Should Protestors Against the Lockdowns Be Stopped? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

SHOULD THE ANTI-LOCKDOWN PROTESTORS, STOP OR CONTINUE?

STOP
73%
CONTINUE
27%
The Australian government has made millions of dollars for corona fines. A pregnant woman was arrested for being against the lockdowns. A different woman got tazed for refusing to wear a mask. I could go on, but you get the picture. These lockdowns are a gift to authoritarians everywhere. Fear is the most efficient way to rule the populace. Sent to prison for wrongthink... How anyone could support this is beyond my understanding. And now we have Biden saying he'd extend the shut down until a vaccine appears, that's absurd! The increasing civil unrest due to lockdowns and mask mandates is making for a very tense situation all across the western world.
More Info Here ~ https://youtu.be/Bu30DNr1ELE

SHOULD PROTESTORS STOP OR CONTINUE - THE FIGHT AGAINST LOCKDOWNS?
@WarmPotato
I'm assuming warmpotato is your YouTube channel. I don't think you're merely named after them.

Anyway, yes they should stop. Not wearing a mask puts other people at risk of catching the virus from you, and it also protects you from catching the virus. Now, I'm not for the government crushing dissent, but social distancing should be enforced on all protests during this crisis, that includes anti-lockdown protests. If you don't social distance, your protest should be deemed an illegal assembly.
Drlee wrote:They should stop. This disease is a killer. So are people who do not do whatever they can to keep the disease from spreading.

QFT, *like*

This contains the disease. When I sees guys +/- 40 whining about masking I can't help but wonder if they will ever growing up
Random American wrote:As I say, I think it should apply to all.

Indeed. The government should adhere to its own laws. When they don't there is an issue with hypocrisy and as such dissenting voices from different views.

Although I will say the whole point of protest is to complain about policy and this is an issue of when freedom of speech should apply I guess. :hmm:
B0ycey wrote:Indeed. The government should adhere to its own laws. When they don't there is an issue with hypocrisy and as such dissenting voices from different views.

Although I will say the whole point of protest is to complain about policy and this is an issue of when freedom of speech should apply I guess. :hmm:

In my country (the U.S.), the government can restrict rights if there is a compelling interest to do so, such as health and safety issues. Plus, it's not like this would ban protests. It would just make them abide to some regulations during this crisis, with rights and public safety balanced.
Patrickov wrote:These scums are giving a bad name to struggles for freedom. I somehow suspect they are infiltrators from the bad side.

There is a difference between fighting for freedom and fighting because of a conspiracy theory you see on the internet. Some people just don't realize that.

Instead of building on a sound sense of patriotism[…]

https://twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/13182081[…]

Undocumented Aliens and Crime

@Unthinking Majority If you have undocumented[…]

Election 2020

Link, please. To my knowledge the Bidens haven't […]