Are you critical or negative about the United States of America? - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Are you negative or critical of the United States of America?

Yes, I am negative or critical of the United States of America
66%
No, I am not negative or critical of the United States of America
12%
I am neither negative nor positive about the United States of America
22%
Rugoz wrote:Still peddling that nonsense I see. Stop it already, the numbers don't lie.

Wasn't your evidence an opinion piece? :lol:

I think most people accept the Marshall Plan was needed. It was also concluded as such in your opinion evidence as it happens which incidentally didn't back up anything you wrote. But that was the argument in another thread. What is your opinion on the US. Are they needed or not?
I dont know what happend to my post.

But one point I dont think we should overlook is that western culture in a sense is a superior culture for humans to thrive in. Just because of this a "strong west" also benefits people in for instance Istanbul and Kairo, where a new youth generation actually have the chance to take these cities in a more "western direction".

With internet I think we will see this more and more, but I also think geopolitical strenght will matter.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please answer this question: Why do you think the USA helped Taiwan attain democracy?

If I think up of an answer it is like this:
The USA learned that not doing their job in South Vietnam resulted in humiliating defeat.
Therefore, they carried out their promises in Taiwan and South Korea, and it turned out much better.

But seriously, I am not the USA, so the correct answer should be:
I don't know, I don't really care, and I don't think the question is relevant.
Politics is very complicated. There must be more than one reasons to explain matters, some selfless while others "selfish".
I saw they did something good, and the said good sticks. It's all that counts.

Now please answer my question:
Under what reason do you think helping others attain democracy (and / or a more just society) is a bad thing?
Patrickov wrote:If I think up of an answer it is like this:
The USA learned that not doing their job in South Vietnam resulted in humiliating defeat.
Therefore, they carried out their promises in Taiwan and South Korea, and it turned out much better.

But seriously, I am not the USA, so the correct answer should be:
I don't know, I don't really care, and I don't think the question is relevant.
Politics is very complicated. There must be more than one reasons to explain matters, some selfless while others "selfish".
I saw they did something good, and the said good sticks. It's all that counts.

No, you did not see them do good.

You said you do not know and do not care.

Now please answer my question:
Under what reason do you think helping others attain democracy (and / or a more just society) is a bad thing?

Note that I never claimed that doing good out of self-interest is not a good thing.
Rugoz wrote: So I suggest you stop saying the US "funded Europe's rebuilding". That's all.

What is the Marshall Plan if not a fund to build Europe? :eh:

You're a troll Rugoz, and not a very good one. But what I will say is it wasn't just monetary help the US provided post WW2 to Europe but security and even aid. For someone who normally praises the US machine, I find it strange that currently I am defending the US and you are ignoring what they actually did for Europe. So perhaps publish those numbers in a new thread and make your argument that the US didn't do anything for Europe post WW2. I could do with a laugh. You can't do any worse than you did last time when your "evidence" contradicted what you said. :lol:
B0ycey wrote:What is the Marshall Plan if not a fund to build Europe? :eh:

You're a troll Rugoz, and not a very good one. But what I will say is it wasn't just monetary help the US provided post WW2 to Europe but security and even aid. For someone who normally praises the US machine, I find it strange that currently I am defending the US and you are ignoring what they actually did for Europe. So perhaps publish those numbers in a new thread and make your argument that the US didn't do anything for Europe post WW2. I could do with a laugh. You can't do any worse than you did last time when your "evidence" contradicted what you said. :lol:

I made myself perfectly clear. Your lack of reading comprehension is not my problem.

The Saudis are ever our friends and our allies
The President smokes cigars with their Princes on his lanai
And across the street a mother sleeps with her babys ghost
Wrapped in pink and spotlights

If I was a tidal wave well you know that Id
Rise up and crash your castle gate and leave you high and dry
Disappear you down this trail of busted years to ride the rails and goodbyes

Well my name is propaganda
And my mamas pain is propaganda
If I was a tidal wave
Id let the Union fall
Ya if I was a tidal wave
Id be first against the wall

Back in 1980 Mayor Young he sent the key
To the city of Detroit to praise the best of enemies
Who shook hands with devil, now he runs the DOD
And spends lives

If I was a tidal wave well you know that Id
Rise up and crash your castle gate and leave you high and dry
Disappear you down this trail of busted years to ride the rails and goodbyes

If I was a tidal wave
From coast to coast Id scream
If I was a tidal wave
Id wash this whole place clean
Godstud wrote:@Rugoz Really? :eh:

35 countries where the U.S. has supported fascists, drug lords and terrorists
https://www.salon.com/2014/03/08/35_cou ... e_partner/

How The U.S. Government Has Supported The Deaths Of Hundreds Of Thousands
The United States has historically forged alliances with some pretty questionable if not absolutely cruel regimes.
https://allthatsinteresting.com/us-dictator-alliances

A few good deeds doesn't erase this reality.

:lol: A few good deeds? A few good deeds? :roll: The US saved the world from Hitler and then it saved it from Communism. The first article even whines about America trying to over throw Enver Hoxha. Oh didums did those nasty Americans try to overthrow that nice Mr Hoxha. Funnily enough neither article mentions Thailand. I wonder why that is? Thailand was unique in that the fascist regime that fought with Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany in World War II actually came back to power.
Rich wrote: :roll: The US saved the world from Hitler and then it saved it from Communism.
:lol: Russia stopped Hitler.

USA didn't stop Communism. Communism corrupted stopped Communism. USA didn't stop it in Korea or Vietnam. Are you going to pretend USA won those wars? :lol:

After three years of a bloody and frustrating war, the United States, the People's Republic of China, North Korea, and South Korea agree to an armistice, bringing the fighting of the Korean War to an end.

USA lost the Vietnam War(Known as the American War, in SE Asia). It's fun to pretend, though, that Vietnam and Laos weren't Communist, afterwards.

Rich wrote: Funnily enough neither article mentions Thailand.
We're not discussing Thailand. Look at the topic.

Rich wrote:Thailand was unique in that the fascist regime that fought with Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany in World War II actually came back to power.
You're actually false. Ignorance, thy name is @Rich . Thailand is not a fascist regime. They've been a Constitutional Monarchy since 1932. At the moment, it's sort a hybrid between that and a military junta.

IN WW2 Thailand chose not to surrender to Japan, but took a more neutral stance, allowing Japan free movement thru Thailand. It was a tough choice, but turned out to be the right one. Thailand's resistance movement caused all sorts of problems for the Japanese military during WW2, and had that not happened, Thailand might have had troubles with the Allied nations, after the war, and had to pay reparations.

You really should research such things instead of being made to look a fool because you didn't do some extremely simple research.

It is fun to play make-believe, though. :D
Godstud wrote::lol: Russia stopped Hitler.

The bombing Campaign and the threat and then actuality of landings diverted huge resources form the Eastern Front. But even with the Eastern theatre, the SU only did it with amongst other things 1911 US locomotives, the SU only producing 446 themselves during the war, 11.225 rail cars, hundreds of thousands of trucks and 18200 aircraft.

Godstud wrote:We're not discussing Thailand. Look at the topic..

Are you totally ignorant of the history of the country where you live? American forces including bombing missions helped defeat the communist insurgency in Thailand.

You're actually false. Ignorance, thy name is @Rich . Thailand is not a fascist regime.

Are you totally stupid or do you just lack basic reading comprehension? I didn't say Thailand is fascist I said the Axis fascist regime was restored to power after WWII. I think Plaek Phibunsongkhram fulfils most people's definition of a fascist.
Rich wrote:The bombing Campaign and the threat and then actuality of landings diverted huge resources form the Eastern Front. But even with the Eastern theatre, the SU only did it with amongst other things 1911 US locomotives, the SU only producing 446 themselves during the war, 11.225 rail cars, hundreds of thousands of trucks and 18200 aircraft.
I am not saying they didn't contribute, but Russia was doing the Lion's share, and history knows it. USA was only there to take credit, amongst the many allies. They had their "part" but they didn't "win the war". :roll:

Rich wrote: American forces including bombing missions helped defeat the communist insurgency in Thailand.
When were you refering to? You talk WW2 in one breath and then yap about Vietnam in the next.

I do not deny help they gave Thailand in Vietnam, but USA didn't win that war, and to this day Laos has people dying from unexploded ordnance from that war. Laos AND Vietnam are Communist states, too, so that further proves how wrong you were about the success they had "defending" nations.

Rich wrote: I think Plaek Phibunsongkhram fulfils most people's definition of a fascist.
Were he to implement polices that were fascist, that might be the case, but it's not. He is as bound by the Thai Constitution as every other military junta(coup) before him.

You're quick to make stupid assumptions without knowing any facts, but I know you're just blurting out hyperbole most of the time.

75 years ago USA had a positive impact on the world. Their impact is now negative. The last 55 years have been a shit-show for the most part, with USA causing more strife and wars than the positive impact they make can counter-act.
Godstud wrote:I am not saying they didn't contribute, but Russia was doing the Lion's share, and history knows it. USA was only there to take credit, amongst the many allies. They had their "part" but they didn't "win the war".

Without Russia Germany would have won in Europe, no doubt, but I don't think Germany/Japan would have been capable of conquering America. The US had nukes and a superior economy.

Without the US Germany would still have won in Europe and without the US that would have meant the world.

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]