Are Alt-Right just pessimists? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Mild necroposting has been permitted because it has always been mild but since it is growing into a bane it will no longer be tolerated.

Moderators are therefore advised to initially move necroposts into stand-alone threads and for repeat offenders to hand out official warnings if said posters continue the practice.
All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#14782830
B0ycey wrote:Yes, it's the whole half glass empty debate. Are the Alt-Right PoFo just pessimists? They tend to be against everything that has little impact with their lives. Whether it's transgender using specific toilets, same sex marriage, immigration or refugees. Whatever the subject, the justification they give seem extreme and never logical. And to cap it off, the issue itself seem to have little impact in their overall lives either. I have read 'Trannies are rapists', 'Marriage is a religious ceremony between different sexes only otherwise it goes against sanity', 'They stole my job', or 'They will blow us all up'. But when you look at figures, the stats to these claims don't match reality. So are the Alt-right just pessimists looking for justifications to their ideology no matter the absurdity of the claim or something else?

I don't know if I qualify as alt-right, but I'll give this a shot anyway.

The argument that some of these issues don't affect people goes both ways. If, for instance, a group of CS students who have developed a software which only includes 2 genders is met with outrage by other students, then I wonder what's wrong with those outraged students. Personally, I wouldn't have taken note of any of this at all, if the outraged students hadn't made a big issue of it. Now, in isolation this is still a non-issue, but if you have followed minority issues in general, then you will note that the number of these issues that people are outraged about has massively increased over the last decade and hence it is pretty much impossible to ignore at this stage. Recently, we had a "controversy" here in NZ in one of our universities, because some students were outraged about the European club at their university. They said that a European club shouldn't exist because NZ culture is European and these clubs should only be allowed to exist to promote minority cultures. They gave the club members a hard time for creating a "White oriented" group.

Overall, there is an expectation that the majority is supposed to give in to demands and preferences of minority groups as a matter of course, for the sole reason that the majority is dominant and hence should accommodate minorities. A decade ago I actually wouldn't have taken much issue with this, but today, having followed the rise of outrage and snowflake culture, I think it's become counter-productive to immediately fall over when somebody shouts "minority rights", "oppression", etc. I find we have started to almost treat minorities and their supporters like special needs kids who cannot be expected to be reasonable and hence deserve special consideration and must be pacified. Most importantly, I've come to the conclusion that it is very unlikely that they will stop coming up with ever more demands in the future.

In short, once they stop making demands about how I should speak, act, with whom I can organise, etc., I'll stop caring immediately. Mine is a reaction; I'm not initiating this and I actually have very little interest in minority issues, despite the fact that I could be considered a minority in two respects, i.e. being female (which is a quasi-minority) and being an Austrian in NZ. In fact, I would be delighted if I wouldn't have to hear anything anymore about the fight about a name/label (gay marriage) and men wanting to use the same toilet as myself and wanting to compete against me in sporting competitions. The icing on the cake would be if the advocates of the minority I'm part of (women) would stop clamoring about their non-existent oppression in Western countries.

As for the immigration/refugees issues, people have good reason for concern, especially considering the events of late 2015. There are still potentially hundreds of thousands unregistered "refugees" in the EU, some of them multiple times via made-up identities and nobody knows who or where they are. I happen to think that it is perfectly normal to want to know who is entering your country and to perhaps worry a bit if your leaders increasingly don't seem to share this wish any longer. It is also perfectly normal to want to have a say in how many newcomers are allowed to immigrate and to be concerned if that wish is constantly ignored and/or perhaps used as an excuse to call everybody xenophobic and racist.

The refugee issue has been deliberately conflated with immigration by politicians (i.e. the claim that these are the people who will pay the pensions) not by the alt-right or far-right. Further, illegal immigration has also been conflated with the refugee issue in Europe at least (i.e. everybody was a refugee, no distinction allowed), but is generally increasingly conflated with legal immigration. I'm having a hard time not being concerned about this, not least because these three separate issues are, apparently deliberately by some, merged into a single issue. Having followed events over the last two years in Europe and the US from NZ, where thankfully people are still able to distinguish between refugees, illegal and legal migrants, all this looks very close to insanity. As far as I'm concerned, it would be very strange indeed if people weren't concerned.
#14783571
Zionist Nationalist wrote:There is a reason why Africa was a still living in the stone age until the 19th century (when the white man arrived)

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/10/ ... -do-school

You say living in the Stone Age like it didn't require a similar degree of toughness and intelligence to live in the Stone Age as the Iron Age or the 19th century or the 20th century or now in the 21st century. It's all basically the same humans doing the same things. We just do things more efficiently now.
#14783756
B0ycey wrote:Yes, it's the whole half glass empty debate. Are the Alt-Right PoFo just pessimists? They tend to be against everything that has little impact with their lives. Whether it's transgender using specific toilets, same sex marriage, immigration or refugees. Whatever the subject, the justification they give seem extreme and never logical. And to cap it off, the issue itself seem to have little impact in their overall lives either. I have read 'Trannies are rapists', 'Marriage is a religious ceremony between different sexes only otherwise it goes against sanity', 'They stole my job', or 'They will blow us all up'. But when you look at figures, the stats to these claims don't match reality. So are the Alt-right just pessimists looking for justifications to their ideology no matter the absurdity of the claim or something else?


Alternatively you can be a loony left liberal with the belief that if it is CHANGE it has to be good.
#14783758
LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:You say living in the Stone Age like it didn't require a similar degree of toughness and intelligence to live in the Stone Age as the Iron Age or the 19th century or the 20th century or now in the 21st century. It's all basically the same humans doing the same things. We just do things more efficiently now.


I'll also point out that Africans, being human beings, developed metals. Steel was first made in Africa, thousands of years before anyone else.

And this, apparently, wasn't a one-off fluke, but common.
#14783760
B0ycey wrote:Yes, it's the whole half glass empty debate. Are the Alt-Right PoFo just pessimists? They tend to be against everything that has little impact with their lives. Whether it's transgender using specific toilets, same sex marriage, immigration or refugees. Whatever the subject, the justification they give seem extreme and never logical. And to cap it off, the issue itself seem to have little impact in their overall lives either. I have read 'Trannies are rapists', 'Marriage is a religious ceremony between different sexes only otherwise it goes against sanity', 'They stole my job', or 'They will blow us all up'. But when you look at figures, the stats to these claims don't match reality. So are the Alt-right just pessimists looking for justifications to their ideology no matter the absurdity of the claim or something else?


is this a question, or more butt hurt from the loss of an election ?

That is not how I believe Muslims think Let us[…]

Bombings in Manchester

Thank God our Prez is not so ignorant and careles[…]

The Constitution of the United States guarantees t[…]

Kaiser, you want to talk about intellectually l[…]