#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 46 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#14952762
Bulaba Jones wrote:...banning prostitution does not work. What it does, however, is make life more dangerous for prostitutes...

Yes, and resisting rape doesn't work, and leads to more serious physical injuries, is what you're saying.

I already mentionned the only thing that will rid humanity of coerced sex: the liberalization of all consensual sexual activities.

Anything else will fail because... unnatural.

Controlling human sexuality is a form of torture. It will lead to hatred, and manifestations of hatred. Letting poor women and children sell themselves to rapists... isn't helpful at all, unless you're trying to help maintain our current social control of sexuality. Which is the central problem. It's not "bad apples" or "bad men."
#14952879
His words were more: "If prostitution is unavoidable, get some cash out of it, and enjoy it."

By doing this, he is avoiding the economic inequality and sexual reglementation that cause both rape and prostitution (which are, in this way and many others, the same phenomenon. People that pretend to "care" about prostitutes by suggesting it be liberalized... are protecting income inequality by commodifying rape as a legitimate product.
#14952930
maz wrote:Yeah, she's probably a fun gal. She might even be a good egg but there is no doubt that she latched on to this movement because she doesn't seem to have much of a career in the industry.


She didn't latch onto the movement, she was open about Weinstein raping her very early on.

I don't care about Alyssa whats-her-name either or people trying to be the face of the movement. Also Democrats can piss off. :D

The guy who wrote the article for Roosh has been vindicated 100%


Lol, no.

Drlee wrote:Utter nonsense.


Rachel Moran, a prostituted woman for, I think, 16 years, stated prostitution was being raped for a living. She's speaking nonsense, from a position of experience that Drlee has none of, because Drlee say so. :lol:

Bulaba Jones wrote:We don't live in that kind of world, and as it stands, banning prostitution does not work. What it does, however, is make life more dangerous for prostitutes because they can't rely on law enforcement and because illicit prostitution will attract more people who care less about the consequences of what they do to the women they pay for sex.


Prostituted women generally don't rely on law enforcement for fear of being arrested or worse, raped. Except in states where the Nordic model has been imposed. Also, life is already dangerous for prostituted women. :eh:
#14952935
People do realize that the very complaint "they are trying to take the power from men" justifies their entire platform, right?
#14952972
Zagadka wrote:People do realize that the very complaint "they are trying to take the power from men" justifies their entire platform, right?


Nope because it doesn't end with...

"And stand to gain nothing and lose everything, including their life, by doing so...."

It only justifies it when THAT IS THE CASE...

Just ask this man:
Image
#14952979
colliric wrote:Just ask this man:

Nope. You don't get to call people anti-Jesus AND fellate Trump.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I have no idea what that post meant

It is what we in the business call a strawman.
#14952984
Rachel Moran, a prostituted woman for, I think, 16 years, stated prostitution was being raped for a living. She's speaking nonsense, from a position of experience that Drlee has none of, because Drlee say so.


You know I work with prostitutes frequently. Many come to our clinic. Mostly homeless ones. You you bright eyed shit heads want to work for housing, job training, medical care and a living wage for all workers then just maybe you ought to stop talking about rape, get your pious noses out of the air and do something for these gals (and guys).

I get that prostitution is a shitty job. Maybe the shittiest job around. But it is not rape. You need to stop using that term. That is unless you want the term rape to include everything from tying a girl to a tree and turning a platoon of infantry on her to kissing a girl who changes her mind about being kissed.

The idiocy is staggering.
#14952989
Zagadka wrote:Nope. You don't get to call people anti-Jesus AND fellate Trump.


It is what we in the business call a strawman.


I was not saying they were anti-Jesus. I was simply referring to Jesus status as the most well known selfless individual in history who lost his life because he opposed a corrupt group of powerful men(The Jewish Sanhedrin) knowing he was risking his life.

This is the standard example of a (Jewish) man righteously risking everything and opposing the corrupt Establishment and you know it. Ok it's the best example of it, and no other example is going to live up to it(so I probably should have just let this go, but I couldn't help it OK!), but still.

To be honest with you I wasn't even arguing anything, I felt like I was just pointing out a well known fact. I'm sorry you thought it was an arguement. I apologize for being confusing.

Edit: @Drlee I agree with everything you said obviously, after all the person who I posted a picture of we all know agrees with the sentiment of your post too... pretty much said the same thing you did, lol!
#14953108
Christians for prostitution ITT. :lol:

Drlee wrote:You know I work with prostitutes frequently. Many come to our clinic. Mostly homeless ones. You you bright eyed shit heads want to work for housing, job training, medical care and a living wage for all workers then just maybe you ought to stop talking about rape, get your pious noses out of the air and do something for these gals (and guys).

I get that prostitution is a shitty job. Maybe the shittiest job around. But it is not rape. You need to stop using that term. That is unless you want the term rape to include everything from tying a girl to a tree and turning a platoon of infantry on her to kissing a girl who changes her mind about being kissed.

The idiocy is staggering.


Again, I quoted a prostituted woman of 16 years who referred to her experience as being raped for a living.

You sound as upset as the type of people who pay for prostitutes, that's all I'm getting from your overly-emotional response to what a prostituted woman referred to as her experience in prostitution.

#14953134
The problem isn't people buying or selling sex, the problem is that tolerating the sex trade opens the door to human trafficking. Prostitution should be completely legal, pimping and pandering should both be class A felonies. The only way to end human trafficking is to make buying sex too risky to even contemplate.
#14953139
skinster wrote: prostituted women aren't criminalized


They shouldn't be criminalized but there should be a mandatory 6 month inpatient treatment program for prostitutes. That would give people who are being coerced a chance to escape and it would be extremely disruptive to the organized crime rings.
#14953147
skinster wrote:The Nordic model offers prostituted women social services to help them leave prostitution, etc. :)


Sometimes voluntary services aren't enough. A mandatory stay at a battered women and children shelter would be a lot more effective. When I was a kid I stayed in a couple of them with my mom and two brothers, they're not like jail, they're nice, clean group homes for women and children.
#14953148
Another thing that would go a long way towards ending sex trafficking is immigration reform. Fear of deportation and not being able to find legitimate work traps people in sex slavery.
  • 1
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47
  • 48
  • 68

Brakes leave skid marks when applied hard... even[…]

Remember to win an election you want the support o[…]

December 12, Wednesday Secretary of State Lewis[…]

The alarmist over at Skeptical Science does the sa[…]