Our World is Dictated by Businessmen - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Businessmen and employers control everything in our world. The entirety of our lives is based on trying to sell ourselves to employers. That is why we pursue qualifications and education, because we need to impress private businesses. We also slog away for years trying to get experience and looking for jobs.

Those who fail to find a job or who make some sort of mistake are told they are lazy and useless who would be better off being exterminated. The social darwinist aspect of capitalism is worse than that of the Nazis.

Businessmen are the ones who influence our governments to take certain economic decisions. Neo-liberalism is the ideology of big businesses and employers. Governments and centre-right parties love to consult with business forums to hear toffy nosed bourgeois boys pontificate about the virtues of free trade.

It is so frustrating that our entire lives are based on trying to impress capitalists.

Personally I despise free trade and mercantilist mentalities. We'd be far better off under a corporatist or planned economic system.
I think businessmen have pretty much always had the most money but some kinds of people don't rank themselves according to how much money they have and in other time periods, that was more respected than it is today.
It is so frustrating that our entire lives are based on trying to impress capitalists.

A vast number of capitalists, as soon as they have 3 stores, seem to take great joy in demeaning their employees. The human need to feel superior is magnified by the amount of wealth accumulated. We place our future in the hands of people who despise us. I truly admire the few individuals I have met who failed to succumb to this temptation.
Political Interest wrote:Businessmen and employers control everything in our world. The entirety of our lives is based on trying to sell ourselves to employers. That is why we pursue qualifications and education, because we need to impress private businesses. We also slog away for years trying to get experience and looking for jobs.

Those who fail to find a job or who make some sort of mistake are told they are lazy and useless who would be better off being exterminated. The social darwinist aspect of capitalism is worse than that of the Nazis.

Businessmen are the ones who influence our governments to take certain economic decisions. Neo-liberalism is the ideology of big businesses and employers. Governments and centre-right parties love to consult with business forums to hear toffy nosed bourgeois boys pontificate about the virtues of free trade.

Personally I despise free trade and mercantilist mentalities. We'd be far better off under a corporatist or planned economic system.

If all human beings had an attitude like yours, we'd still be in the jungle with the rest of the helpless animals running away from lions and tigers and bears.

The human spirit of innovation and hard work, has made us into the superior species on earth, and silly fantasy liberals such as you wish to stifle it, for whatever crazy reason I still haven't figured out.
I feel like there's a lot of superficial niceness going around today. People are super nice to each other, especially millennials but the second someone isn't profitable they are thrown overboard. This is not how it was done traditionally in smaller societies. Part of the problem is that people are too proud to go onto welfare, another part of the problem is that people are so divested from self-sufficiency that welfare is the only commonly feasible alternative. Those in power have done a good enough job of eroding traditional communities so that you don't have a third choice, it's either be profitable or go on the dole, at which point those on the dole who are intelligent will probably be too abashed to criticize the system.

This is why we need Distributism, additive manufacturing and home or community farming :excited:
This is why we need Distributism, additive manufacturing and home or community farming :excited:

Yes! I have never fit in the modern world. I had several opportunities to turn a single proprietorship into a major business. I always passed it up because I could never get myself to accept making money is being able to increase the distance between what you pay an employee and what their labor is actually worth.
A person should be paid for their own labor. Employee owned corporations are the most humane we can become.
stephen50right wrote:If all human beings had an attitude like yours, we'd still be in the jungle with the rest of the helpless animals running away from lions and tigers and bears.

The human spirit of innovation and hard work, has made us into the superior species on earth, and silly fantasy liberals such as you wish to stifle it, for whatever crazy reason I still haven't figured out.

Hard work? As if those living on the streets starving in the hell slums of Detroit or NYC are only there because they lacked hard work. Maybe you do not realise but an individual is not always responsible for their own situation. You can work as hard as you like but if circumstances are against you you still lose.

And if everyone thought like you we would still be living hiding from dangerous animals because your sense of rugged individualism would prevent any cooperation between people. Your brand of Anglo-Saxon Protestant cowboy capitalism does not work.

America is basically a second world country because it has absolutely no economic involvement by the state and because it is a hyper-individualistic society.

And I do find it amusing that you call me a liberal when the one advocating free trade is you. That is quite liberal to me. You want economic freedom, like a classical liberal.

Liberal capitalism and free markets create hyper-competitive, materialistic and decadent societies where money is king. Cities in such countries are badly planned, ugly and dirty. Crime is everywhere. Family values are virtually non-existent in such a society. Capitalist America was far more decadent than the USSR.

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]