Are Video Games Good or Bad Overall? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Are video games good or bad in the overall grand scheme of things for those who play them?

Good
37%
Bad
21%
Maybe Bad
16%
I don't know
No votes
0%
Other (Explain)
26%
@Deutschmania There are no satanic video games and dumbassery of the 1980s showed how stupid conservatives were.
Politics_Observer wrote:@noemon

If you ever get a chance, play Diablo 4. Excellent game. I bought it yesterday evening and played it. I was told your character can go all the way up to level 100 in the game. Won't get a chance to play much of it today given I am studying for the CompTIA Sec+ exam.

Yeah, I've been thinking about it, cause I got an early access invite from Blizzard as I'm still playing StarCraft II on and off vs others.

I'm worried it will suck a lot of my time. :lol:

I still remember the "satanic" arguments since the 90's. My mum who is very christian orthodox used to go mental against Diablo.
Szabo wrote:On the topic of Christian themed games, I’ve been going crazy over Blasphemous recently. It explores and builds on the subject of religious masochism, i.e. torturing oneself as an act of ultimate penance. Might be a tad too disturbing for some of ya’ll though.
On the topic of Blasphemous, which up until now I wasn't aware of its existence , I was going to to point out that the spell casting found within its gameplay might be considered to be incompatible with Christian spiritual practice, but then I remembered powwowing , as well as certain aspects of the Charismatic movement. So while they might prefer to deem it an act of worship rather than of magick, a number of professed Christians just might say incantations. P.S. If I might mention a movie I just recently legally watched free of cost on YouTube, called "Amish Witches" . It is a supernatural thriller along similar lines to " The Blair Witch Project " . Such fantasy video games , containing Christian derived themes and imagery , reminds me of it.
- ( link to the YouTube movie I mentioned)
I think it depends on the game. Also, any good thing can be made bad by overdoing it. Ice cream, we all agree, is inherently good, but if you eat a gallon of it every night, you're not going to live very long.

Some games are essentially works of art. Take BG3. A masterpiece, but I still found myself spending too long playing it, and it affected the rest of my life negatively.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]