What is the biggest threat to your country? - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What do you think is the biggest threat to your country?

Terrorism
2%
Economic downturn / Unemployment
25%
Immigration
10%
Global warming
12%
Pandemia
3%
Alien invasion
7%
Poor education
20%
War
2%
Other
19%
Nine years ago, in this thread, I wrote "global warming" (along with a poster named Nets.)

This year, I would vote for "global warming" and "war" because it looks like the bankrupt banksters need to recoup their profiteering, and that is usually done (post-crash) by trashing other nations and setting up unfair trade practices with them.

The next one of these (after Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria) may be our last.
QatzelOk wrote:Nine years ago, in this thread, I wrote "global warming" (along with a poster named Nets.)

This year, I would vote for "global warming" and "war" because it looks like the bankrupt banksters need to recoup their profiteering, and that is usually done (post-crash) by trashing other nations and setting up unfair trade practices with them.

The next one of these (after Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria) may be our last.

So America.
Before and now: global warming so, you know, China and the USA.

Why don't the provincial govts with hydro electric as a crown Corps offer it for free to residents? Everybody has it, but most people I know heat with oil. Electricity ain't perfect, but it's a damn site better than diesel.
^ Are you planNing to do the same?

My parents and grandparents continued paying taxes, including school taxes for years aND even decades after we graduated.
Poor education.

This is clearly the root of every one of the other problems. Its why you see the mentality in politics that you do. I used to say the sole purpose of education was to get people employed but I disagree. We need a MAJOR focus on liberal arts and good citizenship in schools.

In fact I think we have it all wrong. We make liberal education a bump in the road a graduation requirement you have to pass so you can "get a good job" and so lazy people can have something to major in and later teach. It needs to be the centerpiece of education not just some hoop you jump through to prove to your future employer that you have a work ethic.

People criticize our education because "we aren't matching the skills to what employers want." The problem is the exact opposite. There was a time when employers trained people themselves they have farmed this out to schools and colleges. I say we shouldn't design our education around what employers want, they can train people like they did in the old days, but around what the country needs.
Stormsmith wrote:Before and now: global warming so, you know, China and the USA.

Why don't the provincial govts with hydro electric as a crown Corps offer it for free to residents? Everybody has it, but most people I know heat with oil. Electricity ain't perfect, but it's a damn site better than diesel.

If that's true the I'd definitely say China is the bigger threat out there, because it's a country with population 4x of the United States, yet many (if not most) of them aim to (economically) have an American way of life.

One America is already too much for the world, and you're telling me there's going to be FIVE of them?

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]

It is also speculation to say these humanitarian w[…]

Don't strawman me . I don't believe in genetic su[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucl[…]