What is abortion? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
By Godstud
The answer is education, birth control, and family planning.

Simply not having sex doesn't tend to work in reality. Put two young people together and ask them to masturbate. Tell me how that works out. ;)

No.
Abortion isn't homicide, anymore than eating an egg is killing a chicken.

If anti-abortionists want to stop all abortions, they need to do things to prevent the unwanted pregnancies in the first place, and to set up single mother support/adoption services/foster parents, etc. Most "Pro-lifers" are nothing more than pro-birth, however, and don't care about them afterwards.
By Godstud
The pro-life(linked consistently with the right-wing) movement shuts down things like sec education programs and cuts funding to Welfare and social programs that are often there to help poor and single mothers.

The Trump Plan to Cut Benefit Programs Threatens Children
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... -children/

Trump budget threatens nutrition services for poor women and children
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -nutrition

Trump Budget Deeply Cuts Health, Housing, Other Assistance for Low- and Moderate-Income Families
https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-b ... or-low-and
By Spider-Man
Godstud wrote:The pro-life(linked consistently with the right-wing) movement shuts down things like sec education programs and cuts funding to Welfare and social programs that are often there to help poor and single mothers.

The Trump Plan to Cut Benefit Programs Threatens Children
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... -children/

Trump budget threatens nutrition services for poor women and children
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -nutrition

Trump Budget Deeply Cuts Health, Housing, Other Assistance for Low- and Moderate-Income Families
https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-b ... or-low-and
you said most pro lifers don't care about babies after they are born. How do you know?
By Hindsite
Spider-Man wrote:Murder? Legal Homicide? I hate this topic, but the answer is chastity. Sex can wait, masturbate

I believe abortion is first degree murder.
By Godstud
@Spider-Man Actions define people, not just words.

To quote another Pofoer:
Donna wrote:The belief that abortion is murder, which even St. Augustine and St. John Chrysostom did not consider to be as bad as killing an already-born person, appears to be a 20th century rhetorical coup by social conservatives and anti-feminists more than anything.
QFT.

@Hindsite Then sex must be attempted murder and should be prosecuted. :lol:
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite Then sex must be attempted murder and should be prosecuted. :lol:

I have thought you had a warped mind and your statement here just proves it to me. God blessed sex between a man and his wife, but condemned killing of the innocent. I can't see how a baby in the womb of the mother could be any more innocent.
By Godstud
I have a warped mind when you are likening abortion to 1st degree murder? :lol:

You're deranged.
Godstud wrote:The answer is education, birth control, and family planning.

Agreed. And most importantly, take responsibility for your own actions if you choose to engage in an activity that has known risks and unwanted outcomes.

Simply not having sex doesn't tend to work in reality. Put two young people together and ask them to masturbate. Tell me how that works out. ;)

You're basically making the same argument that rape should be legal because men can't control themselves. Simply not raping women doesn't tend to work in reality .Put a man in a room with a woman with a skirt on, tell me how that works out. See how horrible that sounds?

People have free will. They choose whether or not to have sex. If they do, they take on the known risks of possible pregnancy that they have informed consent of well in advance. People are responsible for their own actions. You're not a victim if you get pregnant or get someone pregnant, unless it was a rape.

No.
Abortion isn't homicide, anymore than eating an egg is killing a chicken.

An egg from a chicken isn't even fertilized. It doesn't grow into a baby chicken.
Godstud wrote:If anti-abortionists want to stop all abortions, they need to do things to prevent the unwanted pregnancies in the first place, and to set up single mother support/adoption services/foster parents, etc. Most "Pro-lifers" are nothing more than pro-birth, however, and don't care about them afterwards.

That argument is terrible. If people want to stop unwanted pregnancies, don't have sex without at least 2 methods of birth control, or don't have sex at all unless you want a baby or accept the risk of getting pregnant.
People who support abortion rights are so selfish and horny that they want to have the right to kill unborn babies so they can have their worry-free sexy fun times. That's quite the trade-off!

Is this social justice?
By Godstud
Not having sex is nice in theory, but getting young people to not engage in sex is mere fantasy, and unrealistic. Many people are not up to the responsibility of raising children(particularly out of wedlock), and that includes people who WANT to have kids.

Even birth control is not 100%. So even responsible people can have children when they do not want them.

Having a baby for many single teenagers or mothers can ruin their lives and set up a child for a life of poverty. It can also result in kids going to foster homes, which have a terrible track record.

Abortion is not homicide. Period. End of story. Pretending it is, is a bullshit argument.

Wanting women to have a choice in what they do with their bodies is not "selfish". :roll:

NOW you're a Social Justice Warrior? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Godstud wrote:Not having sex is nice in theory, but getting young people to not engage in sex is mere fantasy, and unrealistic.

Men not raping women is nice in theory, but getting young men to not engage in rape is mere fantasy, and unrealistic.

Having a baby for many single teenagers or mothers can ruin their lives and set up a child for a life of poverty. It can also result in kids going to foster homes, which have a terrible track record.

That's why i'd suggest not having sex until you're an age when you can handle a baby. Or guy/girl getting themselves snipped.

Even birth control is not 100%. So even responsible people can have children when they do not want them.

Wearing a condom, girl on the pill, and guy using pull-out method all at the same time. 100% effective in avoiding pregnancies in my experience, sample size of testing quite large for me :lol:

Wanting women to have a choice in what they do with their bodies is not "selfish". :roll:

Now you're just repeating the brainwashing you've been exposed to. I didn't know women didn't have a choice of what to do with their bodies when they choose to let a man insert his penis into her vagina.

See, people like yourself have the odd theory that women have a choice only AFTER Jimmy spewed in their cooch & another human life is now growing inside their bodies.
By Godstud
Unthinking Majority wrote:Men not raping women is nice in theory, but getting young men to not engage in rape is mere fantasy, and unrealistic.
We are not discussing rape. You're engaging in a logical fallacy.

That's why i'd suggest not having sex until you're an age when you can handle a baby. Or guy/girl getting themselves snipped.
Your suggestions would work well in a totalitarian society, without any freedoms.

Wearing a condom, girl on the pill, and guy using pull-out method all at the same time. 100% effective in avoiding pregnancies in my experience, sample size of testing quite large for me :lol:
Anecdotal evidence is practically worthless.

I didn't know women didn't have a choice of what to do with their bodies when they choose to let a man insert his penis into her vagina.
The woman's right to choose what she does with her body doesn't end as soon as she is pregnant.

See, people like yourself have the odd theory that women have a choice only AFTER Jimmy spewed in their cooch & another human life is now growing inside their bodies.
People like you would rather that they lose their right to choose as soon as this happens, and would rather have a totalitarian state where the people have no choices.

Fallacies and Ad hominems. Is that all you've got?
Godstud wrote: Your suggestions would work well in a totalitarian society, without any freedoms.

My suggestions aren't enforced by the government or anyone. You do understand that people choose to have sex right? That it's not an uncontrollable compulsion...as rapists tend to argue?

Anecdotal evidence is practically worthless.

Well this test is repeatable. You should try it!

People like you would rather that they lose their right to choose as soon as this happens, and would rather have a totalitarian state where the people have no choices.

A totalitarian state would be someone forcing someone to be created and come alive without their consent, enslaving them in their womb without their consent, and then killing them without their consent. And then doing this to millions of innocent lives, and spreading propaganda for it's support including the dehumanizing of the victims in order to make it morally acceptable to kill them without guilt. A "fetus" is not actually a person, ya see...

That's exactly what the Nazis did to Jews and racists did to black slaves. It's not wrong to kill if you think an unborn baby is sub-human. The 'ol "bundle of cells" arguments and such.
Abortion is the cowardly murder of the most defenseless and innocent of human beings possible. There is no more a ''potential human being'' as I've heard some say than there is a ''potential potato'', and it's pure sophistry to suggest otherwise no matter how deeply held the error. Guilt does that to people sometimes.

But, societies that condone such barbarism are gradually destroying themselves with below replacement level fertility, and are being replaced by peoples who believe in human life, and the future, instead of filthy, sterile, and degrading personal hedonism.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You do not care about Thai culture enough to spea[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbl_6RDhkM :D […]