The inevitability of impeachment - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I'm not sure if hindsite misread me or what.

I doubt Republicans could be pushed to impeach short of something catastrophic coming out. Basically the pee thing would have to be true.
mikema63 wrote:I doubt Republicans could be pushed to impeach short of something catastrophic coming out. Basically the pee thing would have to be true.

If they could impeach Trump successfully, they would get President Pence. They're more interested in impeaching than Dems are. Some of them push against Trump so hard for a good reason I think.
Beren wrote:If they could impeach Trump successfully, they would get President Pence. They're more interested in impeaching than Dems are. Some of them push against Trump so hard for a good reason I think.

The viability of a non-assassination/death switch to a Vice President during a first term has never been tested, and I doubt ever will. Neither has denying the President nomination in the run up to his second election. When Nixon resigned the Pubs held on for only 2 more years then lost to Carter... So they know the likelihood of losing the follow up election would be high. Only time it happened(in a second term), they lost the next election.

The Republicans would rather hold onto power with Trump, see how the midterms go, and run into a losing 2020 election before reforming the party again with a new candidate and an alternative platform in 2024. The traditional route to US political party reform.
The same people who just lost an election appear to be thinking, "Trump won't hit back as we push baseless Russian hysteria, then the Republicans will impeach him, then they'll impeach Pence, then they'll impeach themselves, then we'll be back in power. Chew soap chew soap chew soap."
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]