:Open borders is not globalization. When you are talking about economic systems, Globalization is closely linked to Capitalism.

Globalization:
the process by which businesses or other organizations develop international influence or start operating on an international scale.

I know very few peoples(even liberals) who want open/freer borders. The natural globalization from immigration is natural given how the richer countries prey on the poorer ones.

I meant freer economic trade, not open borders in term of immigration. Right, open borders is used no in this context.
We face three great problems on our crowded planet:

1 Islamic (particularly Sunni Islamic) supremacist, Imperialist, terrorist, genocidal, expansionism.
2 Han Supremacist, Imperialist, racist, terrorist, expansionism.
3 West African expansionism.

All three of these expansions have been going on for over a thousand years. Note Jewish supremacism is not in itself a major problem. Jewish supremacism is not the cause of any of the above. It was also not the cause of the 1812 war, the American Civil War, the First World War, Germany's defeat in WW1, Communism, banking crises or the decline of traditional pre modern European Christian morality. Although many people have quite false tried to blame the Jews for these things. However the dominance, nay the hegemony of Jewish Supremacism within Western societies does majorly impede our resistance to the above three problems. So although a second order problem it is a significant one.
WOW, this is old! Thanks for the flash-feed. Now I have to mock participate.

Other: I'm consciousness having a human experience. The binary paradigm faded when the human condition transcended its myopia. I'm not actually sure what a globalist is and I'm not sure what a nationalist is. Must be historical terms? I guess these labels had been used by live action roleplayers, when humanity was fighting the war on consciousness. An archive search reveals, The nationalists and globalists pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world while interacting with each other in character. :hmm: ( this hmm face is a prototype emoji. Of course, you can't feel it, it lacks penetration :hmm: ) Primitive mythology and noospheric conflict dominated our ancestors' fragmented and irrational politics.

Huh, it's funny, looking back, humanity was pretty unstable (or unsound). No harmony to be found. It's like, hello, you guys are doing this to yourself :lol: What a fundamental misunderstanding of how consciousness and the material world actually works. It's like after electricity and the speed up of information, everyone was generating so many different myths it somehow stunted our growth as a species. Strange really, beyond the fact that we once lived without electricity... I know it's an essential step in our growth and development, but holy shit... The burden of reality must of weighed heavy on the hearts and minds of humanity when contrived tribalism dominated our noosphere.

Meh... Thanks for sending me this goofy yet slightly corrupted feed. The tribal jargon is immaculate and well-preserved.

Look at this piece of work :lol:

1 Islamic (particularly Sunni Islamic) supremacist, Imperialist, terrorist, genocidal, expansionism.
2 Han Supremacist, Imperialist, racist, terrorist, expansionism.
3 West African expansionism.

Such words have no nominal accu-REAL or gene-sense, it's disturbing how the human mind once used abstract characterizations to justify other abstract characterizations (Noo-nod me instantly, we'll discuss further, hilarity shall ensue ;) ) I needed a histo-flash just to grasp some of this gibberish. People went to war over meaningless letters. :lol: I shouldn't be laughing, but it's unfathomably arcane.

Be grateful, we've banished that absurd idiom "history repeats itself." Only a goggle-ghoul would misunderstand this inescapable present moment. BTW (old text speak), excuse my use of outdated typography. I'd ziggle-zee-!A!B!C!, but this method is more appropriate for a time capsule. Would you agree?

It's a false dichotomy.
This aspect of consciousness was onto something.

- ∞
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 06 Oct 2018 02:32, edited 2 times in total.
Err, I'm both ?

I see that as the only rational and natural position.

You should love your country, but you also should love mankind as a whole.

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there is no evidence, then the argument that th[…]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pro[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]