Trumps visit is postponed because of anti Trump sentiment in the U.K. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

There is also this:

Anti-Trump petition to stop UK state visit passes 1m signatures
More than 1.25m people have signed a petition to prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the UK
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... signatures

The British people definitely don't hold Trump in high esteem, and for good reason.

The petition’s creators said: “Donald Trump’s well-documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official state visit.”
noir wrote:The British people phlegmatic attitude will kill Britain. Brexit was important step ahead. They voted against the establishment and media brainwashing, exactly like the Americans.

Sure, voting for Trump is the same as voting for Brexit basically. Same motives, same attitudes, same kind of forces behind I guess. Those who voted for Trump would have voted to leave as well and vice versa. The Special Relationship is real indeed. :lol:
Godstud wrote:There is also this:

Anti-Trump petition to stop UK state visit passes 1m signatures
More than 1.25m people have signed a petition to prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the UK
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... signatures

The British people definitely don't hold Trump in high esteem, and for good reason.

The petition’s creators said: “Donald Trump’s well-documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official state visit.”

As I said earlier. The British are anti Trump not just because he is an Islamophobe but mainly because of his rampant sexism. This petition is proof of this.
Beren wrote::lol:  Which Israeli PM was like Trump? I can't recall any, even Bibi can't be compared to him. Israel's leaders are professional statesmen and not amateurish buffoons.

I didn't say he should visit Israel because he's like an Israeli leader, but because it wouldn't be an embarrassment to him.

Of course the American situation is different. They didn't suffer as much as Israeli leaders who lost all their families by the hand of the Nazis. Trump didn't suffer so much but he's as authentic and passionate as these Israeli leaders.
Last edited by noir on 06 Mar 2017 19:09, edited 2 times in total.
Rancid wrote:How to pro-brexit people in the UK view Trump?

Second the question. The impression is they are of the same disillusionment attitude currently going throughout the Western world. The Brexit comes as a surprise because they are not in the media, academy and arts. They are the majority but silence one. Many of them old who will not take to the streets in protest. Right now the old politics is still dominant the public sphere. Hope after the coming elections in other parts in Europe the new politics will start to influence where it matters, in media, academy and arts.
[quote="anarchist23"]Americans no doubt are aware of the divisive nature of Trumps politics in the USA, but don't realise the strength of feeling against Trump in the UK.

Not totally true. A SKY poll indicated that the majority of UK citizens agree with Trumps immigration measures. The problem is that the UK media are traditionally very liberal, and tree huggers enjoy making a lot of noise and taking a day off of work to march around Hyde park. I for one would have Don round for a cup of tee and a slice of cake (as long as he brings his lovely wife with him of course)
Zionist Nationalist wrote:British media are self righteous elitists who think they are better than everyone else

My sentiments exactly. :)

It is mass media that "informs" most opinion in the Anglosphere, and mass media got people hating Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

There are very good reasons to detest these corporate shell pseudo-leaders, but mass media hasn't really explained any of these real reasons. Instead, mass media tells us that Trump said "pussy" and is too white. This isn't newsworthy and what is newsworthy... continues to go unreported by our commercial town criers.
The Brits in the main don't like Trump. He's considered to be an arrogant loud mouth
ed American idiot. He should say less as he doesn't do himself any favours. Most Brits don't read newspapers or watch the news, especially the young, but the social media is awash with anti Trump shit.

I doubt capitalism will even exist in a century[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing mo[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]