Should Donald Trump Be Placed On Mount Rushmore? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Should Donald Trump Be Placed On Mount Rushmore?

Yes
26%
No
59%
Other
15%
Should Trump be placed on Mount Rushmore? I think the answer is no for obvious reasons but apparently he wants to be there, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of his base also wants him there. I mean what does he have in common with George Washington - who helped found our nation - and Abraham Lincoln - who helped preserve it -? The answer is obvious, nothing.
Heisenberg wrote:He should only be put on Mount Rushmore if (a) he is immediately thrown off the top, or (b) it is a prelude to blowing the monument to smithereens with a megaton of TNT.

I don't think the monument should be blown up obviously, so I disagree with you on that. I take the position that adding him would devalue the monument.
Just leave it alone. It is a great Monument as it is. Let us all protect it as it stands. The Leftist desire to change everything does not flow as heavily in the conservatives or the centrist citizens of America. The desire to destroy is purely a Leftist ideology. To protect and conserve America and it's past are important to the future generations of America's Republic. Never Forget that Communism never rests. May Almighty God continue to Bless America during President Trump's second term. The Supreme Court is getting better every day.
A definite no.

FDR, Reagan and Carter should be done first.

If the CCP falls and then we have a better world, then we can ask this question again.

I say this as a Trump supporter.
Patrickov wrote:A definite no.

FDR, Reagan and Carter should be done first.

If the CCP falls and then we have a better world, then we can ask this question again.

I say this as a Trump supporter.

If the CCP falls, I doubt that would be because of Trump. It would probably be due to internal problems or an internal resistance movement. Tariffs and hostile tweets with a window dressing of military force will not do it.
Random American wrote:If the CCP falls, I doubt that would be because of Trump. It would probably be due to internal problems or an internal resistance movement. Tariffs and hostile tweets with a window dressing of military force will not do it.

Trump, despite his open admiration of Xi Jinping, enabled the exposure of the internal problems and tension as you mentioned by pulling juice away from Chinese trade.
Other

As long as he is immediately entombed within, then it's a big YES.

Patrickov wrote:Trump, despite his open admiration of Xi Jinping, enabled the exposure of the internal problems and tension as you mentioned by pulling juice away from Chinese trade.
This is false. He's actually done little to annoy China, and China knows how to deal with Trump's "sanctions". By Trump not working with other countries, he's actually made it easier on China.

Good article on it:
Why China Wants Trump to Win
Four more years might present tantalizing opportunities for Beijing to expand its influence around East Asia and the world.
https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... in/613864/
Random American wrote:I don't think that would be the end of the CCP, even if we implemented more trade restrictions.

Admittedly, if Biden win today, I expect him to take some more creative measures.
Biden will work with other countries to make it harder on China, than Trump would. China need only appeal to Trump, personally, to have him lighten things up on him, or offer him personal business deals.
@Godstud Well you posted it elsewhere so I have taken notice, but the reports from United States Congress suggested that China does not want it (while Russia does), this analysis you shared is not the whole picture either.

As I shared in the election 2020 thread, Anti-CCP Hongkongers are known to be actively steering for Trump, even using means that even I disagree. If what you shared is true, those anti-CCP Hongkongers are committing a mistake en masse.

P.S. I saw some commentary yesterday which indicates that a lot of prominent Hongkongers and Taiwanese disagree with you. However, the articles are in Chinese so I need to translate. Original URLs can be seen below:
https://www.thestandnews.com/international/評反川普論述/
https://www.thestandnews.com/international/三問特朗普如何獨裁/
https://www.thestandnews.com/international/混世魔王特朗普主宰世界/
https://www.thestandnews.com/international/為什麼要支持川普/

One or two of them actually rebuked your latest comment.

Back to the topic, as I said, my answer is a firm no, especially if Trump loses today. His work is not finished, and therefore does not deserve the honour until things become clearer. My two conditions for the question to be asked again are quite strict, as it should be.

My preference for Trump does not mean I think giving him undue honour is right, but looks like people place too much attention on my basic standing.
Godstud wrote:I am sure China will deal with it one way or the other, regardless of the outcome.

This is undoubtedly true, but it doesn't mean they can succeed, while many people believe that one way makes the situation considerably more difficult for China than another.

(EDIT: It is true for Biden supporting anti-CCP people too -- they merely deduce Biden will hold a firm ground once he gets in, as we see from other posters in this discussion)

Godstud wrote:Trump's head shouldn't be on anything except for a mugshot.

If anything, it is interesting to see a despicable fool like Trump upsetting wise people like you so much, on occassions more than how China upsets me.
Last edited by Patrickov on 04 Nov 2020 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
Trump doesn't "upset me" any more than China doing anything "upsets me". You're trying to make this about me? :roll: If you don't have an argument, then just say so.

There is no evidence that Trump makes things harder on China than Biden would. In fact, Trump not working with the world community has probably helped China.
Godstud wrote:Trump doesn't "upset me" any more than China doing anything "upsets me". You're trying to make this about me? :roll: If you don't have an argument, then just say so.

There is no evidence that Trump makes things harder on China than Biden would. In fact, Trump not working with the world community has probably helped China.

I edited my post to clarify on this.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A good discussion here with Norman Finkelstein and[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]