Superpower to oppose the US - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Generalissimo Talonius
Ya know, there is an interesting article about why America will eventually collapse, and the reasons for the collapse of every empire from Egypt tp Rome. However, I will refrain from posting it publicily, because I just know there will be backlash from it, because it is taken from a website about the history of the white race ( and I know liberals think that anything associated with whites is evil and that we have nothing to be proud of ). So if there are any people willing to read a well thought out article about the life of empires and racial homogenity ( actually, there are about 70 articles on this site ), just PM, I'll send ya all the links ( wouldnt want all the damned bleeding hearts getting offended ...)

Ach ... bleeding heart liberals <----------- :knife: :knife: :knife:
By Vassili Zaitsev
When America collapses it will go from 50 states, to 50 independant nations.
By sokath
Vassili Zaitsev wrote:When America collapses it will go from 50 states, to 50 independant nations.

That's a really debatable point. Maybe when the 13 colonies got together to form the Union they were all different, but now they've become such an indistiguishable amalgam that I doubt that there'd be more than 5 separate areas.

But the thought of the United States collapsing? Doubtful. Very doubtful.

S./
Not likely - more like regions. The Left Coast would be one country ( Washington, California, Oregon ). The Rocky Mountain States, Deep South plus Texas, New England, Mid-West, Great Plains, and Alaska and Hawaii ( which have cultures so different that they might as well be seperate countries.). Hawaii could be grouped with our Pacific colonies thougth too, like American Somoa and so forth . So what, that makes ... 8 Countries. I think that is more reasonable than 50 countries, because it's not so much the state that defines an Americans culture, but the region ( as mentioned above. ) .

BTW Sokath, culture varies greatly region from region, ie, California is absolutely nothing like New England or the South. It's a very varied culture, but foreigners like to see it as homogenous, which it isnt ( which will eventually be its downfall. Empires can't last forever. ) .
By sokath
I was hoping that by stating that I thought there wouldn't be more than five countries I would intimate that I figured there were about five different areas. Reading the post now, it certainly doesn't come off that way. Heh.

Either way, I recognize the differences and rather should have said, many areas have become indistiguishable amalgams.

S./
By CasX
MasonicEye wrote:No one will ever oppose us again, we are seeing to that. You're next, Russia. We will destroy you so that you will never be able to challenge us again.

I hope you're just being really sarcastic, otherwise you're a total moron.

In fact, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
By ahab
http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.1 ... detail.asp

interesting article, talks about hard power and soft power and how no nation can currently oppose the US on hard power right now and the US knows it and is exploiting it

and for you Russia fans:
Putin understands that the return to great power will be a long road, and his first purpose is to make Russia prosper economically. Even should Russia wish to oppose America again in the future, a premature attempt to do so would abort the effort.
By Mr. Smith
The new countries would be.

North Eastern States of America
Southern States (Confederacy)
Texas
Mid West
Central
West Coast

Early in the game several countries would be occupied such as the mid west and central, and probably in 75 years or so the states would be re-united.
By the SovieT
Yes in the old years of the republic the american imperialism was contained.. if they wanted to stick theyr nooses at somewhere they would have to do it indirectly...
now that no power stops U$A theonly thing taht can stop them is a peoples unification... wich will be very hard to do without a proper state...

people always bitched about the Soviet Union and how it wasnt free...
yet now we see who is the real imperialist agressor...
By MasonicEye
Here is my theory. The US will continue to expand and grow, it will use it's military might to enforce it's god-loving principles on the whole world and force the Chinese with their little nuclear weapons to behave or else.

Any country that clings to Klan hatred will be plunged into poverty because they will be expending their vital energies building things to destroy their wealth. Sexual selection still takes place, even during peace, in fact, it takes place in a much more orderly fashion. Evolution accelerates during peace. It's during war that ugly, beastly morons get to rape women and spread their defective genes. In fact, that is the whole purpose of war.
people always bitched about the Soviet Union and how it wasnt free...

I think it was more that they kept each other in check, don't you think ? Because there was Soviet imperialsm, lest we forget ( Afghanistan for example ) . The US wasnt the only bad guy during the Cold War.
By Vassili Zaitsev
Doubtful Sokath? So was the downfall of the Soviet Union. I mean if you were to go back to 1985 and say, "In less then 10 years, Russia will be a independant Capitalist society". Everyone would laugh at you. So yes, I think it is possible.
By CasX
The Soviet wrote:people always bitched about the Soviet Union and how it wasnt free...

Er...yes. The US invading Iraq explains just why you couldn't publicly criticise the Communist Party and it's leadership :eh:

This is completely irrelavent.

And the Cold War aggressor? Both. USSR and USA, one in the same. Both were major powers trying to control and bend the will of smaller nations for their own gain, which is imperialism. Where's Che Guevara when you need him?
By CasX
The thing that will really make China the superpower of the future is education. China has been pouring huge amounts of money and resources into education, and it's future is full of the best and brightest scientists and thinkers.

I'll have to find some statistics.
By Boondock Saint
My vote for next superpowers ...

China - they are on their way and actually fit the definition. No nation could militarily defeat China conventionally. Keep in mind, I said conventionally. If somehow the US were able to defeat the massive Chinese army with air power then occupying that nation would be the next task ... IMHO an impossible task ... for any foreign power at this current time in history.

But, China has historically and culturally not been imperialist ... imperialist or at least out going in the world theater is important for a world super power ... aside from Taiwan and Tibet China is pretty happy where it is ...

Nothing is stopping Japan at this point, they can do as they please and once the tv and car industry begins to tank we may very well see teh empire of the rising sun arise once again.

Russia? Eh, frozen wasteland ... perhaps wth a massive industrial boost and alot of western money they could return to some former glory.

Nothing on Africa ...

SA (south America) wont be allowed to breed a super power ...

And, thats it ... The EU is a possiblilty but ... more likly it wont pan out ...

As for the US falling into dismay and breaking apart ... I cant see it ... I could see the US military losing some sway ... but I cant see the US federal gov't losing its grip on the nation ... after all the people of the US dont want to be anything other then Americans ...

The idea that there are great cultural differences between different regions of the US is greatly misleading ... sure there are some but nothing deep ... the deepest rift is between the north and the south ... due mostly to the souths inablity to live with the fact it lost the civil war ... but in the end an American from Oregon is really no different then an American from NY ...

Now, someone can try and tell me I am wrong ... but ... being an American in NY and knowing people from Oregon and from all over the US ... you would need to convince me that my own life experiences were false ... good luck.

Its not like the cultural differences found in europe ... there is one major language which all citizens are supposed to know (some dont) ... there is no deep and long history of warfare between the peoples ... so ... I dont know what to tell you ... the US will be around for a long time ... falling from the level of super power doesnt mean the US needs to fall out of existance ...
OK, well I am a Californian, and I have been into outlying states many a time, and I notice a significant difference just by going to Oregon or Nevada, though it is nothing extreme, it doesn lend to certain "regional identedies ". Even the accents in each region vary slightly. Example : in California, people generally pronounce the word "milk" as "mehlk" ( similar to the e in "get" ), while a Nevadan says it much softer ( like "mihlk" ) . Plus, in California, there are food that you will find nowhere in Nevada. Its nothing extreme, but it is noticeable.

https://youtu.be/zKwZH8MvPj8?si=pR50awzGXEk26OHX […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]