America - Ultimate Lesson from a Nazi - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

"Naturally the common people don't want war--neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
-Herman Goering
Nuremburg Trails

This is (in my opinion) a view of exactly what is going on right now. You all can ponder and discuss that...
By Gabriel Parks
Agreed, it is quite the valid point, however the comparisons to the Nazi's get some what over used and I don't believe that the issues are quite that clear cut. I can't remember just where I saw it but I remember reading about how the US imported a bunch of Nazi scientists during the restoration project, and I have always found it quite humourous that the US mass media is very much modelled after Goebbles' propaganda machine.
By ahab
Gabriel Parks wrote:I can't remember just where I saw it but I remember reading about how the US imported a bunch of Nazi scientists during the restoration project
Bigtime. It is supprisingly easy to call the space shuttle a Japanese machine as one of the major scientists for it was from WWII era Japan that helped Japan develop it's own rocket program. This also happened with jet engine and areodynamic scientists. Hardly any of the scientists that worked for Germany were Nazi, and most of them were forced.

Erwin Rommel, one of Nazi Germany's greatest generals, was a firm anti-Nazi.
By Switters
Yeah I remember seeing this cartoon from the 60s on this documentary about the cold war. An american kid says to a german kid "our German-scientists are better than your German-scientists"
By sokath
Oh Oppenheimer... and he has such a nice mutual funds company too... :lol:

S./
By Boondock Saint
Great quote. I dont think the nazi regime and the Bush regime compare evenly, Bush is alot nicer then Hitler, regardless of what anyone says ...

But the general idea is true and IMO is a glimmer into the reality that all gov'ts in this world regardless of what they call themselves still rule the land as a monarchy of old would.
By KurtFF8
Switters wrote:"our German-scientists are better than your German-scientists"

heh thats good

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]