Why scapegoating a majority (with exemptions) is the same as scapegoating a minority - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

If enough people take the exemption, the majority is actually a minority. I am taking of course about the hatred towards white people. If you hate "white people" despite being a white person, you are generally given an exemption and don't count as "white". This is also called the "white ally". What eventually happens is the scapegoating of the majority (explicitly) is actually the same function, socially, as the scapegoating of a minority because it's a minority who refuse the conditions for the exemption. Meanwhile, the people doing the scapegoating say that since the term white people refers to a majority (barely, anyway) it's not attacking a minority and is therefore OK, even though it has all of the other characteristics of a behavior that is generally viewed as bad.

In other words, the majority is in truth a minority which has had the appearance of a majority applied to it through semantic actions.
Hong Wu wrote:If enough people take the exemption, the majority is actually a minority. I am taking of course about the hatred towards white people. If you hate "white people" despite being a white person, you are generally given an exemption and don't count as "white". This is also called the "white ally". What eventually happens is the scapegoating of the majority (explicitly) is actually the same function, socially, as the scapegoating of a minority because it's a minority who refuse the conditions for the exemption. Meanwhile, the people doing the scapegoating say that since the term white people refers to a majority (barely, anyway) it's not attacking a minority and is therefore OK, even though it has all of the other characteristics of a behavior that is generally viewed as bad.

In other words, the majority is in truth a minority which has had the appearance of a majority applied to it through semantic actions.

This.
Look who's still the only white person in this thread!

Scapegoating the majority is a terribly stupid policy though, I agree. The left needs to abandon identity politics and tackle serious economic issues again. The right doesn't need gay rights or abortion to whip people into a lather any more. All they have to do is show a picture of a frumpy trans anarchist with a stupid tumblr slogan and 70% of the country springs into action like barbarians at the gates. Whether or not this is baseless hysteria (it is) people eat it up and the left relies on popular movements to win power. I think the polarity of political discourse is to blame for a lot of it. If Trump and the alt right criticize something it must be a laudable masterpiece of righteousness, so you have people gushing about Trump's "bungling military action" in Yemen(it wasn't) or raging against his unprecedented removal of the last regimes political appointees (totally precedented).

I remain unconcerned as a white person because I'm confident I'll end up on top thanks to the tireless toiling of my Jewish and Asian slaves.
Hong Wu wrote:If enough people take the exemption, the majority is actually a minority. I am taking of course about the hatred towards white people. If you hate "white people" despite being a white person, you are generally given an exemption and don't count as "white". This is also called the "white ally". What eventually happens is the scapegoating of the majority (explicitly) is actually the same function, socially, as the scapegoating of a minority because it's a minority who refuse the conditions for the exemption. Meanwhile, the people doing the scapegoating say that since the term white people refers to a majority (barely, anyway) it's not attacking a minority and is therefore OK, even though it has all of the other characteristics of a behavior that is generally viewed as bad.

Wait, aren't you one of those people that says that the opinions of City Folk don't matter as much as the opinions of Country Bumpkins?
The only real prejudice against white people is from the wet white liberals. It's my belief that only a tiny % of the worlds population are colour prejudice. Most peoples prejudices concern the mixing of cultures and mass immigration. In the U.K we have a big problem with Pakistanis, mainly because of their stinking religion, and also the fact there are so damn many of them over here. The fact they are of a different colour is of no issue at all.
Know It All wrote:The only real prejudice against white people is from the wet white liberals. It's my belief that only a tiny % of the worlds population are colour prejudice. Most peoples prejudices concern the mixing of cultures and mass immigration. In the U.K we have a big problem with Pakistanis, mainly because of their stinking religion, and also the fact there are so damn many of them over here. The fact they are of a different colour is of no issue at all.

Blame your right wing society for this mess.
I am taking of course about the hatred towards white people. If you hate "white people" despite being a white person, you are generally given an exemption and don't count as "white". This is also called the "white ally"

In America the white self-inculpation is contained in the campuses and part of the media, in EU it was institutionalized policy, stemming from EU economical and political treaties with the Arab world. The situation there is far worse.

Fixated with race and the colour of skin. Doesn't matter what the colour of your skin is, everyone has the same needs. Again you are trapped in the straight jacket of racism. Move on. There is more in life than race. lol

Last edited by anarchist23 on 12 Feb 2017 21:51, edited 2 times in total.
Red_Army wrote:Look who's still the only white person in this thread!

I remain unconcerned as a white person because I'm confident I'll end up on top thanks to the tireless toiling of my Jewish and Asian slaves.

Well, you're wrong. I'm white too. So, what we see here is that you are trying to divide white people up. You need to watch out - do that often enough, and you'll find you've turned a majority into a minority, and then you might get scapegoated, rather than doing it yourself ...
Why did you only reply to the troll portion of my comment? I'm not going to read shit posts about bullshit without making a few jokes. I posted a sincere reply and you responded to the parts that were meant as a rise to this thread's occasion. If you want to comment on something of substance I said go for it. I couldn't care less if you want to edit my posts because you don't have a point.

Israel removed 10,000 Israeli families from Gaz[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]