Will Finland join NATO ? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Finland join NATO ?

Yes
83%
No
No votes
0%
I don't know / it could go either way
17%
With Russia freely invading non-NATO countries, what are the chances that Finland will choose to join NATO?

Moreover (not in the poll) is it possible Sweden might actually join NATO ? (Probably more likely to happen with Finland, but there are already some signs Sweden is trying to appease Turkey to be able to get the greenlight to be accepted into NATO)

You want my personal opinion on this? I would normally have an opinion one way or the other, but in this case I would say the odds are 50/50.

Finland probably does not want to do anything to antagonize Russia, and they can be practically like a part of NATO without technically being in it.
Being in NATO would be like an official obligation and threat that the NATO countries would attack Russia if Russia ever had a military conflict with Finland. Something Russia probably already is aware is highly likely, but Russia might want to maintain the option of being able to have a smaller military conflict with its neighbors, without the threat of attack from other countries.
Also, being in NATO would probably be seen as a preliminary step before NATO (mainly the U.S. and U.K.) brought in outside military forces and built military bases in Finland, something Russia would see as unacceptable.

Harvey Weinstein's conviction, for alleged "r[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]