Who are your ideological heroes? - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

The snake in the bible has a name: Applied Technology.

With his help, we have eaten the apple that is the earth down to the core.

Ideological heroes for this post: Ronald Wright, Club of Rome, Vandana Shiva, IPCC.
Again, I would say Obama, because his resisting is preventing another war in the ME that the political right in the US just can't cotton to. Listen to them, if you're not afraid to hear it. Obama is an illegitimate president and a Muslim and wasn't born in the US and has skin of the wrong colour* and that's why he won't go to war to protect the j--s.**

* main reason
** noun is o.k.

And I'm not being hypocritical on this issue. My other hero was Jean Chretien, without whose wise leadership of our country, we would have been duped into the second Iraq war.

And of much more pressing importance: My favourite kind of ice cream is chocalate! What's yours?
SpecialOlympian wrote:Kwatz jump away from your computer the devil is literally inside your home!!!

THERE IS APPLED TECHONGOLY IN YOUR HOME =NOW BURN IT DOWN RUN DON'T NOT LOOK BACK JUST RAN

The problem with "burning down my home" is that then I'll have nowhere to live.

See, while perfecting technology, we also perfected selfishness.

And the two are related.

Some complex ideas can't be turned into zany one-liners, and that's why you may not ever be my ideological hero, SO. But that's probably not what you're striving to be anyways, so you're succeeding in NOT being that.
Last edited by QatzelOk on 06 Jun 2013 03:14, edited 1 time in total.
I don't think the problem was with Lucifer gifting the people with the apple of knowledge, but rather with a certain character who had previously claimed that humans ought to "go forth and multiply" wildly and infinitely, and that everything was made for the purpose of being "under the dominion of man".

By writing that stuff, it prescribed from the start a total inability of certain cultures to think about existing sustainably and harmoniously on the earth.

The snake and Eve are all well and good, it's the bearded guy and Adam that I'm worried about.
[youtube]-CRPrlq5zG0[/youtube]

It is curious that the two best-known British historians in the United States are Andrew Roberts and Niall Ferguson, each of whom represents, in fact, a different school of serious historical writing, and both of whom seem to have gained for themselves, perhaps without intending to, a special reputation on the American right. Ferguson is the more “modern” of the two, a formidable compiler of facts and statistics, who tends to seek in the numbers the explanation for what happened, and to stress sociopolitical trends and economics rather than interesting “human” stories. This kind of “fact driven” history is par for the course in the American academic world, to which it migrated from Germany in the late 19th century, although Ferguson is a much livelier writer than most academic historians in this country, as well as being almost alarmingly prolific. Roberts, on the other hand, who is as much a biographer as a historian, is much more interested in writing a coherent and lively story, in keeping with the more genteel, old-fashioned tradition of writing about history in terms of great men and dramatic moments.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/05/16/the-storm-of-war-by-andrew-roberts-best-history-of-world-war-two.html
This is a debate forum, and I am calling you on your BS, Qatz. I am, in fact, your hero and you are 100% wrong.

Keep in mind, your subjective opinion is not a valid source in this argument.
I respect pragmatism and realism over dogmatism.

You might consider George Washington. I wonder if the world has ever had a more practical politician whose practicality is made more remarkable by the fact that he was absolutely aware of his place in American History.
Influences:

Decebalus:

Augustus:

Gaius Julius Caesar:

Plato:

Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia:

Niccolò Machiavelli:

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel:

Johann Gottfried Herder:

Friedrich Nietzsche:

Georg Ritter von Schönerer:

Gabriele D'Annunzio:

Georges Sorel:

Maurice Barrès.:

Charles Maurras:

Filippo Tommaso Marinetti:

Brazilian Integralists:

Francisco Franco:

Juan Perón:

A.C Cuza:

Heroes:

Nicolae Iorga:

Titu Maiorescu:

Benito Mussolini:

Corneliu Zelea Codreanu (Căpitanul!):
People I look up to include:

- Ramesses II, the Great

- Cyrus the Great

- Plato

- Madonna (Virgin Mary, Mother of God)

- Jesus Christ

- Augustus

- Marcus Aurelius

- Saint Nicholas of Myra

- Avicenna

- Saladin

- Saint Francis of Assisi

- Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor, King of Sicily and Jerusalem

- Dante Alighieri

- Alexander Nevski

- Joan of Arc

- Leonardo Da Vinci

- Niccolò Machiavelli

- Immanuel Kant

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels

- James Connolly

- Joseph Stalin

- Enver Hoxha

- Antonio Gramsci

- Julius Evola

- Palmiro Togliatti

- Pier Paolo Pasolini

- Che Guevara

- Salvador Allende

- Enrico Berlinguer

- Hugo Chavez

- Don Andrea Gallo
My ideological hero is my Grandfather.Who was a conscientious objector in WW1 and he spent a total of two years in prison.
George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff
anarchist23 wrote:My ideological hero is my Grandfather.Who was a conscientious objector in WW1 and he spent a total of two years in prison.
George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff

Maximum respect.

At the moment Jack Kevorkian is my biggest influence.
I'm old enough to outgrown considering this or that person as an ideological hero. [Ed.: That's due to the fact that Torus' 'ideology' is that of a secular humanist.] This is not to say that I don't appreciate certain characteristics of particular people. The late Mr. William F. Buckley, Jr. comes to mind for his ability to use the English language in an erudite manner while advancing his views. Mohandas Gandhi gets the nod for his understanding of the character of the British people and his ability to use that to free his country from their rule. Thomas Paine had the ability to turn a phrase with, at times, a wry sense of humor. And of course there's Sir Winston Churchill. His comment, during a speech in which he was castigating the Axis leaders, is a classic: "And Mussolini, Hitler's [long pause] Hitler's utensil, ..." sets a very high bar.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
I've never had ideological heroes. Nor any heroes of any sort for that matter.

I recall when I was kid, I played baseball. I really enjoyed playing it. I recall all the other kids gushing over Barry Bonds, or Mark McGuire, or Mike PIazza, this person and that person. I just never gave a fuck about that. I also play guitar, lots of people have "guitar heroes" that they look up to. I have none. Learn from others, don't idolize them.

If you spend your life trying to emulate others, you will never find yourself.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]