Conservatives need to stop bitching so much - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Dr Lee

I suppose you are aware the Senate will vote on a bill soon that proposes to sting new troops (who earn $19,000 p. a.) $100 per month for 24 months, to ensure they can access their G. I. Bill rights. Seems a little shabby to me.

Also a tad concerned over Trump's repeal of Dodds - Frank.
Inherited property was given freely by those that earned it.

:lol:

Inherited property was given freely by those who stole it.

I fixed that for you. In the UK receiving stolen goods is a crime.
Yea, we conservatives are still very upset at Hillary Clinton being elected president and Al Sharpton now being a Supreme Court judge.

President Hillary Clinton has already increased the national debt by 5 trillion dollars, and allowed the entire Muslim population of Syria and Yemen to now reside in the US with full benefits equivalent to earning 250K per year.
I suppose you are aware the Senate will vote on a bill soon that proposes to sting new troops (who earn $19,000 p. a.) $100 per month for 24 months, to ensure they can access their G. I. Bill rights. Seems a little shabby to me.

Also a tad concerned over Trump's repeal of Dodds - Frank.

That is really bad. I find it difficult to believe how loyal republicans are to the very people who are throwing them to the wolves.

I am really conflicted about this stuff. I find it unthinkable that people could be so completely fooled. Is it intelligence? (Or the lack thereof.) I really don't understand it.

I offer as evidence this kind of ignorance:

Look at the coal miners. They are out of work. They are not going back to work in any meaningful numbers. Those who are out of work are consuming government money and services and need them to live. Things like Medicare, child care programs, food stamps, JOB TRAINING etc. And yet the people who these coal miners support want to cut all of those programs before they do a damn thing about finding these miners a job.

But let's put that into perspective. There are just under 78,000 coal miners in the US. There are 150,000 solar workers in the US. Natural gas in cheaper, more efficient and vastly cleaner than coal.

The average coal miner makes over $50K per year. Probably about right for a low skill/high risk job. But there is the thing. Trying to train these folks to do another job is not too hard. Trying to train them to do a job that pays $50K per year in the most economically depressed areas of the country is the devil. But any way you cut it, it is absolutely clear that the democratic party solution to their plight is infinitely more likely to help them than the royal screwing they are getting at the hands of the republicans.

Then there is this. We export a lot of coal. If draconian US regulation was the problem we would just sell all of the coal we could produce overseas. But we don't. Why? Because the smart people overseas do not want much more of that stinky, dangerous, expensive and polluting stuff either.

So you see, I think it is coming down to intelligence and education. Both seriously lacking in my poor country it would appear.

President Hillary Clinton has already increased the national debt by 5 trillion dollars, and allowed the entire Muslim population of Syria and Yemen to now reside in the US with full benefits equivalent to earning 250K per year.

I'll bet that made every high school boy on this forum laugh. The rest of us just do this. :roll:
Drlee wrote:That is really bad. I find it difficult to believe how loyal republicans are to the very people who are throwing them to the wolves.

I am really conflicted about this stuff. I find it unthinkable that people could be so completely fooled. Is it intelligence? (Or the lack thereof.) I really don't understand it.

I offer as evidence this kind of ignorance:

Look at the coal miners. They are out of work. They are not going back to work in any meaningful numbers. Those who are out of work are consuming government money and services and need them to live. Things like Medicare, child care programs, food stamps, JOB TRAINING etc. And yet the people who these coal miners support want to cut all of those programs before they do a damn thing about finding these miners a job.

But let's put that into perspective. There are just under 78,000 coal miners in the US. There are 150,000 solar workers in the US. Natural gas in cheaper, more efficient and vastly cleaner than coal.

The average coal miner makes over $50K per year. Probably about right for a low skill/high risk job. But there is the thing. Trying to train these folks to do another job is not too hard. Trying to train them to do a job that pays $50K per year in the most economically depressed areas of the country is the devil. But any way you cut it, it is absolutely clear that the democratic party solution to their plight is infinitely more likely to help them than the royal screwing they are getting at the hands of the republicans.

Then there is this. We export a lot of coal. If draconian US regulation was the problem we would just sell all of the coal we could produce overseas. But we don't. Why? Because the smart people overseas do not want much more of that stinky, dangerous, expensive and polluting stuff either.

So you see, I think it is coming down to intelligence and education. Both seriously lacking in my poor country it would appear.

I'll bet that made every high school boy on this forum laugh. The rest of us just do this. :roll:

<<< I'll bet that made every high school boy on this forum laugh. The rest of us just do this. :roll: >>>

Sorry about that. My apologies. Next time I'll try to make you high school girls laugh as well. :lol:

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]