The Change In World Politics - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

The UK public decided they were fed up with the status quo. When the government announced the referendum they were pretty damn sure they could scare the public into voting "remain". Well, they were wrong. People in the UK had enough of uncontrolled borders, having to subsidize poor and badly run countries, and in all honesty getting very little back, if anything.

Meanwhile in the US people made a similar statement. Hundreds of thousands of Mexicans flooding over the border, bringing their crime ridden culture with them, and the government conveniently turning a blind eye. In fact, Obama even gave the equivalent to the population of a small country complete amnesty. I am just wondering what I would have felt like if I were an American citizen. The US electorate had enough of this daft so called "inclusive society" and voted "TRUMP".

Later this year we see possibly the biggest vote of them all, France. If Marine Le Pen gets voted in she will take France out of the EU, and almost without fail the EU will tumble. Waiting in the background are other countries such as Germany, and Holland, who both have strong right wing challengers.

I for one believe that ultimately this is a good thing for world politics, albeit a poor thing for badly run and corrupt countries. The working class middle aged and older voters want to turn the clocks back to when their relative countries were nicer places to live. Somewhere where they can walk down the street without having to listen to a variation of different languages, and somewhere where women wearing intimidating masks aren't lurking. A country where all the jobs aren't being taken by foreigners who don't mind earning a pittance because they are prepared to live in squalor.

Of course, there are those liberals who adore multiculturalism, political correctness, and the idea that their country is one giant charity in charge of looking after the worlds needy, but fortunately these people are a smaller minority than they care to believe. I meet very few people who don't believe that this change world politics isn't a good thing, but to be honest I don't hang around universities where liberal politics spreads like a bad virus.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the world is a better place with some compassion, but that compassion should come from those who chose to volunteer their time and money, and NOT by the governments who chose to give away the public's taxes, heritage, and culture.
Know It All wrote:The working class middle aged and older voters want to turn the clocks back to when their relative countries were nicer places to live.

So let's look at what you want:

Somewhere where they can walk down the street without having to listen to a variation of different languages

What is the problem with hearing a different language? It's none of your business. Why is it a 'nicer place' because you can more easily eavesdrop?

and somewhere where women wearing intimidating masks aren't lurking.

This is an absurd wish. Burqas aren't 'intimidating', and the wearers don't 'lurk'. They probably 'lurk' less than any other group in the country.

A country where all the jobs aren't being taken by foreigners who don't mind earning a pittance because they are prepared to live in squalor

Though the minimum wage, which didn't even exist in this halcyon past wanted by a British nostalgist (which I think includes you) , means it's not as low a pittance as wages would have been in the past you want a return to. Someone who consistently voted Labour or another left wing party over the years might have a point arguing about unemployment. Someone who rails against multiculturalism, political correctness and liberals in general, not so much, given the lack of care that successive Tory governments have given to unemployment.
I do like reading threads about 'bloody foreigners' coming to the UK, stealing jobs. Guess what, unemployment down again! Social care still under-employing. Agencies still with jobs in their Windows. Farmers complaining that haven't got the staff numbers needed for their work. There is a job for anyone who wants one in the UK. But the jobs are undesirable so no one takes them. And EU citizens take advantage of this. So stop complaining. If UK citizens weren't so precious they'd be no jobs to 'steal' (as you put it). As for low wages, there are tax credits and housing/council tax benefits to boost wages up in real terms. You forgot to mention that. The UK poor, when compared to the rest of the world, are 'NOT POOR'. They just spend their money unwisely (fags, booze and teles before food). And finally, I bet you won't mind a foreign surgeon removing your appendix should it ever be in the verge of exploding would you? The real world is far different than headlines in The Sun makes out. And should all foreigners move away for the UK shore, you'd be begging for their return when the UK runs out of money and taxes the fuck out of you.
UK runs out of money and taxes the fuck out of you.

Globalists and pro immigration people always tell us how it is all about the money. Some of us don't think everything should be decided by how profitable it is for the wealthy.
One Degree wrote:Globalists and pro immigration people always tell us how it is all about the money.

That is because it is 'ALL' about money. If you don't want to receive any benefits, are willing to pay more for your goods and want to live in a recession environment, by all means be against immigration. If you like luxuries and want your pay packet to go further than commodities than you should be careful with what you wish for.
That is because it is 'ALL' about money. If you don't want to receive any benefits, are willing to pay more for your goods and want to live in a recession environment, by all means be against immigration. If you like luxuries and want your pay packet to go further than commodities than you should be careful with what you wish for.

How much longer do you think we can sustain the 'profit through increased population' idiocy?
One Degree wrote:How much longer do you think we can sustain the 'profit through increased population' idiocy?

The world population doesn't vanish when you become isolated. And when you don't have the jobs anymore. The UK has low unemployment.
The world population doesn't vanish when you become isolated. And when you don't have the jobs anymore. The UK has low unemployment.

Low unemployment and profits for the rich is not much of a trade off for having banks and corporations large enough to influence the political direction of countries. The US can survive easily without any contact from the rest of the world. We can control our own population and wait till you destroy yourselves through over population. Population should be the number one concern, not profit. Long term versus short term. Your profits will be pretty meaningless when our resources are all used up.
One Degree wrote:The US can survive easily without any contact from the rest of the world. We can control our own population and wait till you destroy yourselves through over population. Population should be the number one concern, not profit. Long term versus short term. Your profits will be pretty meaningless when our resources are all used up.

While I agree the overpopulation is a problem for the world (part of what's driving climate change, so it affects all countries, even if they stop any immigration), this seems a strange attitude - "wait till you destroy yourselves through over population". Wait for what? Do you see life as a contest or war in which you need other people to fail so your life can be OK? Once this destruction has happened, what would you want to do?
While I agree the overpopulation is a problem for the world (part of what's driving climate change, so it affects all countries, even if they stop any immigration), this seems a strange attitude - "wait till you destroy yourselves through over population". Wait for what? Do you see life as a contest or war in which you need other people to fail so your life can be OK? Once this destruction has happened, what would you want to do?

It was not intended as a serious comment. I just wanted to point out the absurdity of believing profit has any real importance in the long term. Over population is the basis of all our problems. We need an economic model that is not based upon continued population growth. This is why current economic arguments anger me. They require our future destruction.
One Degree wrote:Low unemployment and profits for the rich is not much of a trade off for having banks and corporations large enough to influence the political direction of countries. The US can survive easily without any contact from the rest of the world.

The fact countries survived 100 years ago without trade agreements means that most western countries could easily cope with little contact with each other. But people also couldn't afford much back then. And more importantly, the gap between rich and poor was greater too. You like luxuries, especially one's that rely on minerals, you need to trade. Simple. Otherwise welcome to basic Victorian living.

We can control our own population and wait till you destroy yourselves through over population. Population should be the number one concern, not profit. Long term versus short term. Your profits will be pretty meaningless when our resources are all used up.

You think isolation will protect you from global resources running out? American thirst for minerals is the reason we as running out in the first place. You guys will run out first! And then you will not have trade agreements in place to have cheaper trade for needed minerals. American wealth is due to Globalization. When you understand that, you might want to change your attitude - unless you like simple living of course.
American wealth is due to Globalization. When you understand that, you might want to change your attitude - unless you like simple living of course.

Actually, I can not tolerate owning things. I have a compulsion to rid myself of possessions.
My argument is that we should never base our decisions upon what is profitable, but upon what is best for the future. Using economic arguments is placing short term comfort ahead of long term survival. Only a person who believes their comfort is all that matters would make such an argument. I do not see my life as having the purpose of deriving as much comfort as possible. I see my purpose as helping guarantee there is a future for humanity even if it requires me suffering in the present. I don't give a shit about profit.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:So let's look at what you want:

What is the problem with hearing a different language? It's none of your business. Why is it a 'nicer place' because you can more easily eavesdrop?

This is an absurd wish. Burqas aren't 'intimidating', and the wearers don't 'lurk'. They probably 'lurk' less than any other group in the country.

Though the minimum wage, which didn't even exist in this halcyon past wanted by a British nostalgist (which I think includes you) , means it's not as low a pittance as wages would have been in the past you want a return to. Someone who consistently voted Labour or another left wing party over the years might have a point arguing about unemployment. Someone who rails against multiculturalism, political correctness and liberals in general, not so much, given the lack of care that successive Tory governments have given to unemployment.

You may well enjoy hearing different languages when you walk down your local high street, I don't. You are one of the few people I have conversed with who DOESN'T find a Niqab (not Burqa) intimidating. In fact both France and Turkey have banned them. For what it is worth, I am not suggesting that we stop all immigration, I do believe however that any immigrant should be taken on their merit, and should not have a right to live here based on the country they are coming from, or the money they have in their bank account. I also think that we should stop thinking along the lines of "the jobs British people won't take". As long as there are unemployed people in an area where there is work, taking these jobs should NOT be an option. I accept that there are skilled jobs that we can't fill using the indigenous population, in which case people from overseas should be used, however it's about time the educations system and the government start to have a look at what China are doing. We need our younger people in this country to be educated to do the jobs we need, not necessarily the jobs they fancy. Mc Donalds are full of young people with enormous debts and degrees in psychology and David Beckham, and this type of problem needs addressing.

Anyway, back to the thread. Despite your love of everything multicultural and politically correct, the NORMAL person in the street has had enough, and I for am delighted.
B0ycey wrote:I do like reading threads about 'bloody foreigners' coming to the UK, stealing jobs. Guess what, unemployment down again! Social care still under-employing. Agencies still with jobs in their Windows. Farmers complaining that haven't got the staff numbers needed for their work. There is a job for anyone who wants one in the UK. But the jobs are undesirable so no one takes them. And EU citizens take advantage of this. So stop complaining. If UK citizens weren't so precious they'd be no jobs to 'steal' (as you put it). As for low wages, there are tax credits and housing/council tax benefits to boost wages up in real terms. You forgot to mention that. The UK poor, when compared to the rest of the world, are 'NOT POOR'. They just spend their money unwisely (fags, booze and teles before food). And finally, I bet you won't mind a foreign surgeon removing your appendix should it ever be in the verge of exploding would you? The real world is far different than headlines in The Sun makes out. And should all foreigners move away for the UK shore, you'd be begging for their return when the UK runs out of money and taxes the fuck out of you.

Yep, there are loads of vacant jobs, but there are also loads of unemployed people. What we need to look at is why this is the case.

1) Geography. Fair enough, if you live in the North East you aren't going to take a job in London
2) Age discrimination. I for one suffered this in a period I was out of work. I had a golden CV, yet couldn't even get an interview. There was no other reason than my date of birth.
3) Training. It would appear that employers no longer have any interest in training people to do anything now. When was the last time you saw "no experience necessary as training will be given" written on an add ?
4) The lazy bastards who just see benefits as a way of life.

Once these issues have been addressed, we can really start to look at how we can reduce the need for immigration.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]