Ignoring a Brexit Vote - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By ingliz
By blocking up the parliamentary legislative timetable for years, pro-European MPs and some government sources believe it may be possible to use the Commons to scupper a referendum vote to quit the European Union.

Pro-EU MPs could stage guerrilla campaign to reverse Brexit decision

:lol:
By Albert
I would expect no less from morons in parliament to undermine democratic process that proceeds against their designs. Nothing wrong with "guided democracy" if the British do it, but god forbid if countries like Russia or others that the British government finds hostile do it. Then they bring out the whole critical charade of "human rights" violation and "subjugation of democracy" on that country.

If this is not a sign of failed system then I do not know what is. Even an EU is a failed structure that can not even do a simple function as to protect its external borders. I'm more growing to see that we really need to replace the current Liberal Democratic system with something else, even dictatorship looks good if it can function properly.
By Heinie
It was most democratic of the English Conservative Party to allow the general public to sort out their internal Tory squabble over EU membership. This referendum is a completely unnecessary botheration.
By Baff
A referendum was promised by all parties before signing the EU treaty.
Without a referendum, no UK political party has mandate to govern here. And the only person who has electoral mandate to negotiate with the EU on Britain's behalf is Nigel Farage.

It is needed.
It should not have been needed, we should not have joined. But we have, so it is.
Heinie wrote:It was most democratic of the English Conservative Party to allow the general public to sort out their internal Tory squabble over EU membership. This referendum is a completely unnecessary botheration.

Doing whatever is most popular is not an unreasonable way to deal with a divided party. :lol:
KlassWar wrote:Doing whatever is most popular is not an unreasonable way to deal with a divided party. :lol:

This referendum has torn England asunder. I have never seen such brazen xenophobic racism given so much airtime in the English media. It has been divisive, bitter, and no good will come of it.
By Dave
Brazen xenophobic racism is a feature, not a bug of Brexit. Europe, including the UK, is under invasion--and has been for decades. Noemon has rightly pointed out that this is mostly an own goal for the UK and not the fault of the EU, but the EU has become a convenient scapegoat for the crime of immigration.

"Divisive" and "bitter" are weasel words used by supporters of the status quo to attempt table any challenge to the status quo. Meaningful political change is always divisive, and the losing side is generally bitter about losing.

Not sure why you Germans are so panicked about Brexit anyway. Perhaps you should take a page from Adolf Hitler (another German chancellor who was made TIME's Man of the Year, like your current leader Angela "Bring in the Orcs" Merkel) and leave England out of your schemes for European domination.
Dave wrote:Brazen xenophobic racism is a feature, not a bug of Brexit. Europe, including the UK, is under invasion--and has been for decades. Noemon has rightly pointed out that this is mostly an own goal for the UK and not the fault of the EU, but the EU has become a convenient scapegoat for the crime of immigration.

"Divisive" and "bitter" are weasel words used by supporters of the status quo to attempt table any challenge to the status quo. Meaningful political change is always divisive, and the losing side is generally bitter about losing.

Not sure why you Germans are so panicked about Brexit anyway. Perhaps you should take a page from Adolf Hitler (another German chancellor who was made TIME's Man of the Year, like your current leader Angela "Bring in the Orcs" Merkel) and leave England out of your schemes for European domination.

Since you dismiss the bitter division this unnecessary referendum has caused among the English as inconsequential, I take it you place no value in national unity. Many English are like you. Their country is class-obsessed with those who have privilege and groomed by private schools to become the elite high achievers and natural rulers. It is a fractured country with no concept of society either at home or with their neighbors. They are doing us a favor by getting out.
By Dave
I place great value on national unity, which starts with having a nation in the first place. The struggle for national freedom inevitably creates division between patriots and compradors. Your country struggled with this for centuries when Germany was a playground for foreign armies, and there were many German nobles and clerics who opportunistically allied themselves with foreign armies for private gain. We are facing this issue in my country right now. You Germans appear to believe that national unity involves the entire nation goose stepping in perfect order to the commands of your dear leader. But hey, it almost worked out for you guys so who am I to criticize. :D

I have no disagreement with you about England's bizarre class obsessions and division. Looking at our cousins from across the pond I wonder what the hell went wrong. :lol:
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Just like the Scottish referendum has torn Scotland assunder.

You are mistaken; the referendum on Scottish independence in which English politicians promised the Scots that they will be able to remain in the European Union should vote NO, was not characterized by the racist xenophobia which we see dividing the English with this EU referendum.
By Dave
What's your point?

You're acting like there's something wrong with racist xenophobia. :eh:

Wogs begin at Calais and the English have a right to keep demented Continentals off their island.
Heinie wrote:You are mistaken; the referendum on Scottish independence in which English politicians promised the Scots that they will be able to remain in the European Union should vote NO, was not characterized by the racist xenophobia which we see dividing the English with this EU referendum.

Leaving aside what appears to be a decidedly racist attitude towards the English on your part, I'll let you work out yourself why immigration was not an issue in the Scottish referendum. It shouldn't be too hard.
Well it's not legally binding. Certainly with the media moguls like Rupert Murdoch pushing hard there will be the temptation to pretend to be different and not rabble-roused by the tabloids into leaving.

This Pic says it all;

By Decky
Don't you know Dave? Nationalism is only allowed for God's chosen people/ "the master race".
By Dave
Theodor Herzl believed the problem with the jews was they didn't have their own country and that once they did they would be similar to gentile nationalities.

Hillaire Belloc thought an independent jewish state would instead clarify the independent character of jews.

Now here we have a self-identified zionist (who doesn't live in Israel) attack the English for nationalism.

Looks like Belloc won that round.
Good. This whole thing is a dangerous waste of time. I've already explained to everyone that the result will be remain.however, if something did go horribly wrong then we should ignore stupid democracy and do the sensible thing.

Europe s needs to stick together as our relative power declines.

Also, dead eyed Eastern European migrants are far preferable to North Africans and worse. They are also much easier on the eye.
By Heinie
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Leaving aside what appears to be a decidedly racist attitude towards the English on your part, I'll let you work out yourself why immigration was not an issue in the Scottish referendum. It shouldn't be too hard.

You failed to read my comment in context; I was contending that there was no xenophobia marking the Scottish independence referendum in contrast to the current unnecessary European Union referendum. There is no puzzle about it.
Dave wrote:Now here we have a self-identified zionist (who doesn't live in Israel) attack the English for nationalism.

People can be nationalists if they want, just don't expect me to swallow contradictory arguments. Which Brexit people tend to deploy.

It has become a violent, heated, circular joke

Everybody is a little bit mixed.

There are some here who are applying for permanen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So if they are disarming the Ukrainian army why i[…]

The IDF did not raid the hospital until February 1[…]