great britain - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By einstein
Great Britain is in need for a strong and firm right winged party to pick it up, I mean old people can’t go out in the street at night without being mugged, the nazi party is a good example, just as firm but not as violent (and less into genocide).
It would have to be a democracy, (but with just the people that have taken intelligence tests and have passed to be able to vote) with strict and fair rules.
By saying that the nazi party is a good example I mean putting two people into the same job, fighting for his approval was a stroke of genius, the one who could get the most done would be the best.
Police officers should be respected by the youth instead of abused, I do not know how but it has to happen for this nation to grow into a respectful one.

End rant
By Truth-a-naut
The Fascist Party did the same without all the Genocide (well sort of, until Mussolini did that token anti-semitism bs)
By Al Khabir
If i said this was double-plus good I would be con-speaking.

WOuld you really like to live in a nation without a real fair choice, with a secret police that could arrest you for no reason and detain you for years without trial, that sanctions and practices torture, that supports brutal dictators and launches bloody and unnessasary wars? Openly I mean, or we might as well be talking about the U$A!

As a Communist Platonist I think we all realise that the great majority of people are arses. The idea of calling it a democracy but restricting voting rights seems a little silly to me though. Perhaps tests for all candidates for public office would be preferable?
By Demosthenes
Two people with the same avatar should not be allowed to post back-to-back..it's quite confusing...Goldstein, Al Khabir, Al Khabir, Goldstein, all seeing eye...doh! :?:
By Truth-a-naut
Can you feel the love?
I can't :*(

To much state controlled order although contrary to belief is rather ineffiecent.
By Boondock Saint
First, I am not capable of feeling love.

Second ... too much state conrol in inefficeint?

WHAT??

Like the Soviet Union?

Like Nazi Germany?

Inefficient my ass ...

Its as efficeint as it gets ... so long as you don't have fat lazy politicians in there ...

There are many things to say about nationalism ... many of them bad ... but at least you can say that eveyone works to improve all aspects of the national infrastructure.

As opposed to some forms of gov't where all tehy do is strive to line their own pockets and then actually blame the people for their own failings ...
By Truth-a-naut
Both the SU and Nazi Germany were centralized, when a authoritarian state is extremely centralized (Berlin, Moscow) it require a bureaucracy(sp?) to help maintain itself, that alone creates red tape, now add the usual dose of corruption that seems to be inherent in a bureaucracy.
All that was really 'efficeint' about Nazi Germany was its Genocidal and War mongering policies.

Now an Orwellian system would be efficeint..... not the hack jobs mentioned above.
By Boondock Saint
Not efficeint?

In what way?

The feats achieved by the Soviets and the Nazis (calm down commies I am not comparing Soviets to Nazis in any way other then their amazing achievments in such a short time) in such a short time is unseen anywhere else ...

I mean single handedly the Nazi regime brought the entire world screaming into the late 20th century!

Who developed Jet engines? Who developed rockets? Hell, who was using mustard gas in teh PREVIOUS world war? Who woke the world up to the value of the batlle tank?

I understand its all war mongering but still ... you could not have done all that without efficiency ... they built walls, sea fortifications, massive massive infrastructure ...

And the Soviets did all that AND won a war!

I would say if you want to see the epitomy of inefficiency look to peace time USA (if the US is not involved in a WORLD WAR then it is in peace).

Look at the domestic policies ... rediculous.

I will take bets now that in the next 20 years the Eastern powergrid goes out again! Why? SImple ... red tape and bull shit.

No feckin way Hitler would have tolerated that shit in Nazi Germany!

Nor Stalin!

Hell I bet good ol Teddy R. wouldnt allow it in the US ... but ... we don't have presidents like that anymore ...
By Al Khabir
What about a strong left wing party? Contrary to popular opinion all of the major Nazis spent a lot of time lining their pockets with public money, as did the Soviet beaurocracy. What makes them amazing is that they managed to make their respective nations world powers in between all this!
By DC26
We already have a right-wing party,the fact that its not strong is because most peaple can see through the short-sighted, backdated policies that Duncan-Smith and his other zombies come up with.Oh and theres the BNP,if you want Nazis in power vote for them :roll: .

What Brittish politics needs to do is sort its self out,at the moment we have one right-wing party,a left-wing party with a centre right leader who doesn't listen to the peaple(which is par for the course i guess), a third party living in cloud cuckoo land and an unelected second house making decisions for its own selfish reasons.
By Mr. Smith
I would call both Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union efficient. The USSR only being efficient during Stalins tenure. The 5 Year Plans resulted in a massive increase of production and Stalin did his best to build housing and try to slightly improve the standard of living. The war destroyed much of the apartment blocks which is why Kruschev had such a shortage on his hands.

Nazi Germany very quickly rearmed and many of his pet projects (the authbahn) where quickly and efficiently built up.

By literal deffinition it's efficient. By ethical standards maybe not as much.
By Al Khabir
I would not call stalins policies efficient because I believe he could have acheived far more than he did if he had not used such brutal methods (in collectivisation for example). He acheived a lot but he could have done better.

The articles presented by Five, are about failed […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]