The Real War on Science - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

AJS wrote:It's not only "deniers" who receive generous funding.
Eddie Bernays, the founder of modern propaganda wrote:The best defense against propaganda: more propaganda.

It would be foolish and naive not to engage in a propaganda war. But such wars leaves it up to the individual to sort out fact from fiction; reality from propaganda. And most individuals are not trained in doing that. And even when trained, many have not the wherewithal, the time, or the inclination to do so. In my opinion, most individuals are pretty darned poor at it and most of them don't care.
Sorry... my overly cynical side is making an appearance today.
If there is EVIDENCE out there that climate science is wrong, please, put it out here, source it, mention it, let's have it.

But saying maybe this is so or otherwise just doesn't cut it, it just makes the sayer look silly. To repeat my favorite american saying, "maybe doesn't make it so".

To turn to another angle of this issue, the climate change that has already happened in the last 30 years or so - and which climate science has predicted or so I'm told (I won't swear to it) - changes that have occurred in the past 30 years are in some parts of the world enormous and unprecedented.

Does ANYONE have ANYTHING that explains these changes other than anthropogenic global warming?
This is good news, though:

Congress Just Ignored Trump And Boosted America's Science Funding
Here are the highlights:

The National Institute of Health (NIH) has had its spending increase by $2 billion to a total of $34 billion. Trump requested this to be cut.
NASA has been granted $19.7 billion in funding, an increase even on what Obama requested. Of this, $5.8 billion is set aside for science research, including $1.9 billion for the Earth Sciences – something Trump officials said they wanted completely defunded.
$37 million has been given to NASA’s STEM programs and outreach, with $100 million total going towards educational programs, something Trump also wished, and still wishes, to cut by 2018.
The National Science Foundation (NSF), the largest federal fund for science and academia, has been given $7.5 billion, a slight increase from 2016’s budget.
The United States Geological Survey (USGS) has been given $1.09 billion, a slight increase from 2016. Trump wanted to cut this by 10 percent.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which faced a 31 percent cut by this year or the next, has only had its funding cut by 1 percent.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has been given $3.5 billion
Renewable energies and clean energy research funding have been boosted by $17 million.

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/ ... e-funding/

Climate science is not wrong. Climate science is science. They work on scientific method. People who think climate science is wrong don't know anything about science, or scientific theory.
The Mad Hatters in the Tea party will make Trump's life bloody hell if Trump signs it :lol:
By Drlee
All good news. It sure looks like congress is getting the message loud and clear. I think they would fund a shot to the sun if they could get a moment's peace in the town halls.

The Mad Hatters in the Tea party will make Trump's life bloody hell if Trump signs it

They sure will. He is so in over his head that he probably will sign this. I also think that some of the TEA party folks will secretly give a sigh of relief when he does sign it.

But will he sign? Will he shut the government down? I honestly don't know. My guess is that he will fire off a shit storm of tweets tonight then proclaim victory. WWAJD?*

*What would Andrew Jackson do? (Probably withdraw American troops from World War I like he wanted to.)
I'd like a look at the whole magilicuty (budget). If Congress was this level headed, I wonder what else they cut. Hope this is an indication the Congress thinks this is a more valuable option than tax cuts for Trumptoians.

Trump is desperate for a big win. We shall see......

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]