Are the majority of Trump supporters racists? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Are Trump supporters inherently racists?

Yes, they are hardcore racists.
30%
No, they are not racists.
28%
Maybe, they are subconscious racists.
11%
They might be angry at mainstream polticians, and Trump is not.
11%
Other(please explain)
21%
Suntzu wrote:What if they are really after us? :eek:

That is precisely the emotional button push manipulation that racist comments push. Fear factor.

The Latinos are taking over. Regular Christian all American white people are under threat from the hoards of people from other what?
Endangered and under threat.

Why stoke fear in voters?

There is an interesting French cultural anthropologist by the name of Clotaire Rapaille. He charged corporations a pretty sum of money on how to tap into an emotion or a psychological state of mind that galvanized people to spend money out of fear of NOT spending the money. He calls it tapping into the reptilian brain. Survival. Who is keeping you from being able to get your basic needs met?

Where is the threat? How to combat it? Interestingly Trump did hire Rapaille for some project. How does one tap into fear as a primary human emotion.

Issues of identity and territoriality and this is 'mine'. It is primal stuff. Goodall talks about chimp groups who really go berserk over 'foreign' chimps invading their home territories. Chimps in general are highly xenophobic. Because? You are in competition for water, food, access to mates, access to social recognition and social structures of security.

How would a capitalist have to introduce a human group to a non-native society and get them to accept, not accept, compete with each other or not compete?

Which emotions do you need to tap into and which approach is effective in getting the desired behavior?

All of this has been explored in depth in such fields as advertising, marketing, campaigning and political messaging. Nothing new there.

Fear is a great asset to manipulate in politics.
A couple of us have actually replied seriously to the purpose of your thread. Instead of responding to what we say you ramble on about stuff you apparently think is informative when, to many of us, it is just extraneous basic information.
Please try to stick to your own topic.
One Degree wrote:I am already familiar with it, but what does that have to do with Trump supporters? I am against globalism as are most Trump supporters. Are you claiming we are racists because we don’t support world domination of corporate globalists?

Ay @One Degree One this is where you needed to do your homework Senor.
Think like a pro-globalist multinational internationalist capitalist. Why would they NOT want ethnic, racial or cultural purity? How would that hurt a capitalist in the long run?
Trump's greatest threat to losing power has to do with not being able to meet the demands of a certain group?

Who are they? And why can't they stop the change in the Latino spike of youth or the growth of Asian immigration, Latin American, African etc (non-European) extraction people from constantly being added in year by year? Why can't they stop this from occurring?

Think like a hardcore capitalist. What are your 'sacred' tenets?
My support of Trump is due to being anti establishment.

All evidence to the contrary. He is the most establishment candidate in recent history. He has NO claim to being anything other than what he claims to be. A rich, white, businessman who believes in globalism is the most fervent way. His empire is global as is his financing.

As @Victoribus Spolia pointed out, you need to define what you mean by racism.

No. We know what racism is. If you are unclear do your own research.

If you are defining it as Trump supporters not wanting the US to become another Latino Country, then maybe. I don’t see that as racism however. I am not Latino so why would I encourage immigration for my country to change? I have no reason to do so.

Racism built on ignorance = Racism.

I don’t believe race is the issue. Culture change is the issue but race is closely associated with culture. If it was racism, then Trump supporters would be calling for the eviction of all Latinos. They are not.

This is nonsense. But just to be clear, many are calling for the deportation of children, brought here against their will, who have never known another country. They are as culturally American as I am and my family immigrated to the colonies long before the revolutionary war.
One Degree wrote:A couple of us have actually replied seriously to the purpose of your thread. Instead of responding to what we say you ramble on about stuff you apparently think is informative when, to many of us, it is just extraneous basic information.
Please try to stick to your own topic.

I can't do the 'analyzing' for you. It is very easy to go to Google and get a definition for racism and racist. Very easy.

That is not what the thread is about. It is about if in your opinion are Trump supporters inherently racist or not?

I am explaining what is there working within the psychological context...the goal or purpose for having racist views or allowing a politician to say racist comments and still think they are a viable vote?

Got to figure out why people choose the racist candidate.

Lol. I won't think for you One Degree. You voted for Trump? Even though he says racist things consistently. Why?

That is my interest.☺
Tainari88 wrote:Ay @One Degree One this is where you needed to do your homework Senor.
Think like a pro-globalist multinational internationalist capitalist. Why would they NOT want ethnic, racial or cultural purity? How would that hurt a capitalist in the long run?
Trump's greatest threat to losing power has to do with not being able to meet the demands of a certain group?

Who are they? And why can't they stop the change in the Latino spike of youth or the growth of Asian immigration, Latin American, African etc (non-European) extraction people from constantly being added in year by year? Why can't they stop this from occurring?

Think like a hardcore capitalist. What are your 'sacred' tenets?

Perhaps you can expand on this and explain how this fits into whether Trump supporters are racist? You seem to be hinting at it, but I need it spelled our clearer to understand you.
@Tainari88 , if you and @Drlee want to stick with the dictionary definition then ‘no’ Trump supporters are not racists and this thread is a waste of time.
I should have known better than expect a rational discussion.
Rancid wrote:Cause it works to get votes!

Clotaire Rapaille would agree with You! And fear sells!

Scope commercial? Fear of bad breath turning off possible sex partner. 30 second advertisements.

Deodorant commercial fear of smelly armpits. Social rejection. Condoms fear of getting a woman pregnant or a STD transmission. Fear sells. Politically if you want to wake up millions of non voting apathetic white voters? What might be a trigger?

There you go Mr. Poop Pickle.☺
Yes, “fear of racism” is a very easy fear to instill and manipulate people with. @Tainari88 even pointed out how this fear is used. :)
One Degree wrote:Perhaps you can expand on this and explain how this fits into whether Trump supporters are racist? You seem to be hinting at it, but I need it spelled our clearer to understand you.

OD, I am not pro-capitalism, but I am living in a capitalist society.

How many financial, social, commercial interferences/interactions do I have with a multinational(s)corporation (s)that is present in many nations?

It is everywhere OD, you drive a car? The brand? Many nations involved in making It? Convenience stores, huge chains, in every industry? How many are present in many nations?

If those chains exist in your local hometown how free are you of capitalistic globalism?

Do you wash your clothes with a brand name laundry detergent? Or their generic division? Lol.

They are everywhere. If you consume and pay into a capitalist multinational internationalist corporate organization? And you are one of billions of consumers? Who will be shaping political policy in a system that allows corporations to be counted like individuals? Citizens United?

How come capitalists don't like excluded any culture from their markets? How would they be hurt by That? What is the nature of a consumer relationship with a for-profit capitalist?

@Drlee understands. Do you DO?

In summary OD--You are living in this system. Globalists want to sell and profit. To the entire planet. All of it. If that means changing your neighborhood and filling it with taco eating, Spanish speaking Mexican culture people because the average age of Mexico are people under the age of 35?

So be it!

They don't care about you not being Latino. If the Latinos in this side of the world number 500+ million and their profits are in jeopardy if they don't adapt to that number? Guess what? White generic American 'culture' is not going to be preserved.

It is the reality.
Tainari88 wrote:OD, I am not pro-capitalism, but I am living in a capitalist society.

How many financial, social, commercial interferences/interactions do I have with a multinational(s)corporation (s)that is present in many nations?

It is everywhere OD, you drive a car? The brand? Many nations involved in making It? Convenience stores, huge chains, in every industry? How many are present in many nations?

If those chains exist in your local hometown how free are you of capitalistic globalism?

Do you wash your clothes with a brand name laundry detergent? Or their generic division? Lol.

They are everywhere. If you consume and pay into a capitalist multinational internationalist corporate organization? And you are one of billions of consumers? Who will be shaping political policy in a system that allows corporations to be counted like individuals? Citizens United?

How come capitalists don't like excluded any culture from their markets? How would they be hurt by That? What is the nature of a consumer relationship with a for-profit capitalist?

@Drlee understands. Do you DO?

In summary OD--You are living in this system. Globalists want to sell and profit. To the entire planet. All of it. If that means changing your neighborhood and filling it with taco eating, Spanish speaking Mexican culture people because the average age of Mexico are people under the age of 35?

So be it!

They don't care about you not being Latino. If the Latinos in this side of the world number 500+ million and their profits are in jeopardy if they don't adapt to that number? Guess what? White generic American 'culture' is not going to be preserved.

It is the reality.

I understand that and it has nothing to do with what Trump supporters think. They will fight these corporations with the right leadership. They hope Trump is that leadership. He is a nationalist. That is an improvement over a globalist. Why should we support globalist corporate Democrats?
It does. The Trump supporters are fighting globalism and they want nationalistic interests to be more important in making or shaping policy than global capitalism. I am saying...this is the point....the ones with the biggest power of all are globalists and they are against white nationalism, and they are anti racists. Not for sentimental reasons but for economic reasons. Period. They will manipulate the fear in either political camp. Because they will adapt to keeping their profits. And maybe you did not know this OD, but they control the laws, they control the politicians, they control the governments, and they control the markets. And if you look at the math_ Most of the world is not WHITE. Let me repeat,...not white. So they won't give a flying damn about your community local priority philosophy. They will crush it like a roach that bothers them and move on. They have no nationalistic loyalties. They want to be able to move into many nations and dictate in many places. And they have more money than many national GDP budgets.

You can't escape their influences DO. Because if you live in a state of the USA they are the ones creating the laws that you live under, they control the food you eat, the media you consume, the gas you use to get around, the car you put it in, the banks you pay debts to and so on and so forth. Thinking you are APART from that is being unrealistic, fantasy driven and in denial. Capitalism wants to survive as a global system. Racism of any form if it effects their bottom line of expansion, growth and control_ will be discarded.

The pro racists fearing the Latinos or Blacks, or furriners or this or that crap, will not be successful. This is why it is necessary to deal with the fear. If you fear the Latinos or the Blacks or this or that....it is all about lying to get some people to think they are in charge of shaping their own national boundaries. Let them think they are in charge but we are in charge of it all. It is all a big lie. If they got to make the Latinos because they are very large in number the ones driving the economy of the USA, or this or that nation...who cares....as long as the capitalism and the sacred tenets continue...everything if great. They the NATIONALISTS, have not been in control in the drivers seat for a long long time.

The fear of the foreign is a fiction OD. But if the manipulated want to think they are making sure the culture is not changed....I think they need to get their brains out of the repitilian parts and start using their frontal lobe where judgment lies. Not the one about false alarms of survival. Because that is where the no thought racists are at. In the reptilian brain.
Tainari88 wrote:It does. The Trump supporters are fighting globalism and they want nationalistic interests to be more important in making or shaping policy than global capitalism. I am saying...this is the point....the ones with the biggest power of all are globalists and they are against white nationalism, and they are anti racists. Not for sentimental reasons but for economic reasons. Period. They will manipulate the fear in either political camp. Because they will adapt to keeping their profits. And maybe you did not know this OD, but they control the laws, they control the politicians, they control the governments, and they control the markets. And if you look at the math_ Most of the world is not WHITE. Let me repeat,...not white. So they won't give a flying damn about your community local priority philosophy. They will crush it like a roach that bothers them and move on. They have no nationalistic loyalties. They want to be able to move into many nations and dictate in many places. And they have more money than many national GDP budgets.

You can't escape their influences DO. Because if you live in a state of the USA they are the ones creating the laws that you live under, they control the food you eat, the media you consume, the gas you use to get around, the car you put it in, the banks you pay debts to and so on and so forth. Thinking you are APART from that is being unrealistic, fantasy driven and in denial. Capitalism wants to survive as a global system. Racism of any form if it effects their bottom line of expansion, growth and control_ will be discarded.

The pro racists fearing the Latinos or Blacks, or furriners or this or that crap, will not be successful. This is why it is necessary to deal with the fear. If you fear the Latinos or the Blacks or this or that....it is all about lying to get some people to think they are in charge of shaping their own national boundaries. Let them think they are in charge but we are in charge of it all. It is all a big lie. If they got to make the Latinos because they are very large in number the ones driving the economy of the USA, or this or that nation...who cares....as long as the capitalism and the sacred tenets continue...everything if great. They the NATIONALISTS, have not been in control in the drivers seat for a long long time.

The fear of the foreign is a fiction OD. But if the manipulated want to think they are making sure the culture is not changed....I think they need to get their brains out of the repitilian parts and start using their frontal lobe where judgment lies. Not the one about false alarms of survival. Because that is where the no thought racists are at. In the reptilian brain.

You are just saying local autonomy and nationalism won’t work because globalists are too powerful. This is just your opinion. There are people revolting against this. Revolts are usually led by radicals, but that does not mean they come into power or their views will dominate.
You then make the jump that all nationalists are racists. This is nonsense.
You simply wrote your view on the power of globalists and assumed racism of nationalists because it is the opposite of not racist globalist. This is faulty reasoning. One view does not dictate the other.
It is quite possible to be nationalists, local autonomists or anarchists and not be racists.
You need another means of demonstrating actual racism due to support of Trump. The one you used doesn’t work.
MistyTiger wrote:Haha the Yeses are the majority.

How do Trump fans feel about him now with his lame denials? Even his friends are caving into pressure to leave his side.

That Comey dossier with the British spy stated that Russian intelligence might have some videos of Russian prostitutes in a hotel room at the Ritz in Moscow. And that the lifting of sanctions was discussed in that fake Russian adoption meeting. Putin has some tapes on Trump. If he caves and can't deny and help out the Putin man...he might leak some kinky sex tape of the Trump man on TV. But Trump supporters are going to be in the reptilian brain mode. The furriners and the culture is a changing.....I can't cope with the fear of of CHANGE.

Change is the nature of life. Can't cope with life then. All of us are changing. Growing older, and our cells are in the process of life and death all the time. Can't cope with change, you got issues darling. :lol:
One Degree wrote:You are just saying local autonomy and nationalism won’t work because globalists are too powerful. This is just your opinion. There are people revolting against this. Revolts are usually led by radicals, but that does not mean they come into power or their views will dominate.
You then make the jump that all nationalists are racists. This is nonsense.
You simply wrote your view on the power of globalists and assumed racism of nationalists because it is the opposite of not racist globalist. This is faulty reasoning. One view does not dictate the other.
It is quite possible to be nationalists, local autonomists or anarchists and not be racists.
You need another means of demonstrating actual racism due to support of Trump. The one you used doesn’t work.

You don't get it OD. I doubt you ever will. Nationalism is gone because the people who control power are not really nationalists OD. The liberals you hate so much are the ones pulling the strings for them. So are the establishment Republicans. Trump is not a radical Nationalist. He is not Steve Bannon or some David Duke. He is a globalist capitalist who is fairly beholden to autocratic authoritarians who have globalist economic interests.

The fear that racists have about change in culture if beyond foolish. But that is what you fail to understand. I don't care what you think OD. You don't understand relational connections between one concept or the other. You want to go back in time to some idea of what you think nationalism is. It doesn't exist anymore because what drives the culture in capitalism is not about national loyalties but the power of economic dictatorships. You fail to get it.

I am not surprised. It is complex. It is not your deal. ;)
Tainari88 wrote:You don't get it OD. I doubt you ever will. Nationalism is gone because the people who control power are not really nationalists OD. The liberals you hate so much are the ones pulling the strings for them. So are the establishment Republicans. Trump is not a radical Nationalist. He is not Steve Bannon or some David Duke. He is a globalist capitalist who is fairly beholden to autocratic authoritarians who have globalist economic interests.

The fear that racists have about change in culture if beyond foolish. But that is what you fail to understand. I don't care what you think OD. You don't understand relational connections between one concept or the other. You want to go back in time to some idea of what you think nationalism is. It doesn't exist anymore because what drives the culture in capitalism is not about national loyalties but the power of economic dictatorships. You fail to get it.

I am not surprised. It is complex. It is not your deal. ;)

You are right. I don’t get your explanation how this makes all nationalists racist. You keep repeating it without justifying it. Whether Trump is actually the nationalist he claims is irrelevant to the feelings of his supporters.
Dumb your brilliance down for ignorant ole me. Use small words and maybe I will understand, because so far your logic is gibberish. I know it is difficult but you must do more than just assume racism to justify it.
A major problem with the question is that it lumps all "Trump supporters" together into one big group, which inherently fails to admit any diversity. Trump supporters, I am quite sure, have more than one motivation distributed among them. But we can talk about tendencies.
IMO, certainly not all Trump supporters are racist, but a lot of racists are Trump Supporters. We saw this during the election when a lot of white supremacist leaders publicly supported Trump. We saw this when Trump refused to condemn their support, and their subsequent actions (until pressured to do so). We all saw Trumps reluctance to distance himself from white supremacist leaders. But that does not make your average rank and file Trump supporter inherently racist.
One could argue that the anti-immigration sentiment is inherently racist, or that nationalism is somehow inherently racist. (I'm not going to make either argument) Both are sentiments Trump embraced during his campaign, and pursued during his presidency. But even if both are found inherently racist, they still do not make every Trump supporter inherently racist. Certainly some, perhaps many, but not all.
In fact, there are people who would vote for anything with an (R) behind it. Even if that thing was a black Jewish transvestite space alien fembot. They don't care; they see the (R), they vote for it. How could that be racist?

The argument I make, is that the GOP had a field of 20 candidates. They had 20 candidates to choose from, and they chose Trump. No matter what you think of Hillary, they chose Trump over 19 other Republican candidates. Republicans OWN Trump. They OWN everything that he does, says, and represents. Republicans have no excuses. They had 19 others they could have elected, and they rejected them all in favor of Trump. Trump IS as much their representative as he is their president. Certainly not all - but the majority.
Citizen J wrote:A major problem with the question is that it lumps all "Trump supporters" together into one big group, which inherently fails to admit any diversity. Trump supporters, I am quite sure, have more than one motivation distributed among them. But we can talk about tendencies.
IMO, certainly not all Trump supporters are racist, but a lot of racists are Trump Supporters. We saw this during the election when a lot of white supremacist leaders publicly supported Trump. We saw this when Trump refused to condemn their support, and their subsequent actions (until pressured to do so). We all saw Trumps reluctance to distance himself from white supremacist leaders. But that does not make your average rank and file Trump supporter inherently racist.
One could argue that the anti-immigration sentiment is inherently racist, or that nationalism is somehow inherently racist. (I'm not going to make either argument) Both are sentiments Trump embraced during his campaign, and pursued during his presidency. But even if both are found inherently racist, they still do not make every Trump supporter inherently racist. Certainly some, perhaps many, but not all.
In fact, there are people who would vote for anything with an (R) behind it. Even if that thing was a black Jewish transvestite space alien fembot. They don't care; they see the (R), they vote for it. How could that be racist?

The argument I make, is that the GOP had a field of 20 candidates. They had 20 candidates to choose from, and they chose Trump. No matter what you think of Hillary, they chose Trump over 19 other Republican candidates. Republicans OWN Trump. They OWN everything that he does, says, and represents. Republicans have no excuses. They had 19 others they could have elected, and they rejected them all in favor of Trump. Trump IS as much their representative as he is their president. Certainly not all - but the majority.

You got a lot of people making decisions in political ballots. For me the Trump supporters if not straight up racists are certainly enablers of racist thoughts. For me racism happens in the thought processes involved in why you throw your support behind a certain candidate. Racists exist in the liberals and the conservative and the right and the left. Nothing exclusively racists only from this or that political spectrum. But Trump is a very strongly verbal and ideological racist. You read his book or books and he mentions extremely racist opinions as something just about facts.

If you don't care for racist language then why vote for someone who has a long track record of being a racist in the classic form of the word. Thinking a certain human race of which he is a part of is naturally superior to others. He believes that. Read his books. He doesn't hide it.

Interesting. For me if you vote for a racist...you probably feel you identify with the racist you voted for. Not hard to do that. It is logical.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Some Zionists are finally getting the memo: Say[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]