The Next Impeachment? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Holw long will it be before Democrats try to impeach President Trump again?

They were working on it before the lights were turned off following the State of the Union
1
8%
Within 30 days
1
8%
Within 90 days
2
17%
Within 30 days before election day
No votes
0%
Within 30 days after election day
No votes
0%
They won't try to impeach him again
8
67%
User avatar
By Big Steve-1
#15064798
Now that Donald Trump has been found innocent, and has rightly been acquitted of all charges against him, how long do you think it will be before Democrats try to impeach him again?
#15064805
Harley wrote:Now that Donald Trump has been found innocent, and has rightly been acquitted of all charges against him, how long do you think it will be before Democrats try to impeach him again?


They're insane. They'll keep at it until it's physically impossible for them to do so. That's not to say that they haven't been involved in other kinds of removal options since 2016.
#15064876
annatar1914 wrote:
They're insane. They'll keep at it until it's physically impossible for them to do so.


As can be seen on this forum, the Democrats probably act like that to please their voters. However, if they really cared about their voters they would not have let the rise of Trump happen in the first place.
User avatar
By colliric
#15064879
Harley wrote:Now that Donald Trump has been found innocent, and has rightly been acquitted of all charges against him, how long do you think it will be before Democrats try to impeach him again?


They won't.

They'll go old school Democrat and try the Booth-Oswald option next.
#15064904
They will probably not try to impeach Trump again even if he commits an egregious offence.

My reasoning is as follows:

I assume they new they would lose the impeachment process. This is the only logical conclusion if we assume that most Republican senators would vote along party lines. And everyone predicted it.

If that is the case, then we must assume they had other goals.

The obvious one is more power.

I can think of two different ways that the Democrats can leverage this into more power for them:

1. The Republicans have now set a precedent that the president can ignore congressional oversight if the party of the president controls one or both houses of congress. The Democrats can now do the same.

2. The impeachment vote made Republican senators look like spineless sycophants who toe the party line. This could hurt them in upcoming elections.

If Trump does something impeachable again, and we know he will, then the Dems can truthfully say that they would love to hold Trump accountable but the Republicans are too spineless to do anything about it, and then do nothing about it.
#15064905
No, they won't.

Apparently, A G Barr has written that no one can attempt a second attempt of impeachment against President Trump before the next election without his say so

Can anyone be leave this man's gall?
#15064912
Pants-of-dog wrote:If Trump does something impeachable again, and we know he will,

They actually held a vote to impeach Trump for criticizing Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem. They think anything is impeachable. That's part of the Congressional Record. Trump can run campaign ads about that, and it is an absolute fact. Most politicians would let that fade into history. Trump will bring it up in front of the American people. "Before they impeached me for looking into Biden's corruption, they voted to impeach me for criticizing Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem." Trump does not run away from fights like this. He provokes them.
#15064957
blackjack21 wrote:They actually held a vote to impeach Trump for criticizing Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem. They think anything is impeachable. That's part of the Congressional Record. Trump can run campaign ads about that, and it is an absolute fact. Most politicians would let that fade into history. Trump will bring it up in front of the American people. "Before they impeached me for looking into Biden's corruption, they voted to impeach me for criticizing Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem." Trump does not run away from fights like this. He provokes them.



Source for you claim?
#15065042
@pugsville
Trump impeachment vote fails overwhelmingly
Green’s articles of impeachment cite Trump’s remarks in the aftermath of a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, as well as his attacks on Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) and his repeated criticism of NFL players who have protested abuses by police officers by kneeling during the national anthem.


Efforts to impeach Donald Trump
Keep the Congressional Record in view, because you cannot rely on the media to report the facts.
By late
#15065047
Stormsmith wrote:
No, they won't.

Apparently, A G Barr has written that no one can attempt a second attempt of impeachment against President Trump before the next election without his say so

Can anyone be leave this man's gall?



While you are correct, they won't try again, it's not because of Barr.

Barr only has control over the Justice Dept.
By late
#15065050
colliric wrote:
They'll go old school Democrat and try the Booth-Oswald option next.



And now we find ourselves in batshit country..

Booth was the South, and the racists are Republicans now. Oswald killed a Democrat. While there are a lot of conspiracy theories, the plain truth is that he was nuts.

Old school Dems only had to total up votes.

Republicans are the guys that cheat, starting with Nixon. But I wouldn't go that far even with them.

Trumps approval rating has never been above water. Without cheating, he wouldn't stand a chance. Even with massive cheating, there is a good chance he will lose, and there will be massive, and ugly, cheating.
#15065051
Patrickov wrote:As can be seen on this forum, the Democrats probably act like that to please their voters. However, if they really cared about their voters they would not have let the rise of Trump happen in the first place.


Obviously this theatre and distraction only matters to the lunatic ''woke'' crowd. The rest already tuned out or support Trump. The sitting president is going to win easily, simply because the Democrats have been so retarded. It almost seems like the Democrats actually want Trump to win. Now I don't care for the GOP or the Democratic party (since both parties are controlled by the same type of crowd), so whatever.
#15065176
blackjack21 wrote:@pugsville
Trump impeachment vote fails overwhelmingly


Efforts to impeach Donald Trump
Keep the Congressional Record in view, because you cannot rely on the media to report the facts.


Hardly the work of the Democratic party as a whole. "They" in this case is small minority of Democrats. Your posts imply it's all of them. Distinguish between groups you are complaining about rather than just lazily tar with the the same brush. Democratic party leaders, Majority of Democrat elected representatives, majority of Democratic party members none of these were supporting this. Perhaps you should not throw around "they" so freely.
#15065190
Pugsville wrote:Hardly the work of the Democratic party as a whole. "They" in this case is small minority of Democrats. Your posts imply it's all of them.

It is all of them. What were Pelosi's remarks? More or less, "now is not the time." In other words, her rush to get impeachment done by Christmas wasn't about the merits of the case. It was about timing. She thought she would be able to damage Trump by impeaching him. Clearly, it did not work. As for the establishment, they've been plotting everything from 25th Amendment removal from office, to emoluments, taxes, special counsel investigation, impeachment, etc. There has been no end to the politics of personal destruction, but it has backfired on the Democrats and they don't seem to know how to do anything else.
#15065206
blackjack21 wrote:It is all of them. What were Pelosi's remarks? More or less, "now is not the time." In other words, her rush to get impeachment done by Christmas wasn't about the merits of the case. It was about timing. She thought she would be able to damage Trump by impeaching him. Clearly, it did not work. As for the establishment, they've been plotting everything from 25th Amendment removal from office, to emoluments, taxes, special counsel investigation, impeachment, etc. There has been no end to the politics of personal destruction, but it has backfired on the Democrats and they don't seem to know how to do anything else.


Complete and utter rubbish look at the vote. the actual facts say you are wrong."All of Them"

Just get a grip. This just my side is 100% right the other 100% wrong, just refusal to engage with actual facts. It's getting a waste of time to even come here any more,
User avatar
By Godstud
#15065224
They won't try to impeach him again as there is no one with the integrity and will to do so. The American government is too corrupt.
#15065289
pugsville wrote:Democratic party leaders, Majority of Democrat elected representatives, majority of Democratic party members none of these were supporting this. Perhaps you should not throw around "they" so freely.


Really? How many Democrats voted to impeach Trump?

How many Democrats voted to acquit Trump?

Exactly none of them.

They all supported this.
So how deadly is it?

Yeah, the future looks bright... USA: Coronaviru[…]

Who reached out to the one German factory in the w[…]

“The animals have been transported over large di[…]

Election 2020

And @Finfinder Finfinder, showing his usual lev[…]