The FBI has warned of a looming race war. July 2016. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

If it were the Black Panthers who were busted this would of been big news. Infact they were granted bail, which is hard to believe.

(CBS/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - In the past week, seven men and three women with ties to what Florida law enforcement officials called a white supremacist and domestic terrorist organization have been arrested on felony conspiracy and hate crime charges in an FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force operation.

According to an affidavit obtained by the Orlando Sentinel, police say the suspects were planning for "inevitable" race war and were targeting Orlando City Hall and other locations. They also allegedly discussed making ricin, a deadly poison which the affidavit describes as "a weapon of mass destruction."

Authorities arrested 39-year-old Marcus Faella, and wife 36-year-old Patricia Faella, on Friday, along with Mark McGowan, 29, and his wife Jennifer McGowan, 25. Others arrested and taken to the Osceola County Jail were 28-year-old Diane Stevens, 25-year-old Paul Jackson and 22-year-old Kent McLellan. Authorities also arrested 27-year-old Christopher Brooks, 21-year-old Dustin Perry and 23-year-old Richard Stockdale late Monday.

Faella considered himself and his fellow members of the white-supremacist group American Front as "protectors of the white race," according to the affidavit obtained by the newspaper. Police say the group trained with AK-47s and hand-to-hand combat and planned to kill Jews, immigrants and minorities.

Each was charged with paramilitary training, attempt to shoot into an occupied dwelling and evidence of prejudices while committing offense, a first-degree felony. Brooks and Stockdale were also charged with possession of a weapon or ammunition by a convicted felon.

"This investigation is a result of our on-going partnership with local law enforcement and federal agencies in a concentrated effort to stamp out hate crime in our community," State Attorney Lawson Lamar said in a statement obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

All were held on bonds totaling more than $500,000. Only Marcus and Patricia Faella had bonded out on Monday afternoon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ten-arreste ... -says-fbi/
If it were the Black Panthers who were busted this would of been big news. Infact they were granted bail, which is hard to believe.

You don't seem to see the truth here. You have people who actually did nothing, but talk. CBS makes it national news to make it appear a national conspiracy. They were granted bail because they are harmless blowhards. :roll:
anarchist23 wrote:If it were the Black Panthers who were busted this would of been big news. Infact they were granted bail, which is hard to believe.

First, it cannot be underlined enough that the New Black Panther Party has nothing to do with the Black Panthers.

SPLC wrote:Members of the original Black Panther Party, which has no connection to the NBPP, have heavily criticized the New Black Panther Party. An open letter from the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation, which is run by members of the original Black Panther Party, decries the NBPP for being a hateful and unconstructive group. Bobby Seale, a famous founding member of the original Panthers, calls the organization "a black racist hate group."

The Panthers were Maoists that were far better versed in creating public engagement and organization. Which is why the FBI deemed it necessary to kill the leadership. The NBPP are rightwing bozos that wanted to stack a school board and figured out that if they looked intimidating white people would give them a lot of attention.

The Panthers, I think, had a much better solution for a lot of these issues. Put up a plan that engages people to think about the hypocrisy. One of the points that strikes me upon reflection is their assertion that blacks can, under the US constitution, only be tried by black juries since it mentions, "a jury of your peers," and historically there have been organized attempts to stack, limit, and seperate blacks from whites by the government which constitutes a reasonably valid argument that blacks and whites are not the same "peers." Though it's not my area, I suspect a lot of the argument was to make a provocative demand in order to make people address systematic issues more than actually hoping that black people would only have black juries from then on out.

Further, policing the police was a solid tactic. Have armed volunteers follow the police around and make sure that everything goes well. Now, with instant technology, the need to arm is less--but I do think it goes back to the first point in that white people tend to think white people should be armed; but quickly back peddle when blacks start to arm.

After all, the Black Panthers arming meant that the NRA demanded more gun legislation, that Ronnie Reagan needed to sign a bill about limiting access to guns.

Finally, be suspicious of all calls for Race War, as it's largely a meme that reactionaries love to masturbate to more than anything legitimate.
Armed defiance is counter-productive (read counter-revolutionary) without a large, organized, and disciplined force spearheaded by a revolutionary vanguard. The Sioux Nation, which has fought the US government longer than most anybody, has asked the DAPL protesters to leave. Futility is not a winning platform. Similarly, you aren't going to find that many blacks willing to follow Tewodros III into battle against the state. Most of the consequences would redound to long suffering black communities, not a fair exchange when you're looking out for your family.

As for Douglass, he was a revolutionary only in regard to slavery. His views on racial amalgamation and integration were not consistent with the idea of race-based class struggle.
it cannot be underlined enough that the New Black Panther Party has nothing to do with the Black Panthers.

Yes. I was talking of the Black Panthers that was founded in the sixties.

Personally, I am mostly concerned with institutional racism. It's an insidious form of racism.

Institutional racism (also known as institutionalised racism) is a form of racism expressed in the practice of social and political institutions. Institutional racism is also racism by individuals or informal social groups, governed by behavioral norms that support racist thinking and foment active racism. It is reflected in disparities regarding wealth, income, criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power and education, among other things. Whether implicitly or explicitly expressed, institutional racism occurs when a certain group is targeted and discriminated against based upon race. Institutional racism can go unnoticed as it is not always explicit and can be overlooked.

Institutional racism was explained in 1967 by Kwame Ture (formerly Stokely Carmichael) and Charles V. Hamilton in Black Power: The Politics of Liberation, stating that while individual racism is often identifiable because of its overt nature, institutional racism is less perceptible because of its "less overt, far more subtle" nature. Institutional racism "originates in the operation of established and respected forces in the society, and thus receives far less public condemnation than [individual racism]." They go on to give examples:
"When white terrorists bomb a black church and kill five black children, that is an act of individual racism, widely deplored by most segments of the society. But when in that same city--Birmingham, Alabama--five hundred black babies die each year because of the lack of power, food, shelter and medical facilities, and thousands more are destroyed and maimed physically, emotionally and intellectually because of conditions of poverty and discrimination in the black community, that is a function of institutional racism. When a black family moves into a home in a white neighborhood and is stoned, burned or routed out, they are victims of an overt act of individual racism which most people will condemn. But it is institutional racism that keeps black people locked in dilapidated slum tenements, subject to the daily prey of exploitative slumlords, merchants, loan sharks and discriminatory real estate agents. The society either pretends it does not know of this latter situation, or is in fact incapable of doing anything meaningful about it."

Institutional racism was defined by Sir William Macpherson in the 1999 Lawrence report (UK) as: "The collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour which amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people."

wiki
dafuq is a race war, just conflicts of any kind with a racial dimension?
Is the concept of a race war a particularly American thing?
A continuation of their persistent anxiety embedded in America of pissed off black men stemming from a history of racialized slavery?
Personally, I am mostly concerned with institutional racism. It's an insidious form of racism.

Why are you personally concerned? Do you have relatives in the US you are concerned about? I have a surprise for you, people have racist tendencies. Most of us in the US are well aware of this and do not let it prevent us from befriending and even loving people of another race. How do you believe harping about 'natural tendencies' (institutionalized racism) is going to improve anything in the US? It is nothing more than an excuse to continue a divide that has been disappearing in reality. It must be kept alive to prevent us from joining forces. What would the oligarchy do without such a convenient scapegoat?

Edit: @anarchist23 I read in some paper that the English police have 'institutionalized bigotry' against the Irish. This is a very insidious form of bigotry. No one can prove it, but I know it is there because I read it in the newspaper from several thousand miles away. :roll:
One Degree wrote: I read in some paper that the English police have 'institutionalized bigotry' against the Irish. This is a very insidious form of bigotry. No one can prove it, but I know it is there because I read it in the newspaper from several thousand miles away.

In fairness the PSNI, though not English, was basically created strictly as a institutionalized bigotry against the Irish and it's been a pretty open secret that the British state had been colluding with unionist terrorist groups for ages.

Of course, the argument could be made that this is more akin to the United States supporting a pro-American group in one of its unofficial colonies. But there's quite a bit of fire in the smoke about the British police forces (as a whole) having an institutionalized bigotry against the Irish; there has got to be better examples you can come up with for false claims of bias...
One Degree wrote:Why are you personally concerned? Do you have relatives in the US you are concerned about? I have a surprise for you, people have racist tendencies. Most of us in the US are well aware of this and do not let it prevent us from befriending and even loving people of another race. How do you believe harping about 'natural tendencies' (institutionalized racism) is going to improve anything in the US? It is nothing more than an excuse to continue a divide that has been disappearing in reality. It must be kept alive to prevent us from joining forces. What would the oligarchy do without such a convenient scapegoat?

Edit: @anarchist23 I read in some paper that the English police have 'institutionalized bigotry' against the Irish. This is a very insidious form of bigotry. No one can prove it, but I know it is there because I read it in the newspaper from several thousand miles away. :roll:

You don't understand what institional racism is. It's not "natural tendencies." I suggest you read a book on the subject.

One Degree wrote:I will be brutally honest and open myself to charges of racism. Whether you are black or white in the US, if you stay out of dangerous black neighborhoods then you are as safe or safer than anywhere else in the world. If you are white or black in a dangerous black neighborhood then you are in danger.

Yes, you are racist.
The Immortal Goon wrote:In fairness the PSNI, though not English, was basically created strictly as a institutionalized bigotry against the Irish and it's been a pretty open secret that the British state had been colluding with unionist terrorist groups for ages.

Of course, the argument could be made that this is more akin to the United States supporting a pro-American group in one of its unofficial colonies. But there's quite a bit of fire in the smoke about the British police forces (as a whole) having an institutionalized bigotry against the Irish; there has got to be better examples you can come up with for false claims of bias...

Yes I could have, but I wanted it to have some bit of credibility just like in the US. This was the only fair way to compare what is in your heart with what the media says. I will admit the English bigotry toward the Irish is much more real than the US police toward blacks. :D Perhaps the Scots or Welsh would have been better? :hmm:
One Degree wrote:
I will be brutally honest and open myself to charges of racism. Whether you are black or white in the US, if you stay out of dangerous black neighborhoods then you are as safe or safer than anywhere else in the world. If you are white or black in a dangerous black neighborhood then you are in danger.

Yes, you are racist.

:lol: I think you mean realist, unless you believe everyone in the US with common sense is a racist against blacks including blacks. Your lack of understanding of the US is understandable.
This is the scenario, the spark of the police killing an unarmed innocent black person, protests, police over reaction and Trump instructing the police to use whatever force is necessary. Trump will milk the situation with an executive order giving the police sweeping powers.

If the US had another incident similar to the Ferguson shooting and the subsequent race protests that erupted how would Trump react?

And in regards to institutional racism..
the department of justice has recommended a radical overhaul of both the police and courts. “It is time for Ferguson’s leaders to take immediate, wholesale and structural corrective action,” said Mr Holder.

America’s top law enforcement official has delivered a scathing denunciation of the police department in Ferguson, the St Louis suburb at the centre of violent race protests last year, as a revenue-generating operation that repeatedly flouted the constitutional rights of the predominantly black population.
Eric Holder, Barack Obama’s outgoing attorney-general, gave the withering critique of the police force as he announced that his department did not have grounds to bring a federal prosecution against a white police officer for shooting dead an unarmed black teenager.
The killing sparked violent unrest in the Missouri community and unleashed a heated national debate about race relations and heavy-handed policing.
"It is not difficult to imagine how a single tragic incident set off the city of Ferguson like a powder keg,” Mr Holder said as he blasted the "highly toxic environment, defined by mistrust and resentment, stoked by years of bad feelings and spurred by illegal and misguided practices”.
US report finds racial bias in Ferguson police 04 Mar 2015
Violence flares in Ferguson after Michael Brown shooting grand jury verdict 25 Nov 2014
Ferguson officer who shot Michael Brown resigns 29 Nov 2014
He spoke as the department of justice issued a searing report outlining routine racial abuse and targeting by Ferguson police to raise fines to fill city coffers. It also listed shocking examples of racist emails and jokes exchanged and forwarded between court officials and police in work time.
A November 2008 email said President Barack Obama won't be president for long because "what black man holds a steady job for four years"
Blacks make up about 67 per cent of Ferguson's population, but 88 per cent of documented uses of force by Ferguson police from 2010 to 2014 were against African Americans. In all cases of police dog use and bites, the person was black.
In traffic violation stops, the most common ways to raise funds through fines, 85 per cent of people stopped, 90 per cent of those who received a ticket and 93 per cent of people arrested were black.

Mr Holder, who is African-American, first explained his department’s decision not to bring civil rights charges – a federal offence – against Darren Officer, the officer who shot dead 18-year-old Michael Brown during a confrontation in a Ferguson street last summer. A local grand jury had already decided not to indict Mr Wilson for his actions.
Darren Wilson, the officer who shot Michael Brown
A March 2010 email mocked African Americans with shocking stereotypes about their families and how they speak. One line of the email read, "I be so glad that dis be my last child support payment! Month after month, year after year, all dose payments!"
“Michael Brown’s death, though a tragedy, did not involve prosecutable conduct on the part of Officer Wilson,” Mr Holder said. “This outcome is supported by the facts we have found – but I also know these findings may not be consistent with some people’s expectations.”
He then addressed a broader second justice department investigation, launched as a result of the protests, into the behaviour of the Ferguson police department, an all-white force in an overwhelmingly African-American area. The conclusions were damning.
An April 2011 email depicted President Obama as a chimpanzee
This was a community where local authorities consistently approached law enforcement not as a means for protecting public safety, but as a way to generate revenue,” he said.
“A community where both policing and municipal court practices were found to disproportionately harm African American residents [and] created an intensely charged atmosphere where people feel under assault and under siege by those charged to serve and protect them.”

A May 2011 email said: "An African-American woman in New Orleans was admitted into the hospital for a pregnancy termination. Two weeks later she received a check for $5,000. She phoned the hospital to ask who it was from. The hospital said, 'Crimestoppers'"
Mr Holder said that investigators uncovered huge pressure on police officers to deliver fines to provide revenue to fill municipal demands. “The city relies on the police force to serve, essentially, as a collection agency for the municipal court rather than a law enforcement entity focused primarily on maintaining and promoting public safety,” he said.
He outlined startling abuses as a result of the revenue-generation demands, including several violations being charged for a single traffic stop. He said that there was an unofficial competition between some officers for who could issue the highest number of citations for a single stop, with the record standing at 14.
A June 2011 email said a man wanted to obtain "welfare" for his dogs because they are "mixed in colour, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no frigging clue who their daddies are."
Mr Holder gave the example of one woman who received two parking tickets that totalled $152. To date, she has paid $550 in fines and fees to the city of Ferguson. She has been arrested twice for having unpaid tickets, and spent six days in jail. “Yet she still – inexplicably – owes Ferguson $541,” he noted. “And her story is only one of dozens of similar accounts that our investigation uncovered.”
He said that police routinely breached residents’ constitutional rights by stopping them without reasonable suspicion, arresting them without probable cause, and using unreasonable force against them.
An October 2011 email had a photo of a bare-chested group of dancing women, apparently in Africa, with the caption, "Michelle Obama's High School Reunion"
“Many of these constitutional violations have become routine,” he said. “For instance, even though it’s illegal for police officers to detain a person – even briefly – without reasonable suspicion, it’s become common practice for officers in Ferguson to stop pedestrians and request identification for no reason at all.
“And even in cases where police encounters start off as constitutionally defensible, we found that they frequently and rapidly escalate – and end up blatantly and unnecessarily crossing the line.”
The targets were disproportionately African-Americans, investigators found, and the department of justice has recommended a radical overhaul of both the police and courts. “It is time for Ferguson’s leaders to take immediate, wholesale and structural corrective action,” said Mr Holder.
But he also noted that the issues, however acute in Ferguson, were not limited to one suburb in the American heartlands. The challenges, he reminded the country, were "national in scope".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... force.html
Ferguson has been dealt with in detail in discussions on POFO. There is no need to revisit it, but please remember you are quoting an Obama administration's perspective.

We will see how Trump handles it when the time comes. I hope he does not encourage public rioting and trusts the courts to take whatever action is appropriate.

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

There are conditions that must be met for Ukraine[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]