Where do you guys score on the Moral Foundations Test? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
Seeing that this place is filled to the brim with politics, philosophy, anthropology, and history buffs: it has made me curious to see where you guys score on this test:

"Moral Foundations Theory, developed by psychologists Jonathan Haidt and Craig Joseph, suggests that there are innate and universal psychological foundations underlying human morality. According to the theory, people's moral judgments are based on six primary foundations. In this test, you will be presented with a statement, and then will answer with your opinion on the statement from a range of Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree, with each answer slightly effecting your scores. Your final scores will be shown as a percentage for each foundation."

I don't put too much faith in the legitimacy of the test, as I don't with any personality or political test for that matter. Either way, here is my results (along with the link): https://moralfoundations.github.io/

I got my results:

https://moralfoundations.github.io/results.html

A lot less on authoritarian thought and low score on the conservative side of the spectrum of morality.

High on caring and fairness and liberty. That made sense. I think caring, fairness and liberty is far more important than authoritarian stuff and in group and exclusive stuff usually associated with conservative values. I never liked those values. For me life is about caring and freedom and nondiscrimination. Do not try to control people, tell them how to think or what to do...and do not think your group is better than the others. You will be in the wrong mindset if you do. But that is what that test is about eh?
ingliz wrote:@Tainari88

Same here.

I scored 2% for Authority

I find that interesting. You were in the British army, right? You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?

I do think the authoritarians have to justify their authority. Just blind obedience to the powers that be are not for me and never will be.

I do not like being an authoritarian. But I often have to discipline my son. I never liked it. I find it exhausting having to be controlling and dictating. I do not know how people like that at all Ingliz?
Tainari88 wrote:You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?

Yes, but that was my choice.

It doesn't mean you have to buy into the bullshit and turn into the little tin soldier.

It was just a job and all jobs have a hierarchical structure.

My mind was still my own.

And it had its perks.

Following orders can be fun sometimes. In what other job could you point a rifle at an American 2-star General's head and politely tell him to piss off and don't come back until you have the right piece of paper and a valid ID.

:lol:
Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three answers and got a different result. Hee hee.

Take the test at: moralfoundations.github.io
Explanation:

[Click on any of the statements below]

What do my results say about my ideology?

What is the meaning of the CARE foundation?

What is the meaning of the FAIRNESS foundation?

What is the meaning of the LIBERTY foundation?

What is the meaning of the IN-GROUP LOYALTY foundation?

What is the meaning of the PURITY foundation?

What is the meaning of the AUTHORITY foundation?

For any queries, email: MoralFoundationsTest@gmail.com
@Tainari88

I did the test again so you could see the results and my respect for authority has tripled. :lol:

Apropos the General ...

The US Army has a word for it - 'Malicious compliance.'

:)
FiveofSwords wrote:Well yours is similar to mine except I had a very high purity score. I'm guessing that is why I am a white suprecist and you arent.

Does that mean if I became a white supremacist, or you dropped it, we would get along?
ingliz wrote:@Tainari88

I did the test again so you could see the results and my respect for authority has tripled. :lol:

Apropos the General ...

The US Army has a word for it - 'Malicious compliance.'

:)

Hmm, Ingliz, it is a strange test. I like the political compass test better. However, none of these tests really give you an accurate picture of what a person is morally.

A person who thinks doing others harm is a good thing is sociopathic in general, yet the way they view themselves as being fair and caring when they are just garden-variety sociopaths is interesting eh?

Far more interesting is what the US Army manual says are the qualities of a good top officer in a war. It is illuminating because it compiles a lot of verified data on what is necessary for a commander to have if they are successful at leading their people.

Politicians in today's US government are almost the exact opposite of the US Army manuals guidelines. ;)
Tainari88 wrote:Hmm, Ingliz, it is a strange test. I like the political compass test better. However, none of these tests really give you an accurate picture of what a person is morally.

A person who thinks doing others harm is a good thing is sociopathic in general, yet the way they view themselves as being fair and caring when they are just garden-variety sociopaths is interesting eh?

Far more interesting is what the US Army manual says are the qualities of a good top officer in a war. It is illuminating because it compiles a lot of verified data on what is necessary for a commander to have if they are successful at leading their people.

Politicians in today's US government are almost the exact opposite of the US Army manuals guidelines. ;)

If you care about people you would want to harm the other people who threaten them.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

There has yet to be a justification for the people[…]

So far, the authors of the COLUMBIA. bill are not […]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]