Wow, Salon is really racist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

There seems to be more than a little bit of projection going on there.

All we need now is a plugin that changes "Christianity" to "Islam", "Christian" to "Muslim" and maybe also "Asian" to "Mexican". I can just imagine the headlines :lol:

"Mexicans are also oppressed, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."
"Mexicans need to stop taking our tech jobs; 5 reasons why their own countries need them."
"Dear Mexicans: Stop ruining the narrative."

And just for fun, change milk to orange soda and Trump to Obama.

"Orange Soda is the new symbol of black supremacy in Obama's America."
I would say that Salon is being discriminatory by pointing out color so much. Ok, we know that people have different skin colors...stop pointing! Pointing is rude.

The focus goes off of the people's character or actions and onto the color of their skin and that makes me feel sick.
Identity politics at play. Instead of people recognizing who the real enemies are, they are duped into thinking supporting a rich, corrupt woman makes them radical or revolutionary. Instead of recognizing class as the underlying, unifying factor, they think railing at other people based on race and gender makes them radical or revolutionary.

Ultimately what this does is take collective discontent with our economy, with government, with politicians themselves, and channels it into limp-wristed and harmless (to the establishment, to the ruling class, to bourgeois democracy itself) activities: "activism," protests in favor of one capitalist over another, and so on.
Bulaba Jones wrote:Identity politics at play. Instead of people recognizing who the real enemies are

Preach it bruva! Identity politics exists to make workers fight one another over meaningless shit rather than the true enemy.

That's an interesting argument - that the victim "deserved it." It can applied to any number of people, for example, Blacks deserve racism because they are violent, or Jews deserve racism because they are greedy, or women deserve sexism because they are irrational, or...

Nice to see that you've joined the ranks of the other bigots. ;)
Or like Islamic people deserve hatred because of their religion. Or like transgender deserve hatred because they are "mentally ill". Yeah, I've pretty much caught on to the double standard, just making sure that we are all consistent. If all those groups deserve it, then white people deserve it too. Actually, they deserve it more because of how much grief they cause other people.
Oh, but I never said Islamic people deserve hatred. :) I said the Islamic ideology needs to be eradicated, because it incites hatred against non-Muslims.

I also never said that mentally ill people deserve hatred - I said they need psychiatric help.

Please don't put words in my mouth to defend your racist remarks against whites.
There is no such thing as racial hierarchy. There is a hierarchy of technological development and concentration of capital, and its upper echelons have your attention suitably diverted to the puppet theater of identity politics. You have become the racist you are proud to abhor. :lol:
Lol fragility. Every SJW would cry bloody murder if black "fragility" would be discussed in that way, which is exactly what the OP demonstrated.
It isn't fragile to be upset over abuse when society altogether maligns you. It is fragile as fuck to be the group in charge, and does whatever it has to to stay there, crying over someone being mean to them.

Inb4 you casually deny that racism is real or a factor at all.
Dagoth Ur wrote:It isn't fragile to be upset over abuse when society altogether maligns you. It is fragile as fuck to be the group in charge, and does whatever it has to to stay there, crying over someone being mean to them.

Inb4 you casually deny that racism is real or a factor at all.

Don't you find it strange that racism is only a problem for those who choose to see it as a problem? Many minorities do not see it as a problem, because it is not a problem for them. What is the usual difference between the views? Income! So what is the real problem? Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between an excuse and a problem. I am not saying people do not have racist tendencies, but this does not mean it has to be a problem anymore than being short does.
Differences between blacks and other minorities;

-Kidnapped by slavers vs Migrated willingly
-Family ties destroyed vs Family ties intact
-National identity destroyed vs National identity intact
-Endured centuries of brutalisation vs Less severe discrimination
-Leadership assasinated vs leaders left alive

Need I go on one degree?
AFAIK wrote:Differences between blacks and other minorities;

-Kidnapped by slavers vs Migrated willingly
-Family ties destroyed vs Family ties intact
-National identity destroyed vs National identity intact
-Endured centuries of brutalisation vs Less severe discrimination
-Leadership assasinated vs leaders left alive

Need I go on one degree?

This is simply not true. I won't even bother pointing out the obvious inaccuracies. You are simply picking one small period of history and making it more important than all other history. Blacks are not the only ones to suffer this. All peoples did at one time or another, and many during this same period.
Very, very few people can tell you the names of their great grandfathers, so I find it a little ridiculous to say that period of history is instrumental to their thinking.
Since when was it ever considered good mental health to dwell on the past? It is done. It serves no purpose to dwell on it. The idea is to move forward with what you have, and not worry about what you don't have.
For what % of the USA's history have blacks been enslaved, segregated or subject to mass incarceration?

Name the other groups who were treated in a similar manner to American blacks.

Most people could tell you the names of their great grandparents after one phone call. "Hi Grandpa, what was your dad's name?"

I guess I'm just not as optimistic as you are and think it will take more than 10 minutes for blacks to overcome their legacy of being 3/5 of a human.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]