If you could create your own country - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

hmmmm.
Well by details not sure. But in an outline, it would have:
1- Banking and financial industries, health care, medicine, education and all natural resources programs and the defence industry being nationalized. i.e ran by the government. Preferably also seek self sufficiency in food production also ran by the government so prices can be controlled.
2- Social well fare will include monthly salery to all citizens to cover all basic costs of living without luxuries. Housing, health care, education, utilities would be free.
3- Taxes would be limited to equity tax and progressive. So if you're a billionare for example and have lets say 1 billion dollar. You wont pay taxes on your income but you'll pay a tax equal in amount to what you own.
Lower classes, probably anyone with assets or capital less than a certain amount wont pay taxes.
4- There would be a ministry or academy of science that would have the higher portion of funding given to it, probably with a veto power against any government decision. Along with preferably seeking to establish an outer space mining program, possibly on other planets. Would be viable if a technology to beam raw minirals to a certain facility from the mining facilities to earth. (simillar to whats done in hadron colliders just bigger).
5-Drugs would be allowed and regulated and taxed.
6- the law would be centered around a basic concept of "you're free to do whatever you want, but that freedom ends once you infringe on others freedoms".
7- it wont be democratic rather it would be absolute monarchy.

Thats all i can think of right now. latter on.
They also see us as free oil (I live in the Middle East). Regardless you shouldn't let your bias get the best of you. You shouldn't let it affect your political decisions. Don't let emotion get the best of you. For example I too am not going to have contact with the West not because I don't like them but because I can't trust them. But I also can't trust China, Russia, or other "rogue nations". I plan on being isolationist and self sufficient. This is due to numerous reasons I will not get into now however the point is, don't let your own emotions get the best of you. There is no place for bias or emotion in nation ruling.

------

Irrelevant to this topic I just had an idea. Say we both manage to get political power and influence over our respective countries how would you feel about a union or alliance of some kind? Certainly not a merging of each other given our very different governments but an alliance. As I said before I aim to be isolationist and self sufficient however I understand the need for a source of information about the outside world. I also need some kind of trade. So will you be my eyes and source of goods from the world beyond?
Oxymandias wrote:What would it's government be? Where would your country be located in? What would be it's culture? How would society in your country be like? What would be the foreign policy?

That's a really good thread.

1) My country would have NO immigration, although I wouldn't have a problem with controlled work permits. I am a strong believer that if the education policy is correct and the population is monitored correctly then immigration isn't necessary.
2) I would have the death penalty for murder and liberalism
3) I wouldn't allow gay marriage
4) Only the real smart kids would go to uni, and that would be funded by the state (like it used to be)
5) I wouldn't have bus lanes
6) I would double the permitted drink drive limit we have in the UK
7) I would introduce controlled euthanasia
8) Driving licences could only be held by people between the ages of 21 and 75
9) I would flog anyone for starting a sentence with the word "SO", or saying "can I get" in stead of "may I have"
10) I would get rid of anything resembling the CSA, and introduce a court system where ALL circumstances are taken into account
11) The entire benefit system would resemble nothing like the UK version, and everyone would be far better off working. In fact only those who couldn't physically do any work would actually get anything, and nobody would have a bloody mobility car, let alone a blue badge

More to follow, I'm sure

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]