What is Fascism - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What is Fascism?

Anti-Socialist Bulwork to protect capitalism
22
30%
Institutional totalitarian
24
32%
Fanaticism
2
3%
Mercantilism
No votes
0%
Socialism
7
9%
Other (please elaborate)
19
26%
User avatar
By Julian658
#15124656
Rugoz wrote:Nuclear is being phased out because it's too expensive, if you look at total lifetime costs. It's not competitive.

Meanwhile energy in France (70% nuclear) is 50% cheaper than in Germany (46% renewable). Germany puts out much more carbon than France because they still have to rely on fossil fuel to supplement renewable.
By Rugoz
#15124818
Julian658 wrote:Meanwhile energy in France (70% nuclear) is 50% cheaper than in Germany (46% renewable). Germany puts out much more carbon than France because they still have to rely on fossil fuel to supplement renewable.


Partially because the price doesn't cover all the costs, namely the cost of dismantling the reactors at the end of their lifetime and the cost of radioactive waste disposal. Moreover, new reactors are very expensive due to higher safety standards. It is also worth pointing out that if nuclear power plant operators had to buy insurance, no nuclear power plant would ever be built. The cost of a potential accident is so astronomically high, as unlikely as it may be, that no insurance company could cover it. The cost of Fukushima for example will amount to 100s of billions.

All that said, I think nuclear will remain relevant for the time being because it can provide a base load that renewables cannot.
#15126517
Fascism is a form of totalitarian dictatorial ultranationalism that holds that liberal democracy is degenerate and weak, and thus must be abolished. Fascists tend to be anti-communist, as they view it as a destructive force that seeks to destroy the nation.

While fascism can be used to protect capitalism against communism, that is not the actual purpose of the ideology, nor is it capitalism in decay. The ideology was designed to create a strong traditionalist society where the national interest reigns supreme over all other interests, including both capital or labor interests. Economically, industries are usually regulated to serve the national interest via state controlled professional organizations known as "corporations." These shouldn't be confused with capitalist corporations, even though they're usually allowed to exist under fascism.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15126536
Rugoz wrote:Partially because the price doesn't cover all the costs, namely the cost of dismantling the reactors at the end of their lifetime and the cost of radioactive waste disposal. Moreover, new reactors are very expensive due to higher safety standards. It is also worth pointing out that if nuclear power plant operators had to buy insurance, no nuclear power plant would ever be built. The cost of a potential accident is so astronomically high, as unlikely as it may be, that no insurance company could cover it. The cost of Fukushima for example will amount to 100s of billions.

All that said, I think nuclear will remain relevant for the time being because it can provide a base load that renewables cannot.

Thorium may be cheaper, safer, and and with much less nuclear waste.

BTW, the concept that Nuclear is dangerous is one of those statements people accept as truth without questioning. It is the other way around. Nuclear is the safest form of energy production.
https://ourworldindata.org/safest-sourc ... r%20energy.

https://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/kharecha_02/

https://energycentral.com/c/ec/deaths-n ... her-causes

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/th ... lion-more/
By Rich
#15126542
Random American wrote:Fascism is a form of totalitarian dictatorial ultranationalism that holds that liberal democracy is degenerate and weak, and thus must be abolished.

No its not,there was no original form, only historical confluence.
Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish wrote:Do you know what the fascism is? its the blade of Trotsky's ice pick, a story Commies and Liberals agree to tell each other over and over, until they forget that it's a lie.

There was no such thing as fascism beyond Italy. Fascism, Nazism, Salazar and Franco and Japanese ultra Nationalism had no common origin, they all had independent origins. Movements within Britain, Spain, Hungry, Romania, and Thailand may have been inspired by Mussolini, but they are not the movements we think of when we think of fascism.

Most people's conception of fascism is nothing more than halfed baked, reheated Marxism.
By Sivad
#15126543
Pants-of-dog wrote:That is another trait of fascists: they are scared of communists.


you're all fascists, the conflict between the red and brown factions of totalitarian collectivism is an internal struggle within fascism.
By Sivad
#15126550
what kid marley wrote:imo communist collectivism = good + fascist "collectivism" = evil


It's all just shit sectarian feuding within the same political cult driven by the narcissism of small differences in trivial ideological minutiae.
  • 1
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15

József Szájer is one of Orban's closest ally and a[…]

Election 2020

Actually, I don't support Trump. Then you will b[…]

@ralfy Sivad is an anti-Vaxxer. :knife: H[…]

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/C[…]