Do you think Donald Trump will be impeached? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Godstud wrote:Horseshit. The stock markets were already just fine prior to Trump. In fact, Trump's entry into the presidency actually caused an initial DROP in the stock market. It's recovery was not it rising, but merely bouncing back from the hit it took pre-election.

:lol: Your infection with TDS is much worse than I feared.
So according to you, the stock market "bounced back" to 25,000 ? :lol:

Godstud wrote:Forbes is about making money

Indeed, and they fear the anti globalists.
Godstud wrote: Some people are just too stupid to tell facts from fiction any more because they've bought into Trump's lies.

More Trump Derangement Syndrome.
You are unable to see the truth any more, Obama and Clinton have poisoned your mind. Sad, very sad.
Godstud wrote:
Since when is the stock market an indicator of American greatness? It'd still exist if USA burned.

I didn't bring the stock market up, you did. Just scroll up a little and look for yourself.
I think you have been exposed to too much heath over there, your brain got cooked :excited:

The funny thing is, I was not even trying to defend Trump, I was only trying to answer Heisenberg's question why do people still support him. Upon which you went totally overboard, as usual, when it is about President Trump.
Red_Army wrote:I honestly don't give a shit if he gets impeached. Mike Pence is far worse than Trump anyway. I just hope this will keep Kavanaugh from getting confirmed. That's really the only thing we can hope for with a legislature and executive filled with corrupt ghouls.

That being said if this facebook bullshit Russia collusion is what finally jails an American president I will laugh my ass off. Aiding and abetting genocide didn't do it, illegally arming and bombing dozens of countries for nonsense reasons didn't do it, lying under oath about these things didn't do it, torture, infinite domestic spying, nothing has done it yet. If some fat old dipshit accepting hacked emails from Russia to tip the electoral balance from one shit pile most unpopular candidate in US history to another is what finally jails one of these scum bags I will laugh, laugh, laugh...

:lol: :lol:
I am not authrorized to "Like" your post so here it is

:up:

Why am I not authorized to like some posts?
danholo wrote:Why am I not authorized to like some posts?

I don't think its personal. I've had many periods when I couldn't like posts. It could be a browser / OS thing, possibly something to do with flash, but I'm only speculating, I haven't looked into it.
The odds on Trump leaving the White House is 4/1 according to the bookies.
The odds on Donald Trump failing to complete his first term as president got dramatically shorter following Tuesday's explosive court developments involving his former campaign chairman and former longtime personal attorney and "fixer."
Most notably, the odds on Trump's presidency ending before the end of 2018 were cut in half by Irish bookmaker Paddy Power following a flood of bets.
The change in odds came in the wake of a remarkable afternoon in which Paul Manafort, who led Trump's campaign in the summer of 2016, was found guilty on eight fraud charges, while Michael Cohen, who worked for Trump for more than a decade, pleaded guilty to a variety of charges, including tax evasion and bank fraud, in federal court.
Worse than that for the president, Cohen directly implicated Trump in two campaign-finance law violations, claiming that the president had directed him to arrange payments to two women who alleged they had had affairs with Trump.
And those eager to make money off the downfall of the Trump presidency have signaled that they believe the president faces real peril. The odds on Trump exiting the White House in 2018 went from 10/1 to 4/1, an implied probability of 20 percent.
"Mr. Trump has had a few stormy nights during this presidency but, just as you thought he was getting on top of it, another allegation comes along," a spokesman for Paddy Power said. "Our punters, certainly, are convinced he'll be impeached—just nine people have bet against it. Though that figure would be much higher if we operated in Russia."
Other odds on Trump making an untimely exit shortened, too, following Tuesday's news. The odds on Trump failing to survive until his first term expires in January 2021 dropped from 6/4 to 5/4, an implied probability of 44.4 percent.
And the odds on Trump being impeached by the House of Representatives at any point during his first term shortened from 2/1 to 6/4, which works out to a probability of 40 percent.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-i ... gn-1085871
Even if the democrats take the house and the senate, they will have to think twice before impeaching. They will have to consider with whom they can best work; Trump or Pence. I believe they may conclude that they will find a more malleable prospect in Trump. Besides. Trump will be the devil to reelect and Pence at least has a chance. So I think they will not impeach.

But Rancid has a point. There are developments that would leave even a republican controlled house and senate no option but to impeach.

It was not the question but how about this: "Will Trump finish his term?"

If you recall the Watergate business you see a more likely scenario. Three prominent republican senators go to the Whitehouse and tell Trump he must resign. The "fix" would be in to protect Trump from prosecution and this may even extend to his children.

Will this happen? It depends on November. If the republicans see Trump as the reason for a disaster in November they may throw him over using this scenario.
Red_Army wrote:I just hope this will keep Kavanaugh from getting confirmed.

No chance of that. Kavanaugh is in like Flynt.

jimjam wrote:Putin and the IRS are the only ones who have the goods on Donald.

And apparently even that is a nothing burger.

jimjam wrote:As he tosses his loyal helpers under the bus and they swear under oath that they were simply doing his bidding, he need only lie like a dog and create a meaningless diversion for the simple minded until it blows over.

The DoJ got Cohen to cough up tapes of private attorney-client conversations and put them out there in the media and also got him to plead guilty to FTC actions that are not crimes to create the illusion of criminal activity. Yes, simple minds apparently would fall for that. That's why I looked to the futures markets to see how they were reading it. The ultra-rich don't buy it, so I don't either.

jimjam wrote:The promises he has kept are mostly to the plutocracy. He is making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Black and Hispanic unemployment rates are at record lows.

jimjam wrote:The economy is due for a "cooling off" and his economic policy of, essentially, tossing cash around has inherent limitations that could very well end up adding gasoline to a fire that will ignite regardless of who is POTUS.

Well interest rates are going up. It will put a damper on real estate prices, especially where 5/1 ARMs are prevalent. I would be buying in San Francisco, NYC, Boston or Seattle right now.

Ter wrote:The stock markets like Trump, unemployment has reduced, and so on. Obama has nothing to do with that.

Yeah. They will try to take credit for it. It never works though. I wonder why people bother.

Godstud wrote:Forbes is about making money, and if Trump was good for that, they'd be behind him 100%.

Forbes pushed for decades for a repeal of Glass-Steagel that led to the the real estate boom and bust and global financial contagion of 2008. Forbes is tied to the Bush-Clinton-Obama fake bipartisan nexus.

Drlee wrote:If you recall the Watergate business you see a more likely scenario. Three prominent republican senators go to the Whitehouse and tell Trump he must resign. The "fix" would be in to protect Trump from prosecution and this may even extend to his children.

Will this happen? It depends on November. If the republicans see Trump as the reason for a disaster in November they may throw him over using this scenario.

He will never quit. He's not their stooge now, so he will never obey them. It's just not in his DNA.
ingliz wrote:If the 'Golden Showers' video surfaces, it could be sooner.

If a Golden Shower video surfaces, I wager Trump will go up in the polls.
ingliz wrote:He will end up in court after he leaves office, when he loses the immunity provided by the office.:)

Nixon's VP (Ford) upgraded to President and pardoned Nixon from (future) prosecution

Suntzu wrote:Yep, what will he be in 2024, 80? Another 5 years for a trial, another 5 for appeal. How long do you think Trump will live? :roll:

They could start tommorow.
Trump has succeeded in alienating the US Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the head of the u.s. justice department and chief law officer of the federal government. lol

US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has responded to Donald Trump's latest attack on him by insisting that the justice department he heads will not bend to political pressure.
The apparent rebuke of Mr Trump came after the president made personal comments about him during an interview.
What did Sessions say?
"While I am attorney general, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations," Mr Sessions said in a terse two-line statement.
"I demand the highest standards, and where they are not met, I take action."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45286906

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaf[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]