Black Lives Matter COINTEL - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Gtownoe
Wanted to start a discussion on the Black Lives Matter non-profit, its role in Ferguson, and how it was used against the communities it claimed to protect.

A lot of indie media has led the investigation, as its being used by big media, against the grassroots efforts of people to get their message out. Michael Brown Sr. called the group, "thieves in the night" and the Ferguson activist closest to the family, who was helping expose what BLM did, was murdered a few months ago, in the middle of releasing more info about the group.

What we do know is that they were paid protesters. And that they worked against the local activist and the grassroots around the country, even trying to claim affiliation to The Movement.

http://www.takingbacktheradio.com/lies- ... s-movement

They've recently went leaderless, but only after being questioned about donations and how they're being used. This is after collecting all the donation money on behalf of Ferguson, The Movement, and victims.

Thoughts?
I have a strong dislike for all groups. They always end up supporting measures to promote their own success rather than adhering to a strict message. This is deliberate because once they get their message across or accomplish their original goal, then they should disband, but they never do.

As far as BLM specifically, I could never condone their existence in a society that did not also recognize publicly promoting White Lives Matter. It does not really matter who is behind them, they adversely affect improving racial relations in a country that has adopted a dual standard.
One Degree wrote:I have a strong dislike for all groups. They always end up supporting measures to promote their own success rather than adhering to a strict message. This is deliberate because once they get their message across or accomplish their original goal, then they should disband, but they never do.

As far as BLM specifically, I could never condone their existence in a society that did not also recognize publicly promoting White Lives Matter. It does not really matter who is behind them, they adversely affect improving racial relations in a country that has adopted a dual standard.

I agree if your talking about an ideology. Like BLM is trying to push. I'm not a conformist myself, more of a free thinker, and agree that it can be dangerous to accept an ideology and stop thinking for yourself (hoping I'm hitting on what your talking about).

I get what your saying about BLM too, and believe that some things were done to intentionally agitate people of other races, and put focus on the black race.

What makes it bad, is that the black people who started this movement, the one BLM tried to co-opt, were accepting of all. There were even white people who helped start The Movement (not BLM, but The Movement they always try to reference).

Black Lives Matter was never focused on police corruption, or even black lives for that matter. They simply wanted to push THEIR agenda. And used a tragedy, and grassroots revolution as a springboard.

I've been a little discourage by how people kind of brush this off as a minor issue. For America, this greatly influenced our entire election. Especially on the Dem side. People stand up claiming the gov is killing them unjustly, and you have a gov sponsored group come and co-opt the coverage and branding, then collect untold amounts without solving the problem, or even putting pressure on the right people.

Could go on about how much its affected our country imo
I agree if your talking about an ideology. Like BLM is trying to push. I'm not a conformist myself, more of a free thinker, and agree that it can be dangerous to accept an ideology and stop thinking for yourself (hoping I'm hitting on what your talking about).

Yes, this is it exactly. Once you let a group do your thinking for you, then bad things are going to happen. Similar to voting a straight party ticket. I have commented in other posts that I believe a large amount of racism is 'group think'. We hate imaginary people instead of the people we actually know. On a one on one basis, we do much better.
One Degree wrote:Yes, this is it exactly. Once you let a group do your thinking for you, then bad things are going to happen. Similar to voting a straight party ticket. I have commented in other posts that I believe a large amount of racism is 'group think'. We hate imaginary people instead of the people we actually know. On a one on one basis, we do much better.

I gotcha. Yea, I agree.

When people started saying "Black Lives Matter" in Ferguson they didn't even know there was a non-profit attached. A non-profit with a clear agenda.

Here's something from one of the original protesters that goes into detail about how they set up and co-opted their work.

Political parties and others have no qualms about using people and groups of people to accomplish their own goals. It is usually in their best interest to make a situation worse instead of trying to solve problems. I believe this is true of race problems in the US. The loudest people about discrimination are often the ones who do not want it to end. The Democratic party would dissolve without a race issue to promote their agenda. Probably the Republican party too.
One Degree wrote:Political parties and others have no qualms about using people and groups of people to accomplish their own goals. It is usually in their best interest to make a situation worse instead of trying to solve problems. I believe this is true of race problems in the US. The loudest people about discrimination are often the ones who do not want it to end. The Democratic party would dissolve without a race issue to promote their agenda. Probably the Republican party too.

I think your absolutely right from what I've seen. Didn't care who it affected, what businesses were affected, communities, etc.

Seems like some of these games are being played over and over.

Also agree about the race issue. Especially from this time around. Most of the young black people I know are focused on economic stability, jobs, etc. Think that can be said for most all Americans regardless of race.

Maybe its my age (30) but I'm still a little in shock by how far they went to avoid actual progress and people holding them accountable, to prop up their own publicity show, and control the narrative, funding, etc.

Appreciate the reply
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

This doesn't make sense, though you have managed […]

Then the protesters are merely criticizing the po[…]

You're funny. https://www.amazon.co[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]