Who Do You WANT To Be The Next Global Super Power? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Who Do You WANT To Be The Next Global Super Power?

1. USA
32%
2. CHINA
5%
3. EU
5%
4. COMMONWEALTH REALMS
5%
5. RUSSIA
3%
6. INDIA
No votes
0%
7. JAPAN-KOREA-ASIAN-TIGERS UNION
8%
8. ARAB UNION/ISLAMIC CALIPHATE
3%
9. LATIN AMERICA
No votes
0%
10. AFRICA
No votes
0%
11. MULTI-POLAR
19%
12. OTHER (ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ETC.)
19%
Beren wrote:Turkey's half way out of NATO, actually.

Ok. So maybe you can even get them to leave too and join Russia as well. If the Russians get the Straights of Bosporus maybe they will let Turkey have Syria. I am sure they could work something out that would please both sides.

Then again I suppose if the Russians are getting the whole of europe they no longer have much use for the bosporus... lol
late wrote:I love it, the EU goes full on White Trash and gets an abusive killer boyfriend.

That's how it appears to be from your perspective at least, darling, but you're an abusive killer psychopath too that likes to grab everyone by the pussy and doesn't offer a fair relationship to anyone.
Beren wrote:
That's how it appears to be from your perspective at least, darling, but you're an abusive killer psychopath too that likes to grab everyone by the pussy and doesn't offer a fair relationship to anyone.

Difference is, we like Europe, and don't want to crush it underneath our tanks.

History, you know, it's a thing.
Beren wrote:That's how it appears to be from your perspective at least, darling, but you're an abusive killer psychopath too that likes to grab everyone by the pussy and doesn't offer a fair relationship to anyone.

How so? The US has been underwriting European security since WW2. Honestly that seems a bit ungrateful. :hmm:

The US does not need Europe at all. They could just concentrate on their own super continent. They could have let the Chinese run over Korea too. Overall the US has done a lot keep the world sliding into tyranny. What do you think South Korea would look like today if not for the US? Go to the DPRK, it would look like that, yeah exactly.
Last edited by SolarCross on 26 Apr 2020 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
late wrote:Difference is, we like Europe, and don't want to crush it underneath our tanks.

History, you know, it's a thing.

It's a thing you don't seem to understand, but it's not the only thing like that.

SolarCross wrote:How so? The US has been underwriting European security since WW2. Honestly that seems a bit ungrateful. :hmm:

It wasn't all bad for sure, but it wasn't fair or equal, was it?
SolarCross wrote:To europe's advantage! You let them guard you from the Soviets at their own expense. If it was fair and equal you should have paid them.

I'm sure we paid them and fed their military-industrial complex too. They did it for their own benefit anyway, not out of pure altruism or sympathy. It wasn't Europe dictating Cold War dynamics, was it?
Beren wrote:I'm sure we paid them and fed their military-industrial complex too. They did it for their own benefit anyway, not out of pure altruism or sympathy. It wasn't Europe dictating Cold War dynamics, was it?

There was a strategic benefit for them in that if rich western Europe fell to the Soviets then the Russian Empire would become big and powerful enough to come after them too, even across the Atlantic. But that would be a very long term worry. I think there was a good amount of compassion actually in the calculation to defend europe.
Beren wrote:
It's a thing you don't seem to understand, but it's not the only thing like that.

Love your BS. It's nothing special, of course, but at least it's a change of pace.

You mean I don't understand how Putin has stopped trying to intimidate Merkel, and now blows sweet nothings in her ear?

Or how about the several countries Putin cyberattacks?

Or the assassinations, or military incursions, or military harassment?

Yeah, that's way too complicated for me.
Speaking of hypothetical mergers... What are the prospects of Latin America leveraging their common colonial heritage to forge a common polity? I guess Brazil and Mexico are the heavy weights in Latin America, if it happened they would be the natural leaders of it. What do you think about the prospects of that @Pants-of-dog?

Also could Catholic Spanish South America ever merge with Protestant English North America? What would that look like?
Political Interest wrote:Russia

America has failed to create a just and sustainable unipolar order.

China would also not be a suitable alternative.

Russia-Europe is probably the best option.

its not possible for Russia to ever become a superpower anymore due to their declining demographics and massive corruption
the Soviet union was corrupt but nowhere near the scale of Federal Russia
Zionist Nationalist wrote:its not possible for Russia to ever become a superpower anymore due to their declining demographics and massive corruption
the Soviet union was corrupt but nowhere near the scale of Federal Russia

What other options do we have?

The USA is already in decline and is not a viable long term ally anymore.

China is also not possible.

@FiveofSwords Changing your argument is calle[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster I will never vote for Biden ever. That[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake[…]