Please sign my petition. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Demosthenes
Why would I want to sign some rediculous document that ignores the fact that we live under a Republic, which means there is an electoral college. This is well known to most people of average intelligence and political knowledge. I love the electoral college, it gives people in small cities or states an equal voice in the elections but I don't care that much if we go to a direct election for the president, just don't try to do it during an election. It makes you look like a sore loser.
By Krasniy Yastreb
I don't know why the Electoral College is used so much as a defence for Bush's theft of power. The Electoral College decided who won, not the US people. The fact the people influence the Electoral College is not good enough. The US people did not directly elect Dubya, therefore his rise to power was undemocratic. It's as simple as that, people. :roll:
By DTguitarist99
I don't agree with the electoral college, but thats beside the point. Bush won the election using the existing system that had elected all other presidents before him. If you don't like the electoral college, attack the electoral college. But don't attack Bush for winning using the electoral college.
By Demosthenes
Or if you attack Bush, then attack all previous presidents before him, did you not read my post? You can't change the process in the middle of an election. Change it or don't...whatever, just quit whining about loosing using a process that has elected ALL previous presidents.

as a defence for Bush's theft of power. The Electoral College decided who won, not the US people. The fact the people influence the Electoral College is not good enough. The US people did not directly elect Dubya, therefore his rise to power was undemocratic.
You don't know much about the working of our government do ya? We're a Republic, not a Democracy. A Republic with democratic processes. That means your allogation of "theft of power" is baseless unless you say all presidents before him also "stole power". So either formulate an argument that is logical or quit whining.
By Krasniy Yastreb
Most if not all Republics I know of have their leader elected by the people. And I did not say the US was supposed to be a democracy. True democracies put referenda to their people on all major issues.

What really annoys me is the impression given by US media propaganda that the US is a democracy, and that the whole electoral college thing is used as evidence of this. I am fully aware the US is a republic and I'm glad you are too.
By Demosthenes
Ok, fair enough. I can wholheartly agree that the media is a problem.
By Ymir
"Or if you attack Bush, then attack all previous presidents before him, did you not read my post? You can't change the process in the middle of an election. Change it or don't...whatever, just quit whining about loosing using a process that has elected ALL previous presidents."

"I don't agree with the electoral college, but thats beside the point. Bush won the election using the existing system that had elected all other presidents before him. If you don't like the electoral college, attack the electoral college. But don't attack Bush for winning using the electoral college."

The electoral college didn't solve anything. The Supreme Court of the United States declared George Bush the winner of the election. That has never happened before. George Bush Jr. was not elected, he was appointed.
By DTguitarist99
The electoral college didn't solve anything. The Supreme Court of the United States declared George Bush the winner of the election. That has never happened before. George Bush Jr. was not elected, he was appointed.

Not exactly. The election was statistically a tie, since 2% of ballots total in the US don't register for various reasons. There was no way of determining exactly who won when it was so close, and any manual recount would be subjective and unfair. This is why the supreme court voted to stop the recount. They didn't appoint him, he just recieved more votes in the unbiased machine recount.

If the Supreme COurt had "appointed" Gore instead of Bush, would any leftists claim he had stole the election? I wouldn't claim he did either. The system is democratic in the US, but it runs into problems when the election becomes very close. Any winner that emerges from that mess in a close race did not steal the election, he just won according to the existing rules. To make it more fair, the electoral college should be abolished, and we should have completely electronic voting that is invulnerable to hackers. I doubt this will happen though, since it would require an amendment to the Consitution and therefore the approval of 3/4 of the states.
It also helped the Republicans that Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris
Enlisted Republican Party connected DBT/Choicepoint to illegally remove 57,000 blacks from the voter rolls before the election. If these blacks had voted Gore would have gotten 90 percent of those votes and Bush 10 percent and Bush would have lost big in Florida. Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris knew this and did their dirty work before the election which allowed the election to get so close and hand the election to the Right Wingo Supreme Court. "Oh Dear, we can't have Al Gore win, I need to retire to Arizona"

By KurtFF8
even if the petition was passed, it wouldnt effect anything, thats not how it works.
By grinner
Lets not kid ourselves into really believing Bush Jr. actually won an election where the majority of we, the people voted for him. I do hope it's obvious he paid top dollar for office... well his Daddy did anyway.
Brother Jeb just kinda did what he had to do to secure the deal. Worked out just fine for em till he found he had the task of cleaning up his Dad's mess in the middle east. While this petition does nothing, it does as much as voting. I'd like one of those coins.
By Proctor
You're not very optimistic when it comes to politics are you grinner?
By grinner
Optomism towards liars is foolish.
No, I'm not.

...but peace, love and happy stuff anyway!

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]

Like all the fake messiahs of commercial media, M[…]

^ :lol: The only response pathetic Zionists des[…]

Why is it that only propagandist accounts are the […]