Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

He did not accomplish much during his 2 terms sadly. Prescription drug prices are still high and largely unaffordable for many Americans.

Student debt is still very much a problem.

Pollution and global warming are still major problems. And now with Trump, those may be the least of our problems with the new cabinet people wanting to assume that global warming and climate change do not exist.

The only things he did were establish Obamacare and spend a ton of money on vacations and travel, wear expensive clothing and hosted gatherings in style.
The truly sad thing about his legacy is that he made George W Bush look good..... If I told you in 2000 the next president would fuck things up even worse than the one you just elected did, no one would have believed me. Frat boy frankly came good after 9/11, was way better than his 1 term Dad, and better than his brother could have ever been too(Ted was boring as hell, even back in the day too).

Americans reading the history books in a 100 years time will see the "9/11 President" as a hero "that led the nation in it's darkest terrorism hour" and still be taught about how he responded to 9/11, and the President that followed as "Obama who?".

I just wrote a post that says George Bush is the best President of the new Millenium so far...... That should tell you how bad Obama did.
Cornel West wrote:A few of us begged and pleaded with Obama to break with the Wall Street priorities and bail out Main Street. But he followed the advice of his “smart” neoliberal advisers to bail out Wall Street. In March 2009, Obama met with Wall Street leaders. He proclaimed: I stand between you and the pitchforks. I am on your side and I will protect you, he promised them. And not one Wall Street criminal executive went to jail.

Ironically, the start of the Tea Party movement was a market trader saying on TV that it was unfair that individual mortgage holders were getting bailed out.

Jasky bought an economy box of tea bags and posted one to every member of Congress. Other people did too. The practice spread so much so that by the time that CNBC reporter Rick Santelli made his famous rant on 19 February 2009, he did so standing in front of Chicago traders who all had tea bags stuck to their computer screens and phone banks.

Should the tea party movement prove a lasting phenomenon, the Santelli rant will go down in history as one of its main birth pangs. While broadcasting from the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange he accused the Obama administration of "promoting bad behaviour" and subsidising "losers' mortgages". His criticisms evoked a huge cheer from the traders behind him, particularly when he said: "We're thinking of having a Chicago tea party in July, I'm thinking of organising it."

The two-minute diatribe quickly went global. It was grabbed by Conservative campaigns such as FreedomWorks and aggressively promoted.

Angry voters began to respond to Santelli's call and set up their own tea party groups linked loosely through the internet. It all happened with tremendous speed. Within 10 days of the rant, on 27 February, the first Tea Party rally was held in Washington, Chicago and other cities across the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/ ... y-movement

That a mob of rich market traders (who considered themselves "a pretty good cross section of America") complaining that poor 'losers' were getting bailed out could start a mass movement shows it wasn't about Obama bailing out Wall St.; it was about the 'wrong kind of people', ie black people, getting any attention at all. Obama was always going to have the closet racists against him, and the moment they heard there was any help for people with unaffordable mortgages, they just assumed it all went to African-Americans. Because that's how they think, and they're the same people who voted Trump in.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I didnt came here illegaly

Obama was an Israel ass-kisser, and the media occasionally cast him as "suspiciously Muslim" in order to buy permission from the public to support all of Israel's and all of the banksters' atrocities.
QatzelOk wrote:Said he'd bring change and hope: Gave all the money and regulatory power to crooked banksters.

Said he'd bring peace: Started two brutal wars, destroying two countries in the process. One of which was trying to help Africa break away from Western banksters (see above)

Said he'd bring American health care up to world standards: Introduced mandatory patronage to private health care corporations - a model dreamed up by Mitt Romney and the health care rentier class

Said he'd help black lives: Destroyed Libya, helped France re-colonize North Africa.

He was the most fake president of all time. No president was further from his marketing than Barack Obama.

On this, I agree wholeheartedly. The fact that he did essentially nothing for blacks and bailed out Wall Street is an amazing legacy for the first black president.
blackjack21 wrote:On this, I agree wholeheartedly. The fact that he did essentially nothing for blacks and bailed out Wall Street is an amazing legacy for the first black president.

When he was first elected back in 2009, I predicted he's be the biggest disappointment of all time. I also compared him to Canada's first "French-Canadian" prime minister (Wilfrid Laurier) who, while in office, stood proudly while anglos genocided the French-speaking Metis in Western Canada, passed anti-French-language laws in Ontario, Manitoba, and Nova Scotia, and went to war for English merchants.

All the while, the general public "felt good" about putting such a miserable minority into the highest chair in the land.

The First French-Canadian Prime Minister was used as a tool by the English-speaking merchant class to... destroy French all over Canada, except Quebec. Obama has a similar legacy. They were both Uncle Toms with nice smiles.

Maybe Obama deserves to be put on the five-dollar bill, since three-dollar bills don't exist.

QatzelOk wrote:The First French-Canadian Prime Minister was used as a tool by the English-speaking merchant class to... destroy French all over Canada, except Quebec. Obama has a similar legacy. They were both Uncle Toms with nice smiles.

I'm curious: is "Uncle Tom" something used natively in Quebec French?
@Lexington

https://www.harrietbeecherstowecenter.org/utc/

It is based upon a book. Basically, a black person who sides with whites.
One Degree wrote:It is based upon a book. Basically, a black person who sides with whites.

I know that.

Qatz used a colloquial term from that is mostly American originating from an English-language American novel while speaking English to defend French language in Canada. I just thought that was funny.
I know that.

Qatz used a colloquial term from that is mostly American originating from an English-language American novel while speaking English to defend French language in Canada. I just thought that was funny.

Okay, I admit I was astounded by the question, but I thought it was possible it was banned in your school. :lol:
Lexington wrote:I know that.

I wasn't actually defending anything in Canada. I was pointing out what a two-faced whore Barack Obama is. And that I'd called him on this before he was even elected.

The expression "uncle Tom" is common slang in the English language. I've never read the book from which this expression originated.

One Degree wrote:Okay, I admit I was astounded by the question, but I thought it was possible it was banned in your school. :lol:

Banning books because they badmouth powerful people... that's part of an Uncle Tom democracy.
noemon wrote:You seem to think that the right to protest is unacceptable when it is defined in the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

It would be nice if something substantive was said instead of projecting your racial biases which are quite uninteresting, boring and already established anyway.

There is no right to protest in the first amendment. There are no individual rights at all. The whole point of the American Constitution was to stop Black people getting rights. Even if a majority of White people wanted Black people to have them.
Rich wrote:...There are no individual rights at all. The whole point of the American Constitution was to stop Black people getting rights. Even if a majority of White people wanted Black people to have them.

The sad legacy of the American constitution lead to the sad legacy of the American west, which lead to the sad legacy of America's non-stop terrorism against small nations, which lead to the sad legacy of Obama, which lead to the election of Trump.

Who's crying now?
Lexington wrote:I'm sure you haven't.

How much English vs French do you use in normal life?

Fifty-fifty.

But I much prefer to write in English. "Uncle Tom's Cabin" isn't on the grade school curriculum in Canada, but we have our own Anglo atrocities to (NOT) read about.

Canada, like the USA, has a fake history that is built on blocking out about 90% of what actually happened, and putting a major emphasis on the "heroism" of all the WASP generals and bankster-types.

Uncle Obama loved these two groups with all his big white heart.
Australian history is likewise whitewashed with PC shit.....

Most Australians don't even know Advance Australia Fair had 5 verses originally and a 6th "Christian Verse"(created later for singing in Christian Churches)

Most Australian don't even fucking know it officially has a second verse.

Our National Anthem is PC wrecked one verse shit.

The original song(+ Christian Verse):
http://hamilton.net.au/advance/lyrics.html
http://www.hamilton.net.au/advance/missing_verse.html

What is wrong with Schools in western countries these days. This shit is happening everywhere.

Rarely do you hear in Victoria how the Aboriginals were basically massacred out of this land here, the reason Victoria has a far lower indigenous population than every other state. Nor do you hear anymore about the wars that happened here. Most young kids aren't even taught Papua New Guinea was an Australian Territory at the time the Japanese invaded it in WW2. IT WAS AUSTRALIAN SOIL.... THEY ATTACKED AUSTRALIA AND WERE MOVING TOWARDS THE MAINLAND, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

If you read anything from an era when humans we[…]

How could have Israel stopped Hamas from infiltrat[…]

And we see another example of a so called centris[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And the Ukraine aid bill is signed by Biden. Time […]