Excellent quotes you endorse? - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I am glad to see this thread pop back up. It is pre-Trump and the quotes by conservatives here are informative. Is this era of racism and homophobia I am proud to have posted this earlier in the thread.

Homophobia is the fear that one might be allowed to do something they do not want to do, with someone they do not like under circumstances they can't imagine, and acting to protect others from the same unimaginable horror.
Attributed to Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi; That which you do for me but without me, you do to me.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.
"Music scenes ain't real life, they won't get rid of the bomb; won't eliminate rape or bring down the banks.
Any kind of real change takes more time and work than changing channels on a TV set."

- Jello Biafra
Drlee wrote:I am glad to see this thread pop back up. It is pre-Trump and the quotes by conservatives here are informative. Is this era of racism and homophobia I am proud to have posted this earlier in the thread.

Quoteth I - "I'm pretty sure that homophobia outside of secret gays too afraid to admit their deviance is non existent, at least on an individual basis . Replace it with 'self hatred projected onto others' and it would be more accurate as a label, vs 'homophobe'.

I'm yet to meet a homophobe who's not also a secret fudge packer. So in effect the only people hatefully dissing gays are gays. Individuals who are not self hating gays frankly don't care unless it impinges on their traditions or cultural sphere, eg. institutions such as marriage. Even then they will be opposed to gay marriage or gay couple adoption of minors, rather than gays themselves.

And this can be extrapolated further, to labels such as 'transphobe', 'racist', 'fascist', etc. Just pure unadulterated PROJECTION. See antifa, which openly utilizes fascist tactics to fight its perceived enemies."
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 21 Sep 2020 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:
"If I had a dollar for every woman that has found me unattractive, I would be attractive."

- Random comment on youtube

That's the best line I've seen in days. Image
"If there were only darkness, then all would be clear. It is because there is not only darkness but also light that our situation becomes inexplicable." - Samuel Beckett.
I have found it of enormous value when I can permit myself to understand another person.

Our first reaction to most of the statements which we hear from other people is an immediate evaluation, or judgment, rather than an understanding of it. When someone expresses some feeling or attitude or belief, our tendency is, almost immediately, to feel "That's right"; or "That's stupid"; "That's abnormal"; "That's unreasonable"; "That's incorrect"; "That's not nice." Very rarely do we permit ourselves to understand precisely what the meaning of his statement is to him. I believe this is because understanding is risky. If I let myself really understand another person, I might be changed by that understanding. And we all fear change. ...It is not an easy thing to permit oneself to understand an individual, to enter thoroughly and completely and empathically into his frame of reference. It is also a rare thing."
-Carl Rogers

"If One Is Truly to Succeed in Leading a Person to a Specific Place, One Must First and Foremost Take Care to Find Him Where He is and Begin There.
This is the secret in the entire art of helping.
Anyone who cannot do this is himself under a delusion if he thinks he is able to help someone else. In order truly to help someone else, I must understand more than he–but certainly first and foremost understand what he understands.

If I do not do that, then my greater understanding does not help him at all. If I nevertheless want to assert my greater understanding, then it is because I am vain or proud, then basically instead of benefiting him I really want to be admired by him.
But all true helping begins with a humbling.
The helper must first humble himself under the person he wants to help and thereby understand that to help is not to dominate but to serve, that to help is a not to be the most dominating but the most patient, that to help is a willingness for the time being to put up with being in the wrong and not understanding what the other understands."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Wellsy wrote:...with one’s own eyes ...- Goethe

And this is because of the power of mass media and social norms to distort your understanding of the world around you.

You end up losing your eyes (your inner compass) in order to ride the bandwagon that is society.

Before technology, and before mass media & religion, the bandwagon of society was a product of natural human relationships and observation of nature.

The text hadn't reared its ugly head yet.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.’ - Jeremy Clarkson
One of the greatest poets that ever lived. Miguel Hernandez:

9. Aquí estoy para vivir mientras el alma me suene, y aquí estoy para morir, cuando la hora me llegue, en los veneros del pueblo desde ahora y desde siempre.

Una frase realmente muy bonita en la que Hernández nos habla sobre sus intenciones de vivir la vida al máximo.

Translation: Here I am to live life while my soul still vibrates, and here I am to die when the time comes, from the origin of my town today and always. Miguel Hernandez.

This is a very pretty phrase where Hernandez is talking about his intentions to live his life to the fullest.
QatzelOk wrote:And this is because of the power of mass media and social norms to distort your understanding of the world around you.

You end up losing your eyes (your inner compass) in order to ride the bandwagon that is society.

Before technology, and before mass media & religion, the bandwagon of society was a product of natural human relationships and observation of nature.

The text hadn't reared its ugly head yet.

Maybe it was bandwagon for cavemen to rape their wives.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Maybe it was bandwagon for cavemen to rape their wives.

It certainly is "bandwagoning" behavior to smear the types of human societies that existed before cities and specialization.

It's like our urban and career cages provoke us to *bark at every mention of real freedom.*
"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."

Oh please post those too :lol: Very obvious p[…]

No, it does not. It is governed by the rather vagu[…]

Go tell this to all states that have establishe[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]