What America has to gain - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Ignominious
I am sure that America is fighting with Iraq, not over "weapons of mass destruction" or "Humanitarian aid". They are in it for something.

The most popular one is oil. There is about 4 trillion dollars worth of oil in Iraq. But how would invading them allow them to control oil?

Post here what you think they are in this war for, and please give as much evidence and resources as possible.
By Adrien
Well, i think they will create a pro-american governement at the end of the war (assuming everything will go like they planned), in order to get oil more easily and maybe cheaper.

But they are also here to have a point of influence in the Middle-East, and maybe to use Irak as a Palestinian state to leave Israel alone.
By gqtie
I think the reasons are numerous and collectively outway global condemnation. Control of oil, Israel safer, assured continuation of dollar hegemony, strengthened US hegemony over region, dismantling of OPEC, a step closer to Armageddon with Jews converting to Christianity.
By matt
you mean the U.S aren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts?!? get out!! :moron:
By KurtFF8
Siberian Fox wrote:
i dont think its for oil

With all respect Kurt, what you think doesn't mean jack if you don't explain WHY. The same goes for anyone who posts "I think [insert half a sentence here]" and gives no supporting evidence.

well first of all, we wouldnt get away with taking all of it, and 2nd off, it wouldnt pay for the war itself making it pointless.

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]