When having a vagina tops actual qualification - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

We were having a discussion somewhere around here where I said that quotas for female employees lead to the absurd situation that a man won't get a position despite being better qualified, if that means the company won't meet its gender quota. Some poster challenged me on that and I wasn't able to find my source at that time. Now that I do have a (new) source, I can't for the world of me remember where we had our conversation. :roll: So here is - SJW madness (though I didn't want to post it in the SJW thread, as it only collects the more outlandish examples, while this one has real-world consequences):

Die Welt wrote:When Affirmative Action turns into Gender War

(...)
Since July, the state administration of North Rhine Westphalia has decreed that women are to be preferred to male competitors even if the woman is "slightly less" qualified. Until then a woman only had the privilege if she was at least as well suited. However, this regulation had not changed a red-green grievance: although the majority of public servants are female, women are only a minority in leadership positions.

The new standard was meant to remedy that situation. It is only applied where the proportion of women is less than 50 percent, for example, not in schools. But it caused considerable damage particularly in the police and financial administration, say trade unions, experts and opposition. The critics are giving a devastating summary. The reform had harmed men as well as women, it had driven the national servants into a partly open, partly concealed rebellion and the country was entangled in a risky litigation. And now it even threatens to paralyze parts of the public service for years to come.

The least surprising effect is that the atmosphere among the male colleagues deteriorated (...) But even among the women there is widespread annoyance. GdP chief Plickert, for example, reports of numerous female police officers who were uncomfortable because they wanted to be "promoted exclusively for reasons of performance". Individual women rejected a promotion, so as not to be categorized as a 'quota woman'. And also DBB boss Staude observed "an increasing demotivation" among its female members.

Düsseldorf lawyer Mark Fröse, who is specialized in civil servant law, sees another danger for women: "Many superiors of women are likely to give bad marks to women at the 2017 evaluation session," he fears. "If the supervisor were to grade a woman who is slightly less qualified than a male candidate, they would have to promote the somewhat less suitable woman under current law." To prevent this, "many women are judged to be much worse than they deserve. Women's disadvantage as a result of the promotion of women - that would be the most bitter irony, "regrets expert Fröse.

That's Green politics. 'nuff said.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]