Why don't people care?? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Falleen Prince Xizor
I never really knew if the Hammer and sickle was a symbol composed by the early "true" communists or was it a tool of stalinist propoganda?
By TROI
we broke from the tyranny of a dictatorship

HA!

Matt
By Al Khabir
UNfortunately there is something we all eventually come to learn about people- The majority of human beings do not care what their fellwo man has to go through. In fact, most people dont even care what people right next door are going through, as long as they are not freinds, they do not have to talk to them and their own lives are comfortable. It is only when these three are broken that revolutionary tensions will begin.

This uncaring nature applies to the majority of all people- and it does not matter what class it is they are coming from, the majority from ALL classes are apathetic.
By Boondock Saint
Al Khabir wrote:UNfortunately there is something we all eventually come to learn about people- The majority of human beings do not care what their fellwo man has to go through. In fact, most people dont even care what people right next door are going through, as long as they are not freinds, they do not have to talk to them and their own lives are comfortable. It is only when these three are broken that revolutionary tensions will begin.

This uncaring nature applies to the majority of all people- and it does not matter what class it is they are coming from, the majority from ALL classes are apathetic.

I would and would not agree ... strange eh?

For example, the attacks on 9/11 happened to Americans and primarily those who live in NY and Washington. Yet there was an outpouring of care to the people of NY and DC from their fellow country men and what seemed an outpouring of care from the world to the US.

I would say that most apathy comes from a lack of knowledge and a mind set that 'out of sight out of might' applies to suffering.

That neighbor thing does not apply here where I live ... and I live in one of the most heartless areas of the states ... well, not heartless but most certainly aggressive and apathetic.

Anyway, sorry ... I lost my train of though ... watching American football ...
By Al Khabir
I suppose so- but then 11/9 was a vary rare sort of event- like the death of Princess Diana (although that seemed a little strange to me). It was a vast human trajedy that crossed national borders and usual petty politics. Sadly things like this happen once every few years, but are rarely given the same greif by many.

He's not going to get 12 years. Relax. Yeah, the[…]

And there is clear and objective differences bet[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]